I recently had to spend the night in Galveston on business and since I am a Hilton Honors member I chose the Hampton Inn & Suites. I was a little disappointed that it did not overlook the seawall and Gulf of Mexico but being only a half block away, I could still smell the fresh ocean air.
Upon arrival, I was greeted by a friendly staff member who promptly checked me in, upgraded me to a suite, and gave me a snack to take to my room. The room was a large corner suite that had a couch, table, chairs and writing desk in one half of the room and a king bed with two nightstands in the other half. A 37 inch flat screen TV could be seen from anywhere in the room. When I was leaving to go out to eat, I asked the staff member for recommendations and she gladly provided me with a printed list of all the area restaurants grouped by type of cuisine, then gave me her own suggestions. Very helpful!
After dining and walking along the seawall for a bit, I returned to my room and did some work at the desk with my laptop. The bed was very comfortable and I had a great night's sleep. My only complaint is that the curtains didn't close all the way and the morning light woke me up earlier than I intended. The hotel has a self-serve hot and cold breakfast which was surprisingly good. The best part was the half moon shaped mini egg, ham and cheese omelets. Very good quality breakfast. At checkout, staff was very nice and friendly. Overall, a very pleasant stay!
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Galveston Hotel
- Hampton Inn And Suites Galveston
- Hampton Inn & Suites Galveston Hotel Galveston
- Hampton Inn Hotel Galveston
- Hampton Inn Galveston
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Galveston hotel is right by the Galveston Seawall, Moody Gardens, the beach, and historic sites. The hotel offers a free full hot breakfast every day, free high-speed internet and Wi-Fi, outdoor pool and whirlpool, fitness center, and meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Galveston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.