“An Amazing Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Galveston

Save Saved
You added Comfort Suites Galveston to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Galveston
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3606 89th Street, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77554   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 49 hotels in Galveston
Houston, Texas
“An Amazing Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Comfort Suites in Galveston over Memorial Day Weekend. Everything was wonderful. We were on the third floor in a room facing the ocean, and the balcony was breezy and great for relaxing. Our room had comfortable beds after long days at the beach and walking around Galveston. The room was cleaned so well, and the staff was friendly. The free breakfast and free Wifi were great too! Everything was wonderful.

Room Tip: Definitely stay on the ocean side. The view is beautiful! Also, walk next door to Kites Unlimited...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
gm_tx885, General Manager at Comfort Suites Galveston, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Thank you so very much for the kind words. We're delighted you enjoyed your stay! Your feedback will be shared with the Staff. I hope we will see you again the next time you are in Galveston!

131 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
El Campo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We decided to celebrate our 7th anniversary in Galveston at this hotel in their jacuzzi suite room... we are so glad we did. Room was very nice, people were very friendly, The hotel sits a bout 1000 feet further back from the shore than most but it makes it very quite as there is little street noise to contend with. The view was still remarkable and we had a great time. there were many restaurants available nearby. highly recommend!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
gm_tx885, General Manager at Comfort Suites Galveston, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Thank you so much for the positive feedback! We are thrilled that you spent your Anniversary with us. I hope that we will see you for your next Anniversary (or maybe sooner)!
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here because we could park our car for free all week while cruising. They also provide a shuttle to and from the terminal. That alone made it totally worth our stay. The beds were comfortable. The free breakfast was hot and good. the staff was very attentive. It wasn't the cleanest place I've stayed but it worked beautifully for us for the night (this is my only reason for 4 stars). We rented a room on the top floor, facing the Gulf. It really wasn't that big of a deal though because you aren't right across the street from the boardwalk, you're almost half a block so your view also contains a lot of telephone poles, etc... We will definitely stay here again when cruising as it saved us a bunch of parking fees and the convenience was well worth it.

Room Tip: If you do want a Gulf view, ask for a room on the top two floors with a Gulf view. Otherwise, you a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! Your feedback has been shared with our Staff and Ownership! We are happy to serve you and I hope we will see you again in the future.
Hutchinson, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We found pluses and minuses with this hotel on our 1 night stay July 24, 2013. I like the hotel, it was clean had awesome view of the gulf from our balcony. Did have some issues with the beds, they are against the wall. The person sleeping on the outside has to crawl over the bed to get in or out. Quite inconvienent, they should give the staff a huge bonus for even getting the beds made. Wonderful breakfast and pleasant breakfast staff. I went to the front desk to request a late check out and waited quite awhile. The front desk lady was reading her magazine in the other room. I told her I had been waiting awhile and then she told me I was wrong that she had continued to peek out and had not seen anyone. The lady reading the paper to my left was the one that realized she was back there and hollered for her. It kind of put a bad feeling on staying there. Being accused of lieing is not something I encounter since it is not something I do. I should have gotten her name. I am sorry I did not.

Room Tip: Balconies on south side have a view of the gulf on 2nd and 3rd floors. Northside does not have balco...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
gm_tx885, General Manager at Comfort Suites Galveston, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Sandra C.,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback. We appreciate the kind words and compliments.
You are correct about the beds. In some of the rooms it is a tight squeeze. We have looked at ways to minimize the situation and while we haven't hit on a good alternative yet...we're still trying! It is indeed quite the challenge for the staff to make the beds up each day in the rooms with this dilemma.
It is disappointing to hear that after an enjoyable stay, that one of the last impressions you had of us came from inexcusable behavior from a member of our desk staff. I hope you will allow me to offer a sincere apology and to say that this aberration of usual standards is not acceptable. It will be addressed.
We value the feedback. I hope the positives of our property and other staff members you encountered will outweigh the negative of one individual and that you will visit us again in the future.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stayed there two days (Mon/Tue) and it was really nice. The staff was very good and attentive. The breakfast had a good selection and was very tasty. The breakfast area had a nice big TV to watch while we ate.

The pool area was a lot of fun. Very good layout if you have kids.

The close proximity to Moody Gardens made this the perfect place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
gm_tx885, Manager at Comfort Suites Galveston, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again!
spring,tx.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel numerous times and found it to be a hidden jewel. It is just off the sea wall but with a view of the gulf from the upper floors. Suddenly, it has changed from being the welcoming place it used to be to a place where the staff corrects and lectures the guests. Wondering what has happened to customer service. Could they have too much business now that the cruise lines refer their passengers to stay there AND leave their cars in the parking lot while cruising ??? The rest of the staff may be wonderful and I make specific reference here to Christina , the front desk staffer who does not represent this national chain well at all.We, in fact cancelled our reservation and went elsewhere.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Tenaha, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

The staff was EXCELLENT. Anytime me or any other family member needed anything, they were very accomodating. I was surprised with an email thanking me for staying with them, the very afternoon I left. I should have thanked them for having us! We have four children and didn't want to lose any of them in the crowd, so we were looking for a not so crowded area. We found it just a short distance from the hotel. We didn't hear the traffic of the partiers at night. The maids weren't waking us up first thing in the morning cleaning the rooms down the hall. It was a very peacful stay. A true vacation! The breakfast was wonderful. Something for everyone. The sheets....Oh....they smelled so clean!! I truly enjoyed my stay. I don't know the measurements of tv's and all that. Who measures the tv's? Owners! Anytime I see tv measurements, I think it is a "FAKE" review. So....it was a nice size tv! Comfortable beds! Not sure what kind of mattresses! I just know they were comfortable! There was a sales person in the lobby doing some kind of promotional thing. We did sign up. So I will be headed back to Galveston next year. This year isn't over....so who knows! Oh the bathtub, it was a deep and wide bathtub! Was able to just relax!!! The way you should do on vacation. Did I mention the staff? The entire staff, maids, front desk and maintenance man were all outstanding. My husband took a glass bottle to the pool, the maintenance man got some cups and brought them out to my husband and told him bottles weren't allowed in the pool area. Any other place tells you that you can't have glass in the pool area and asks you to leave the area. High-five on the cups!! Guests aren't there for employees to "get onto", they are there for pleasure. I have to say, we were all treated like "wanted" guests!!! Everyone would smile and say good morning/afternoon to us. We felt very welcomed. We lucked up and got the right hotel at the right spot. This was our first trip to Galveston, but it will not be our last. This is the hotel for us! Thank you Comfort Suites!!!

Room Tip: Third floor is very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites Galveston? Share your experiences!