“Just What You'd Expect” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Galveston Island

You added SpringHill Suites Galveston Island to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Galveston Island
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6303 Broadway St, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #15 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Lake Worth, Florida
“Just What You'd Expect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

Other reviews of this hotel said there was no view. There is if you are on the west side of the hotel. My room had a nice sunset over the bay view.

The breakfast was typical of Marriott properties. The rooms and lobby were clean and have modern furniture/tv, etc.

The pool is indoor. It's small but clean. Parking is limited but there. The main beach is a solid mile and a half but an easy drive. The location is good in that is right there when you come over the bridge from the mainland.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed here the night before a cruise. Unfortunately, this hotel is on the wrong side of the island. If you want to be close to the cruise ships, you have to stay on the other side of the island, near the downtown area. This hotel was clean, the room was nice, and everything was fine. I didn't like the breakfast options, but I'm not a big breakfast eater. Overall very good.

Room Tip: Any room with a view of the bay.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Ingram, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We were a little concerned about this property after reading some dismal reviews. My sister's family stayed there in Oct, 2012 and reassured us that it was more than acceptable.
We arrived on a Saturday in anticipation of our cruise leaving on Sunday afternoon. Check-in was smooth, however upon arriving at our room, found we were close to the freeway AND next to the elevator-two things we specifically mentioned in our reservation. We went back to the reception area and they were very accomodating. We were moved to the 4th floor, as far as possible from the road noise and the elevator. It made for a quiet stay. To get a room facing the bay, you had to prepay when making the reservation. Breakfast was good, with a decent selection.
We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: 4th floor-away from road and elevator.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Springfield, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We had 3 rooms for 9 of us for a one night pre-cruise stay.

This hotel was a perfect choice for us. We had driven that day from Dallas to Galveston, with a stop at the Space Center on the way. We were tired and hungry when we arrived in the early evening. The front desk check in was efficient, nice and friendly.

Our rooms were all 3 in a row on the second floor. We had rooms overlooking the bay and we could see the holiday lights at Moody Gardens.

I read some reviews about the rooms being small. I actually thought they were roomy. In 2 of the rooms, we had two people each in King beds. The other room had 5 people with 2 double beds (My sister and BIL, My BIL's mom and my niece, and my nephew who slept on the pull out couch). There was enough room for the 5 without feeling too cramped. Obviously, if we were staying for more than a night we would have had an additional room, but for one night it was just fine.

There was enough room that 6 of us sat and watched football in one of the "living areas". Not to bad. The bathroom is small, but efficient. The vanity area is outside of the bathroom, which I prefer and it makes it easier for a family to get ready in the morning.

The beds were very comfortable with plenty of pillows.

The balconies were large and sunset was very nice to watch in the evening.

The breakfast in the morning was good as well, and they have the make your own waffle station which I always enjoy.

Obviously, this is not a resort or full service hotel so if that is what your expectation is, you either need to stay somewhere else or adjust those expectations. I thought the hotel was clean, safe, and just what we needed for the pre-cruise night.

We did go out to eat for dinner and I found the location easy to drive around the island. The cruise morning we were about 5-10 minutes away from the cruise terminal parking.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I booked this hotel knowing that it is not close to the beach; but we just needed a place to stay for one night. I was very pleasantly surprised.

When we arrived Mya (at the front desk) was so nice and helpful. She asked if we had plans for the next day and was glad to make suggestions for family friendly attractions. She even gave me the schedule of events for the island that she had printed for herself!

Despite being a tad small, the room was beautiful. All of the furniture, fixtures, and paint looked brand new. Everything was clean. The bed was soft and comfy (my husband may beg to differ since he likes a more firm mattress). We could see the bay from our room but also had a transformer right outside our window. This really didn't matter to us since we were just there for the night.

We were able to take advantage of the heated indoor pool and spa. It was a great way to relax after a long drive. We were lucky enough to be the only ones in the room.

The (hot) breakfast the next morning was well stocked and delicious. No complaints.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Stayed here for one night and was totally disappointed. I'm willing to pay extra for quality but my stays at Marriott hotels made my stay feel like I was in a motel. Noisy air conditioner . No view despite the fact that they advertise bay view . Take my word for it book another hotel and save your self the hassle. U might think are saving $20-50 but you end up paying in aggravation and waste of time trying to correct the outdated rooms and poor service.

• Stayed November 2012
College Station, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

It may not be close to the beach but it was perfect for the weekend we were there. Spent the weekend in town for a wedding and it was a great experience. The staff is extremely helpful and nice. My only complaint was the "fitness center" only had two threadmills and a stairmaster. We also had a wheelchair accessible room and it was great. The space available was roomy and the bathroom was huge. My only complaint about the accessible room was that the set up of the batheroom was awkward. It needed a towel rack near the roll in shower and it also could have been better if it had a bench in the shower.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites Galveston Island? Share your experiences!