“Complete Bliss” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Del Mar Beachfront Suites

Save Saved
You added Casa Del Mar Beachfront Suites to your Saves list
Casa Del Mar Beachfront Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6102 Seawall Blvd., Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551   |
Ranked #10 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Farmington, New Mexico
“Complete Bliss”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Outstanding!!!! This location is in the ideal spot! The view of the sunrise over the beach was breath taking! Walking distance to any amenity you need from Wal-Mart, to souvenir shops, to mom and pops dinners, to high class restaurants. Their staff is the best I've ever seen, of the highest quality and professionalism. I highly recommend Casa Del Mar in Galveston and will be back to watch the sunrise again!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

It was my first trip to Galveston and can't wait to go back! The staff @ Casa and the property is amazing. The location is perfect and within easy walking distance to the beach and other local attractions! I love how every suite as a beach view. The 2 pools were very nice and relaxing.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a beachfront view. Even though the very front rooms on the buildings have the be...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
KarenGalveston_Texas, Front Office Manager at Casa Del Mar Beachfront Suites, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thanks so much for the feedback, we appreciate your comments. Next time you visit, we hope you will take some time to enjoy the heated pool!!
Buffalo, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed here this past weekend for a friends' wedding in town, as well as just a quick getaway for his birthday. I was originally going to make the reservation through galveston.com, but decided to call them directly to see if they could give me a better rate. They actually gave me a better nightly rate, so I was very pleased with that. Check in went very smooth; even though we arrived kind of late. Carl and Kendall were at the front desk - they were both very nice and helpful. Our room was on the west side, third floor. When we go back again, I will make sure to request a room with a gulf view that directly faces the ocean. Our view was nice though - no complaints about that. The suite itself was nice and clean- small but definitely comfortable for my husband and me. I don't know if we would bring the kids here or not - we have a 15 year old, 13 year old, and 21 month old. The bunk beds were very narrow, and the mattress wasn't the most comfortable. As close as the quarters were, I think it would feel very cramped with the bigger kids. If they were younger, maybe. Having said that - the bed in the room was super comfortable! Sheets were soft - almost as soft as the ones on my bed at home. Pillows were soft, and the blankets that were provided were warm. I'm cold natured, so I bundled up in flannel jammies, but my hubby was in heaven-- the air conditioning vent blows directly onto the bed LOL! The bathroom was a typical "hotel" size. Small counter top, toilet and shower/tub. The water got plenty hot, and didn't run out. Plenty towels were provided too. Kitchenette was as expected- small but functional. The coffee pot provided in our unit was a small 4 cup like your typical hotel. They did provide coffee, but I packed some Folgers from home LOL! All of the stuff in the kitchen was average (plates, cups, coffee mugs, silverware, can opener, corkscrew) pretty much what was expected. The living room area was cozy- little couch and chair with a coffee table (almost exactly how it looks in the photos lol). The porch was also as expected too - couple of lawn chairs and an end table. We didn't check out the pools - it was 58 degrees when we were there.

Over all, we would stay there again if it was just us. Bringing the kids along maybe not so much. Upon check out they did give us a coupon for future booking at a discounted rate.

Room Tip: Ask for a Gulf View room - it faces the ocean directly
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We rented the suite for 2 nights for a family vacation. Plenty of room for 2 children and 3 adults. The room was clean and having a kitchenette was great with the kids.Great location, right across from beach. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Benton City, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Our first trip to Galveston and we enjoyed it very much! The location was great, just walk across the street and you are at the beach. I think all of the rooms have an ocean view, our room was on the east side of the building and it was nice but if I ever go back I would request a room on the west side or the front to catch the breeze a little better. I know that they advertise that the room sleeps six but the pull out couch seems a little small to comfortably sleep two adults, unless your skinny! The kitchen was nice, we could have breakfast and lunch in and splurge on dinner. Laundry facilities were clean and cost $1 for each but I had trouble getting change. The ice machine cost but we had ice cube trays in the freezer. There were plenty of security people making rounds at all hours and I felt very safe. The only problem we really had was a weird smell when we would come into our room. It was a slightly ammonia smell but after being in the room for a couple minutes it faded. I should have told the management but I didn't get around to it. Everyone I talked to was friendly and accommodating. Within walking distance to Walmart, Kroger and many other small shops and restaurants. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Seawall have the best view and west facing rooms get the best breeze. Laundry facilitie...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We booked a one day overnight stay for our family in August- check in was 4.00 p.m. and check out time was 11.a.m.

Hardly time to really enjoy our "day at the beach"
Normal hotel times are 3.00 p.m. and 12 noon- so we felt short changed.
Otherwise accommodation was OK.
For a vacation rental for 6 people- the kitchen amenities were sparse, and the table provided had only 3 chairs- for folks who stay a few days this could be a problem with 6 guests, and 3 chairs!

Room Tip: We spent a little more to get a sea facing room- very nice view. Hotel pools were small, crowded an...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
KarenGalveston_Texas, Front Office Manager at Casa Del Mar Beachfront Suites, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your comments. The summer check-in and check-out times are typically scaled back due to high volume, however, whenever possible we will honor an early check-in or late check-out request. And as you mentioned, we do extend them during the off season and it is always our goal to ensure our guests are able to enjoy the property for the maximum amount of time possible. Please let us know which unit you stayed in and we’ll make sure the inventories are adequately stocked. We strive to provide quality accommodations at a great value and we appreciate your comments.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed 5 nights in a private condo and it was one of the best vacations ever! Walking distance to several restaurants, beautifully decorated and well-maintained condo with a fabulous view of the Gulf!

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Casa Del Mar Beachfront Suites? Share your experiences!