We booked the week through RCI exchange so it was simple. We traveled wth our 3 little ones: 2, 4, and 6 year old. Overall, the resort was nice and down to earth.
1. Staff: Very helpful and friendly. Always available to answer questions.
2. Activity center: Many activities. They offer free wi-fi, movie nights, snacks, and many tourist information brochures. They gave a gift package to each owner that was a plesant surprise. You can also borrow all equipments to use in their tennis court, mini-golf and basketbal court.
3.Amenities: (all free) Mini-golf, tennis court, unheated out-door pool (which is also closed during cold season), wood structure playground, huge grass area, pic-nic area, BBQ grills.
4. Rooms: Simple country design and a bit empty. It was originally designed as two lockout units. One room (main area) with king bed and a Jacuzzie tub, sofa bed and full kitchen. Other other room with a double bed, full bath, partial kitchen. At most 800 square ft overall. Some building design faults such as door open to the wrong side blocking access, light switches hidden behind doors when opened, heating badly sized despite repeated adjustment by the maintenance. Overal, livable and OK.
5. On site Beach: Need to run acroos the main road. We did it once and have used the car for the remainder of the week. Not the best beach in the world but pretty nice for sand castles and always kept very clean!
6 Resort: Presidential suites are located further away but they are building more amenities in the future. For now, all amenities are close to activity center. So if it is important for you, do request to stay in a building closer to the activity center.
7. Galveston: Located 16 miles west of Galveston. There are many things to do in Glaveston and we were never bored any day. Check their official web sites and get some coupons for local attractions such as $2 off at Schilitter Bahn, Moody garden and other attraction.
9: Location: 15 min drive from Galveston but we found it was nice. If being central with many activities is important for you, this may not be your ideal location.
10. Grocery shopping: There is a Wal-Mart super center just right off the seawall and 61 st street. SO do make a stop on your way to the resort (as this is the only way from Houston) and get all your shopping done. There are also many other supermarkets and restaurants along 61st street and seawall. Once you pass by the sea apartment, there will no longer be any descent shopping after that!
11. Laundry: This is the first resort we have been to that does not have on-site laundry services. You need to drive 4 miles toward Galveston for A laundrymate.
Overall, many more close by attractions, friendly people and a good experience. But only if you want to stay AWAY from the crowd and activities. There are no major attraction around the resort within 15 min drive. Iam sure suring the summer time it will be better,
- Also Known As:
- Silverleaf Seaside Hotel Galveston