“Nice hotel, not the best part of town. 1 block and across busy road to "beach." 1/2 mile to sand.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Galveston

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites Galveston to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Galveston
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6431 Central City Boulevard, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn 2X HHonors Points
Ranked #12 of 49 hotels in Galveston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Kaysville, Utah, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Ho-hum. Nithing special, and not in a great part of town. Not a comfortable place to walk after dark. Handy for Galveston "Cruisers." Nice shuttle service proveided. Walmart across the street for last minute needs. Staff was very good. Balconies in many rooms.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
islandhampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Galveston, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
We appreciate your review of our hotel, and apologize that our location did not fit your needs. We hope the next time you're in the area you would consider staying with us again.

283 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

me and my girl friend stayed at this hotel and we find this hotel spotless and nicer(just cant understand why people complain for some minor things)beautiful pool, hot breakfast, free wifi much nicer rooms then we thought, clean bathrooms(which is very hard to find in any hotel now) and too much more, next time when we return to the area we will stay at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here just past week with our children and I had done some homework before I booked this hotel, we stayed only two nights so its probably no much of the experience, but it was nice, comfortable bed, roomy, clean bathroom, and wonderful breakfast, staff is also very nice always greeted us with warm smile, I cant complain the price we paid it was nice.

NV
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We are die-hard Hilton fans, and figured anyplace within the brand's family would be nicer than most of the competition. Not the case at this property. It was OK, but we've certainly stayed at cleaner, friendlier, better maintained and better equipped Hilton/Hampton properties elsewhere.

As Hilton Honors members, we were given complimentary bottled water and snacks at check in. We were also afforded a room on the fifth (top) floor with an ocean view (sort of - if you craned your neck and looked around the balcony wall, past the extremely busy Walmart parking lot and Sonic Drive In across the street).

Room 516 has seen better days. The fabric upholstery of the arm chair was frayed in several places; the chair was kind of smashed in the corner of the room, up against the head of the bed. There were two queen beds in the room, as expected, but they are much too large for a room of this size. With two adults and two kids in the room, there wasn't much space to walk around. The fact that the arms of the desk chair were too tall to fit under the desk (thus, leaving the chair to stick out into the walkway to the balcony) didn't help matters any.

Black smudges and scrapes were on walls throughout the room, as were a couple of poorly patched holes where a picture or mirror once hung. There was a cheesy fake flower arrangement that clearly had not been dusted in a while. Finally, the number of pillows provided for a room of this size was woefully inadequate.

Worth noting: Towels for the pool area are available by request at the front desk. When I retrieved a few one night around 9 p.m., the clerk handed them over and rather rudely reminded, "The pool closes at 10." (Uh, you might also tell the 20 or so other people out there right now that we'll all be tossed out soon.)

The hotel, which is located across the street from the beach (in a beach town, with sand and water that gets stuck in clothes and swimwear) does not have a laundry facility. WHAT??? When I questioned the front desk clerks about it ("Are you kidding me?"), one's response was, "Yeah, we don't know why they didn't put one in." Um, ok, well thanks for not being helpful by directing me to the nearest laundromat or anything. I guess I'll just lug this overflowing bag of dirty clothes back to my room.

Also, hope you don't want any ice cream treats while you're staying here: The pantry area (snack/sundries shop) had exactly one container of Haagen Daaz ice cream for sale, which was crusted over with freezer-burn ice. Just the thought of it was gross!

On the plus side: The breakfast area, while lacking in food selection/variety compared to other hotels that offer such, was one of the cleanest/tidiest I've ever eaten at. And, the selection of channels on the tv in the room was fairly large and watchable.

There are plenty of lodging options in Glaveston. I think I'll explore another next time we're in town.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues in your room and will work with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again. If you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Wife, teenage kids and a couple of their friends ran down here from Houston. It was a nice break. Free breakfast helps with teens, just off the beach, easy parking, free internet access, clean rooms. No complaints!!

Roseville, Ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

This property is OK, the location is a little tired with a super busy Walmart across the street. The have a really nice aquarium in the lobby. The room is not that big thankfully I was traveling alone for one night pre-cruise free stay using points. My biggest issue was a problem I had with the balcony doors. The wind kicked up something fierce that night and about 3am, my balcony doors opened. I woke up only to find I could not secure the doors. The locks were so jammed and like rusted out I could not throw the latches to secure them. Total frustration!!! I could close the doors, but due to the wind then just kept working there way open. I knew calling at that hour would have been for naught, I highly doubt they would have had maintenance people at that hour and I wasn't going to change rooms.
The bathroom was very nice though with very nice tile, almost slate like, shower tub combo. Lots of TV channels too. I walked to a nearby restaurant for dinner and the walk was not so fun as the traffic on the main road was bad. I did have a car, but it would have taken longer to get there.
Breakfast was decent, typical Hampton Inn style breakfast with everything being Styrofoam and plastic utensils. For 35,000 points, I wasn't too impressed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
We apologize for the quality of services you received during your recent stay. We have reported the malfunctioning of the balcony doors in your guest suite to our maintenance team. We will resolve the issue with our maintenance team and hope you will consider staying with us at again the next time you return to the area..
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Location is pretty good, but because of hotel design there is no true ocean view, as others will tell you as you read other reviews and yes, you do overlook Walmart. The rooms are smaller than most other hamptons and pretty tight for a family of 4....but good practice for our cruise, lol. We were able to stay free with Hilton honors points. Yay! We also paid to park our car during the cruise and took the Hampton shuttle to the cruise pier. $50 for the week

Room Tip: High floor, Walmart side