“Great location,staff and rooms!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Galveston Island

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites Galveston Island to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Galveston Island
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6303 Broadway St, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #14 of 49 hotels in Galveston
Beaumont, Texas
“Great location,staff and rooms!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband was in Galveston Texas for business. We always stay at Marriotts when available. This was the Springhill brand, which boasts a larger room with a small refrigerator, microwave and breakfast. This is an older property which means the furniture is worn and the corridor carpets were somewhat stained, HOWEVER, our room was immaculate, the staff was friendly and attentive. The breakfast was incredible. There were two attendants who ran the breakfast shift and they did an excellent job. Great location and the price was right. If you are looking for trendy and upscale this is not the place. If you want a clean room, friendly staff and a great breakfast, this is where you want to stay!

• Stayed July 2013

117 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed two nights (7/5 & 7/6) and we checked out today. Although the hotel says it is smoke free - I really feel that I detected cigarette smoke on the first floor. We were placed in a room by the kitchen. The first morning we were there - we were awoken by the noise from the kitchen (they were preparing for breakfast). Although it was noisy - it was bearable. Come morning two (this morning) at 6:00 a.m. - we were suddenly awoken by an EXCESSIVE amount of noise from the kitchen! We could hear conversation, slamming of drawers, the running of water and banging around here and there. I had to get out of bed to make a call from the living area phone (because the phone that was next to me - would not work for whatever reason). I expressed my concerns to the person at the front desk (unknown whom it was that answered the phone) - person was apologetic and said that he would ask the people in the kitchen to keep it down. Then 6:20 a.m. rolled around and there was still an excessive amount of noise - I made a second trip to the phone in the living area and made another call. Again, person apologized and said he would ask them to keep it down. Noise never ceased! We were in and out of sleep getting exhausted. We had stayed up late the night before and our plans were to sleep in (certainly much later than 6:00 a.m.) - our plans did not include getting awoken abruptly at 6:00 a.m.! I made calls to the front desk (on the phone and in person) and spoke with Ezekiel Lopez about wanting to speak to the general manager (Irene Carrillo). I was told she would be there between 9 a.m. and 9:15 a.m. - that time rolled around and then when I asked to speak to her, I was told she would be in at 10:00 a.m. We had to proceed to check out so that we could head back home. At check out time I asked to be compensated however Ezekiel said that he could not do that and I asked for any other of manager on the property, however, I was told that there was not one on the property! I called this evening around 4:00 p.m.( I was told earlier today that she would be working until 5 or 6 this evening). Again, I could not get in touch with her - I left a message for her - still unable to get in contact with her and no return call as of yet!!! Does ANYONE at this properly care about their customers??!!! Oh on another note - first night when we tried to get settled in (very late) - there was no blanket nor mattress pad for the sofa bed (only sheets and a pillow) we had to wait for those to be delivered before we could get to bed. The AC Vent very close to my head where I was sleeping in the bed was very dirty - it needs to be cleaned! Walls are indeed SUPER THIN! breakfast was average and so was the location. I am going to keep trying to get in contact so that someone can hear my concerns since they apparently do not care to respond to these trip advisor reviews (see other poor reviews). Do not stay in #116 - you will regret it. What blows my mind is that we pretty much always stay in Marriott hotels and we have NEVER had unresolved complaints , etc. If there were any concerns, they were always addressed and there has always been excellent customer service at their other locations.

Room Tip: Check out other hotels before you even think about staying at this one. If you do decide to stay at...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

One elevator for 4 floors. I could walk down the stairs and beat the elevator so that is what I did most of the time. Got my exercise in for the day. Furniture was worn compared to the other SpringHill suites I have stayed at before. The breakfast was good. Location great if you have a car. Room had micro and fridge. No complaints but the elevator.

Room Tip: Get with a balcony facing the bay. Make sure you use the side street to get over to 61st.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Located right off the highway this Marriott hotel welcomes you to Galveston. It is located in the shopping area. Breakfast was pretty good. The pool needed a little cleaning and maintenance-disappointing to the kids but we made up for it since the beach is not that far from the hotel. Staff is friendly. THE ELEVATOR WAS SOOOO SLOW! This hotel is really close to Moody Gardens. Overall, a family friendly hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room located at the end of the building.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Rooms were very clean and had recently been redone. Loved having a microwave, fridge, and coffee maker. The sitting area was comfortable and nicely separated from the bed. Location was not near the sea wall or beaches, but Galveston is small enough that the drive wasn't long. We enjoyed going back to our quiet side of the island at night for a glass of wine on the balcony overlooking the bayou. Complimentary breakfast was also good.

Room Tip: Top floor facing the water has great views over the bayou towards Moody Gardens.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

It's not the nicest hotel, but I didnt expect much. It's close to Moody Gardens. You can watch the fireworks at night right outside the hotel. It's not right by the beach, but it's a quick 20 min drive. Free breakfast is good with hot food. We had a 2.5 year-old and were worried we were making too much noise, but there were a lot of families around with kids. We had a corner room with a living space and mini bar area with microwave and fridge which can be used for extra drinks or snacks you get for the beach. I don't think I would stay here if I didn't have kids, but it was great for what we needed.

• Stayed June 2013
Waxahachie, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel the night before our cruise of out of Galveston. We didn't arrive until after 10pm and the lady behind the desk was very helpful and gave us a nice balcony room overlooking the water. The hotel is older but nicely kept, and no issues that I noticed. If you are looking for a nice place to stay before a cruise or just to hang out in Galveston at a good price, this is a good hotel for it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites Galveston Island? Share your experiences!