“Some problems” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Galveston

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites Galveston to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Galveston
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6431 Central City Boulevard, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Earn 2X HHonors Points
Ranked #12 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Brea, United States
“Some problems”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Excellent new physical facility, clean,secure, mice little balcony on west wide, right next to Wal-Mart with some covered parking. They were unaware we had our Service Dog with us, it was on page 2 of the reservation and went un-noticed. The oatmeal at breakfast was cold all 3 days. Another couple on Saturday night had a rate of $89 vs our $139. Where did that come from?

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
texas city, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This was an excellent stay for our honeymoon night! Our room was decorated with rose pedals and bottle of champagne along with chocolate covered strawberries (coursesy of my mom). Thanks to the hotel for allowing her to arrive early to decorate the room. It was absolutely an incredible night.

Houston, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I went to the Hotel to speak with hotel management regarding the room charge the following day. I explained the emergency situation and asked if part of my room charge be refunded or if I could receive a room credit. Since I was not able to stay there that Sat night. The hotel management lied to me regarding how I could have the issue resolved by calling 800-HAMPTON guest services, which was incorrect. Hampton guest services forwarded me to Hilton guest services which in turn called back to the Hampton to remind them a letter was sent to the hotel that they could overturn the charge. Two days later the Hampton manager sent me an email saying why he wouldn't refund. He didn't offer any solutions to my issue and to this date has not returned my call to him. Like every other working person, I have no desire to give away my hard earned money. It is clear Hampton Manager Neel Shah does not value my future business, does not respect my Hilton Honors membership, and obviously does not care if I ever stayed at another Hilton again as long as he keeps all of my money, for a night I wasn't able to stay. I will still stay at my Hotel of first choice Hilton but I will never stay at that Hampton in Galveston. I will soon tweet my displeasure with that Hampton Galveston.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

islandhampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Galveston, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Donald T,

First of all, let me thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay with us. I'm sorry that you had a negative experience with our staff regarding a billing issue. We always aim to make sure that our guests feel valued and respected and I apologize that we fell short of your expectations. Please feel free to reach out to us again in an effort to fix this issue.

Best regards,
Neel Shah, CHA
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Great location with great hotel experience from the moment we checked in until we checked out...took a cruise out of Galveston and stayed at the Hampton Inn the night before we cruised...left our car parked in the covered garage while we cruised....all went very very well.....highly recommend this hotel & cruise package.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel two times before this stay. The first time two years ago it was really nice beings we were going to stay at The Victorian but it was so gross. Last year it was still fairly nice just a few things not as good. Now this year we stayed in a king suite and the windows open and there's a ledge outside the window that a little kid could easily fall off of. Also, our bath tub had rust all around the overspill drain on the tub. They put us at the end of the hall right by the stairs and it was kind of noisy everytime someone would open and close the door you could hear it. They serve continental breakfast and the first two years it was great. This year it was okay just not as good but it is free. Not sure if we would stay here again or not.

• Stayed October 2013
The Woodlands TX, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Helpful and courteous desk personnel, very nice room is excellent condition and very good breakfast offering. Good value. Have stayed at Hampton Inns many times and this one was as good or better than most any.

Livingston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Family trip was great! The room was very comfortable. The balcony view was actually just of Walmart unless you got all the way to the side. Covered Parking below the hotel was GREAT and we appreciated that since it was a rainy Sunday to check-out of the hotel. The staff was friendly too. Thanks!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Galveston? Share your experiences!