“Galveston get away” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Silverleaf Seaside Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Galveston
Silverleaf Seaside Resort
Save Saved
You added Silverleaf Seaside Resort to your Saves list
19320 West San Luis Pass, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77554   |
Ranked #24 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Fort Worth, Texas
“Galveston get away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

The location is nice if you want to be away from town, it's about twelve miles from Galveston but just across the hwy from the beach. Needs an update on the furniture the couch is like a rock and no elevator, overall if you want to be out if town this is the place

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Seaside is one of our favorite resorts to stay at. The views are beautiful with both sunrises and sunsets. They have their own private beach which we have not gone to but it's across the street from the resort. Moody Gardens is in close proximity. The units are always very clean and the staff very helpful and cheerful. There's plenty to do at the resort but we spend our time touring The Strand. I lived there before so I am familiar with which beaches to go to where you can drive on the beach and where to park and walk down on the rocks to take pictures of the surf. Seaside being away from the hustle and bustle makes it a quiet place and it is only minutes to the heart of Galveston. My husband sometimes uses the fitness center but it opens later than the times he trains. It opens at 10 he trains in the early am. I have diet restrictions so the eating is limited to me however, the food and service is great.

Room Tip: We prefer a room with a western sky view from the balcony. If you get that, you have a sunrise view...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Gibbons, Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stayed through RCI April 14 to 17 and were treated wonderfully. I can't say enough good about the staff and how helpful they were from check in to booking tours. Especially Derek the concierge. Thank you for all your help. We were in a presidential suite thanks to Robert for the upgrade which I understand is the only type that has elevators. And only some have washer dryer. So if you need this you might want to check ahead. I found out if you book through RCI for Friday check in you are not in presidential and no washer dryer. If you book a Saturday check in you are in presidential and the 2 bedroom units have washer dryer not sure about other types. The unit was very nice, newly updated and very clean. Everything we needed was there. Anything we needed extra was brought immediately. The pool is very large but not heated but the kids still enjoyed. There seemed to be a lot going on around the resort but we never participated. I would stay here again. The only con was the walls were paper thin and yes I could hear and tell you the conversation every morning, very early, that my neighbors were having on the other side of the wall that was directly attached to the bed. I even heard them go to the bathroom. Ewww

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Positives: fresh looking buildings; 5-8 minute walk across road to beach; staff friendly and attentive.
Places for improvement: in this age of technology, the fact that I had to walk up to the registration building/ wifi lounge to GET wifi, seems a little outdated; there are no laundry facilities in the lodge so I went to the local laundromat (washateria in Texan) to wash clothes and guess what?! THEY had wifi!!
Due to mobility issues and the resort was only made aware of this at checkin (so not their fault), we were placed right beside the stairs in building 8 on the 1st (which is NOT ground level) floor....unfortunately other guests having no idea that anyone else was staying there, clomped (yes, I said clomped) up and down the stairs like a wandering herd of elephants day in and day out. At night, it was annoying at best. Not the fault of Silverleaf but something to take note of.
All in all a nice resort but I wouldn't say quiet between the LARGE number of screeching seagulls in the area and our location beside the stairs.
The two bedroom unit was adequate though when we arrived, someone was still cleaning the carpet in the livingroom. We dropped our luggage in the 2nd bedroom and left for awhile. When we returned the door to the 2nd bedroom would not unlock and the interior access door had been closed (by the carpet cleaning fellow?). It was locked from the inside. Maintenance was called and the door was forced open. 1)that exterior door lock was not repaired/ replaced while we were there and 2)the livingroom carpet had been cleaned but the 2nd bedroom carpet was stained and dirt. I have no answer for that one.
I would not discourage anyone from staying here but would meantion the above points including the fact that you are about 25 minutes from downtown Galveston and shops/ stores.

Room Tip: Understand that unless you get into a building qith an elevator, that you are climbing stairs with y...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have stayed three or four days at a time in the lodges, the suites and the presidential units. This is my favorite GetAway! Across the street, you can walk a wooden bridge over the dunes to a well groomed beach. Both sides of the island are visible from the top level of the presidential units. You can walk to the Bay side from the back of the property. Surfside is clearly visible from most of the property. No one comes into your room without you there. It's still a wise choice to be careful of precious, expensive or pawnable property no matter where you stay. Hard to understand the carelessness of the reveiwer who lost an iPad. Every unit has a whirlpool tub. They are all sufficiently supplied to sleep and serve 6 people. Plenty of towels! A refrigerator/freezer and stove. Three televisions. A balcony.. What's not to love? There is no lift for luggage if you are not presidential. However, if you arrive before nightfall, a porter can usually help you carry your things to your room. Any other time, a security personnel will gladly help. Swimming pool, mini golf, indoor games and arcade - fun for the family!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Frisco, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

3rd floor room=72 stairs with no lift for your luggage
Furniture and rooms in disrepair and dirty.
Appliances also in disrepair.
Property management says they want to comp you for the issues, but disappear just as you check out.
Went home disgusted with the ahold experience.

• Stayed February 2013
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Every body is friendly in Gaveston Island, give 5 o more star. But the silverleaf seaside resort check-in no friendly. I saw some review and the have the presidental several time. I supost to have the presidental but the gave me the lodge.And the room no ready, the bring the toilet paper and the shower curtain in the door.. How i cant have the next time the Presidental.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Silverleaf Seaside Resort? Share your experiences!