“Outstanding!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Galveston

You added Comfort Suites Galveston to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Galveston
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3606 89th Street, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77554   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Austin, Texas
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Very clean and comfortable.....staff were all very friendly and helpful. They even arranged a shuttle for our group to the event location at a restaurant, which was great so we didn't have to worry about drinking/driving. Super friendly, super helpful and I highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Arlington, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Went with family for a quick Friday to Sunday trip. Our room was clean breakfast was good as well. We were unable to swim bc the gate looked locked. But we did enjoy the beach! It was very close but we still took the cars to load everything up in it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed one night with 2 kids to have some Galveston fun for the weekend. The hotel was clean, the room was spacious, and we all had a comfortable night's rest! No seawall or weekend night noise could be heard from the hotel, as it's situated far enough down the island and a block off of seawall blvd (yet close enough to get to the Strand area and East end within 10-15 minutes). The room was equipped with a microwave, minifridge, & coffee maker, and there was also a room safe for valuables. The hotel breakfast bar was good with plenty of hot and cold options, and staff was present and friendly. The only issue that came up was when we entered our first room (Room 223), it REAKED with a very strong cigarette odor. My husband and I both noticed as we opened the door. The entire hotel is supposed to be non-smoking. The front desk staff were very helpful, and changed our room without hesitation. We look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed here one night before our Disney cruise. It was nice. Breakfast was the usual stuff...waffles, pastries, cereal, coffee, juice, and I think sausage. We were able to leave our car here for free while we were on the cruise. We just paid the hotel shuttle to take us to the port and pick us up when we got back. I think it was $20 for our family of 4. There were a lot of people staying there that were cruising the next day so the shuttle was full...no problem though--we all got there in time. We called them when we got back and they came and picked us up. Our car was fine in their lot for the week we were gone. Will stay there again next time we cruise.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Wylie, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This review only pertains to the experience I had with the shuttle service and the management of the hotel.

I stayed in this hotel 2 years ago. It seemed like the perfect place. Big rooms, reasonable price, breakfast included, on the beach, AND they had a shuttle service to get me to the port where I was taking my cruise. 2 years ago it went off without a hitch.

Fast forward to this past weekend. I had booked the hotel in September. I had a party of 10 people so I wanted to get my room in advance. I mentioned I would need the shuttle and the price reflected the shuttle rate.
When I got to the hotel Friday evening (around 7pm) and checked in they had no idea I was taking the shuttle the following morning. I asked them to put me down and said I wanted to leave as early as possible because I wanted to eat lunch on the cruise ship. The gentleman behind the counter said he'd see what he could do and promised to call me to update me. I gave him my cell number and off we went to eat dinner. I never received a phone call so when I returned I asked him about our shuttle and he said we were booked on there for 12:45pm. I asked him why not earlier and he said others had already booked up and we got what was left. I mentioned to him that I booked the hotel in September and mentioned I wanted an early shuttle then. Seems like if anything I'd be at the top of the list. Eventually this problem was resolved when I spoke to a manager (by phone) who agreed with me and said he would make sure two taxis were there to take us when we wanted to leave. I was very grateful and told him I appreciated his good service. I can understand mistakes but I want to be taken care of when I spend a lot of money on hotel and shuttles.
Unfortunately that's not the end of the story. 5 days later we're exiting the cruiseship. I called the hotel to get the shuttle to pick us up. A woman named Christina answered and said the shuttle would be there in 20 minutes. I said "Great!" and continued in our line at customs to get out of the port. I received a call 10 minutes later from Christina asking where we were. I told her we were still in line. She said the driver was already there waiting on us and he couldn't stay (port restrictions). I reminded her she said I had 20 minutes but by the time I got out to the curb (5 min later) the driver was gone. I called the hotel and asked that they send him back. She said he'd be back within "20 minutes at the latest". I was annoyed but accepted this. 3 of our group have mobility issues due to age and obesity. It was also starting to warm up outside. 20 minutes came and went and I saw no one. I called the hotel and was told they'd be there "within another 20 minutes". I mentioned that I was told that before but she simply apologized and said we'd see him soon. Another 20 minutes came and went without a soul. Finally 10 minutes after that (50 minutes after we got outside) the driver pulls up.
I had decided beforehand that I was not going to take my frustration out on the driver himself. After all he's not in control of what the front desk told me and if he can't hang out longer than 5 minutes on the port because of the port rules, this is not his fault. I did want to speak to the hotel and get an apology and see what they would offer us for the inconvenience. So I approach the driver and asked "Are you the hotel on 89th?" He said "Yes...I've already been here once". I told him that we were told 20 minutes and he was there in 10. He explained that he could't hang around. I told him that circling the block would have been appreciated. He starts loading our luggage but he's apparently very frustrated with us. He starts throwing our luggage roughly in the back of the shuttle. I asked him if he can take it easy on our stuff and he said "You know what?? You can take a taxi, I'm not putting up with this". He then starts taking our luggage out. My mother begs him to take us and so did some of the rest of our group. He relents and says we have to load our own luggage. We do so and make our way to the hotel. After loading our stuff in our vehicles I go inside to have a chat with the manager. He's not there again (Shocker!) and so once again I'm on the phone with him. This time he offers no apology. He said his driver explained what has happened and he will discuss with the rest of the staff. I asked him what he was prepared to offer and he gave no answer. I told him that I would be in touch with whoever I needed to to get this resolved. I also gave my side of the story and when I got to the part with the driver, the driver (who was standing nearby) started mouthing off at me and had to be restrained by Christina.
I asked for a phone call by end of business Friday and haven't received one as of today (Monday). I've already submitted a request for guest relations through their corporate office.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

The place was nice. The rooms were very open and looked big. They offered a great breakfast that included waffles shaped like Texas,either plain or strawberry flavor. Also, boiled eggs,yogurt,cereal,bagels,toast,danish,juice,coffee,sausage,eggs etc.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed here the night before leaving on a Cruise to Mexico. The room was nice and clean. We didn't make it up for breakfast. My boyfriend has a rewards card with this chain and they upgraded us to a 2nd floor room with a beach view for free when we checked in. They offer a shuttle to the cruise terminal and parking while you are away for a reasonable fee. The driver was super friendly and helped everyone with their bags and with getting a porter at the terminal. I would definilty stay here again for a trip to Galvaston. The beach was very close.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Suites Galveston? Share your experiences!