“Great place and family affordable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Galveston

You added Comfort Suites Galveston to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Galveston
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3606 89th Street, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77554   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #17 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Conroe, Tx
“Great place and family affordable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2009

This was a great place and afforable. The hotel was really nice, the rooms were very nice and clean but the beds could have been softer for me. There was someone cleaning the pool everyday. There was a wide range in choses of the breakfast. The staff was very attentive and helpful. And we were really close to everything that we did. Would stay here again next time we visit the island..

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
hugo ok
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

i was shocked to find out the breakfast ended at 9:30 since most people who stay here are on vacation.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

I checked in on a Sunday afternoon for a three night stay. Upon check-in, I noted the desk clerk was somewhat distracted as she rattled off her instructions in robot like fashion. She issued me the room keys for my room on the third floor, where we proceeded to bring up our belongings. Upon arriving, I noted the door to my room was open, which I thought a little strange, but we went in and put our items away. The room was a jucuzzi suite, which I had not requested, but it also had a sleeper sofa, which technically met my requirements for two queen beds.

We left for our activities, and upon returning I discovered the key cards would not work. I went down and the clerk expressed surprise at the situation, but reprogrammed the cards. Upon opening the sleeper sofa, I noted that no bedding was included, so I called down, and was told I would have to come back down if I wanted sheets, blanket, etc. I made another trip down to retireve the bedding.

The next morning we left for several hours, and returned briefly at noon, where I noted the room had not been cleaned. As I was leaving for the afternoon, I informed the same desk clerk, and she assured me she would make sure the room would be cleaned.

When I returned that evening, the room had not been cleaned. I went down and explained the situation to the new clerk on duty. He reviewed my account, only to discover the original clerk had placed me into the wrong room. He was very apologetic, and quickly supplied us with a new set of towels. He also offered to let us relocate into the room I was supposed to have originally, but I declined as I did not wish to pack up simply to move down the hall. I told him my biggest disappointment was the original clerk's assurance that she would get the room cleaned that day and she failed to do so.

Apparently they got the situation straightened out at that point, because the room was cleaned the following day. The manager himself was apologetic, but did not issue me any credit whatsover for my inconvenience. He said steps were being taken to address the situation.

As for the hotel itself, it is conventiently located on the far west end of Galveston, and is set back by a block from the seawall. It was generally clean. The breakfast was fine, with a decent assortment of pastries, hot waffles, coffee and juices. There is a small fitness center as well. There is a limited number of cable channels on their TV lineup, and amazingly they do not feature FoxSportsSW (had to listen to conclusion of baseball game on radio!).

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2009

The rooms were gorgeous and extremely clean. And well stocked with tolietries. All but one staff member, was very friendly, curtious, and helpful. They even advised a great beach for us to take the children too. They breakfast was great, even though we arrived at the end of service. Great location and very easy to find. Right next to a movie theater, which is a big plus for us. Also, I recommend getting a 3rd floor room with a balcony veiw of the beach!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

I stayed at this hotel 2 weeks ago and I can say that I was very happy with my choice. The room was newish, with sofa and easychair, 2 double beds which were very comfy, the airconditioning worked very well, everything was clean, except the carpet. Event the laundry room facilities were clean. The breakfast was really good (for North America and compared to other hotels I stayed at). The frontdesk personnel were very friendly and helpful, when I stayed there it was very quiet. I heard the tv from the next room but by 9 p.m. all was quiet. All in all, i would not hesitate to stay there again especially compared to other hotels. Afterwards my friend and I stayed at a days inn in Kemah which was 10$ cheaper but really terrible.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Baton Rouge, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2009

We stayed here for two nights. We went to Schlitterbahn, which isn't far from the hotel at all, so the location was very convenient for us. As others have mentioned, there's a minigolf course nearby, which we also enjoyed. It's a bit removed from the activity on the Seawall, which was OK by us.

The room was bigger than I was expecting. We have 2 kids who prefer not to share a bed, so we wanted a suite with a sofabed. We have stayed in a few other places with similar setup--basically one big room with a partial divider wall between the beds and the sofabed. But this was bigger than any we've stayed at. I'm not sure if Comfort Suites are always bigger, as the others we have stayed in were other chains. I'll definitely try Comfort again though. Usually once you open the sofabed, there hardly seems to be any space in the room that isn't taken up by furniture. Not so with this room. The 2 beds are several feet apart, and there's plenty of space around the sofabed, so we don't feel like we're climbing over the kid in the sofabed every time we need to cross the room.

Breakfast was pretty good, although it would have been nice to have some fruit. Kids got a kick out of the Texas-shaped waffles. The coffee was pretty good as hotel coffee goes, and they kept everything pretty well stocked.

The kids enjoyed the pool on our second day, when Schlitterbahn got rained out and then of course it cleared up after the park closed.

Particularly with the size of the room, this hotel exceeded my expectations. It's clean, vry comfortable, and was very convenient for us. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

We just got back from a one night stay at the hotel prior to a cruise out of Galveston. The hotel is clean, quiet, and comfortable. The staff is friendly and helpful. Nice little fitness center, business center, and pool. Breakfast covers the basics. Overall a very nice hotel for the price.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Suites Galveston? Share your experiences!