“Dont Book With Wilma & Betty! (Dirty Unit Bad Cust Srvc) Otherwise Great Property!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Del Mar Beachfront Suites

Save Saved
You added Casa Del Mar Beachfront Suites to your Saves list
Casa Del Mar Beachfront Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6102 Seawall Blvd., Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #16 of 49 hotels in Galveston
Waco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Came to Galveston 2/2/2013 just to be close to the water. We booked 3 months with Wilma & Betty We will not be staying in this unit #275 is gross and thats me being nice. This unit had no linens only 3 blankets no sheets and no towels at all. The dishes were dirty, the refridgerator had a very foul odor there was the lingering smell of cigarettes, there were bugs cockroaches as well as the little ones. The air vents were covered in lint and had lint trails attached to the wall and ceiling in the flow of air. the mattresses hurt our bodies in the bedroom as well as the pull out nothing has been updated. I caught an upper respiratory infection and both my 3 year old and 6 year old became congested and began to have allergic reactions to the atmosphere inside the unit. Wilma was unwilling to compromise with me on reconciliation she wanted to make my family more uncomfortable and deep clean while we were already moved in. I am a very private person and I dont like people poking around my kids or stuff so i refused i asked for 25% of my money back since I cleaned the unit and because of the falsely advertised condition of the unit and the fact that we had to purchase things that should have been supplied and she refused. My biggest problem though is that she never showed her face, never came to see me, I could never find an address and she sent someone who had nothing to do with her company to bring me a fraudulent lease and take my money!!! All in all Casa Del Mar is a wonderful place. Heated pool, bbq pits, across from the ocean great location I particularly love seeing the older ladies in the pool exercising in the morning :) (reminded me of the movie cocoon) But they are all sweet In our 3 weeks here we have been greeted and gifted by almost all the owners theres even a Winter Texans Program. The atmosphere here is wonderful JUST WATCH OUT WHO YOU RENT FROM!!!!! RYSON IS A GREAT OPTION!!!

Room Tip: Dont Book With Wilma & Betty!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
KarenGalveston_Texas, General Manager at Casa Del Mar Beachfront Suites, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Casa del Mar is made up of 276 individually owned condo suites. The unit referred to in this review is a privately managed unit, not part of the onsite Rental Management Program. The 130 on-site “hotel” program units are professionally managed and follow strict standards and service guidelines including being rated as three diamond by AAA and offering 24/7 on-site service. In this particular case, if there was a web-site (such as VRBO) that you rented through, we encourage you to ask their assistance in resolution as well.

As is the case with many condominium properties, guests should consider issues such as this when deciding whether to rent from a private individual or the on-site management team. We are sorry if you were disappointed with your experience and encourage all potential guests to compare options when making reservations. Please be assured that the rental program management team takes pride in providing our guests with clean, well appointed and comfortable accommodations as well as friendly, professional service. The many Winter Texan you met on the property are a testimony to this as well!

239 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Kinder, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My family and I stayed two nights, February 13 and 14 and we enjoyed every minute there. We hated to have to leave. The front desk lady was friendly and professional when we checked in and the suite was clean, well kept and had a great view of the gulf from our balcony. Paid $99 a night, booked online, but the front desk said if we had called them directly, we could have gotten it for $79. This property is worth every penny and we will definately return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Farmington, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Outstanding!!!! This location is in the ideal spot! The view of the sunrise over the beach was breath taking! Walking distance to any amenity you need from Wal-Mart, to souvenir shops, to mom and pops dinners, to high class restaurants. Their staff is the best I've ever seen, of the highest quality and professionalism. I highly recommend Casa Del Mar in Galveston and will be back to watch the sunrise again!!!!

Steamboat Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

It was my first trip to Galveston and can't wait to go back! The staff @ Casa and the property is amazing. The location is perfect and within easy walking distance to the beach and other local attractions! I love how every suite as a beach view. The 2 pools were very nice and relaxing.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a beachfront view. Even though the very front rooms on the buildings have the be...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
KarenGalveston_Texas, Front Office Manager at Casa Del Mar Beachfront Suites, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thanks so much for the feedback, we appreciate your comments. Next time you visit, we hope you will take some time to enjoy the heated pool!!
Buffalo, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed here this past weekend for a friends' wedding in town, as well as just a quick getaway for his birthday. I was originally going to make the reservation through galveston.com, but decided to call them directly to see if they could give me a better rate. They actually gave me a better nightly rate, so I was very pleased with that. Check in went very smooth; even though we arrived kind of late. Carl and Kendall were at the front desk - they were both very nice and helpful. Our room was on the west side, third floor. When we go back again, I will make sure to request a room with a gulf view that directly faces the ocean. Our view was nice though - no complaints about that. The suite itself was nice and clean- small but definitely comfortable for my husband and me. I don't know if we would bring the kids here or not - we have a 15 year old, 13 year old, and 21 month old. The bunk beds were very narrow, and the mattress wasn't the most comfortable. As close as the quarters were, I think it would feel very cramped with the bigger kids. If they were younger, maybe. Having said that - the bed in the room was super comfortable! Sheets were soft - almost as soft as the ones on my bed at home. Pillows were soft, and the blankets that were provided were warm. I'm cold natured, so I bundled up in flannel jammies, but my hubby was in heaven-- the air conditioning vent blows directly onto the bed LOL! The bathroom was a typical "hotel" size. Small counter top, toilet and shower/tub. The water got plenty hot, and didn't run out. Plenty towels were provided too. Kitchenette was as expected- small but functional. The coffee pot provided in our unit was a small 4 cup like your typical hotel. They did provide coffee, but I packed some Folgers from home LOL! All of the stuff in the kitchen was average (plates, cups, coffee mugs, silverware, can opener, corkscrew) pretty much what was expected. The living room area was cozy- little couch and chair with a coffee table (almost exactly how it looks in the photos lol). The porch was also as expected too - couple of lawn chairs and an end table. We didn't check out the pools - it was 58 degrees when we were there.

Over all, we would stay there again if it was just us. Bringing the kids along maybe not so much. Upon check out they did give us a coupon for future booking at a discounted rate.

Room Tip: Ask for a Gulf View room - it faces the ocean directly
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We rented the suite for 2 nights for a family vacation. Plenty of room for 2 children and 3 adults. The room was clean and having a kitchenette was great with the kids.Great location, right across from beach. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Benton City, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Our first trip to Galveston and we enjoyed it very much! The location was great, just walk across the street and you are at the beach. I think all of the rooms have an ocean view, our room was on the east side of the building and it was nice but if I ever go back I would request a room on the west side or the front to catch the breeze a little better. I know that they advertise that the room sleeps six but the pull out couch seems a little small to comfortably sleep two adults, unless your skinny! The kitchen was nice, we could have breakfast and lunch in and splurge on dinner. Laundry facilities were clean and cost $1 for each but I had trouble getting change. The ice machine cost but we had ice cube trays in the freezer. There were plenty of security people making rounds at all hours and I felt very safe. The only problem we really had was a weird smell when we would come into our room. It was a slightly ammonia smell but after being in the room for a couple minutes it faded. I should have told the management but I didn't get around to it. Everyone I talked to was friendly and accommodating. Within walking distance to Walmart, Kroger and many other small shops and restaurants. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Seawall have the best view and west facing rooms get the best breeze. Laundry facilitie...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Casa Del Mar Beachfront Suites? Share your experiences!