During the Thanksgiving Day holidays, we were fortunate to stay at this Hampton Inn. The hotel looks like it has recently been renovated. The common rooms were decorated very nicely. The front desk staff and housekeeping were very friendly and were always trying to help. We stayed in a king studio suite with a balcony on the fifth floor. The room was very comfortable and clean.
The studio suite had a bar area which included a mini fridge, microwave, sink and coffee maker.
The french doors opened onto the balcony. From the balcony, you could see the ocean. There is a Walmart directly in front of the hotel. Therefore, you are looking across the parking lot to see the ocean. There is a flat screen television with an extended cable lineup. This is not a beach front hotel. It is approximately one block from the beach. Walking from the driveway of the hotel to the ocean takes about 3 minutes. One side of the hotel has balconies. The other side has windows. You can see the ocean from the upper floors on that side. The rooms on the side that have no balcony will have less road noise. Parking is safe. You can either park underneath the hotel or in the lot behind the hotel which is fenced. The breakfast in the morning is the standard Hampton Inn breakfast. It was well stocked and offered a nice selection. For families with children, there is a McDonalds in the Walmart across the street. There are a few restaurants within walking distance. The hotel is centrally located and close to Moody Gardens. When visiting Galveston again, I would definitely stay at this hotel. I have included two photos from our balcony room on the fifth floor. One at night and the other during the day looking out at the ocean.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Galveston Hotel
- Hampton Inn And Suites Galveston
- Hampton Inn & Suites Galveston Hotel Galveston
- Hampton Inn Hotel Galveston
- Hampton Inn Galveston
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Galveston hotel is right by the Galveston Seawall, Moody Gardens, the beach, and historic sites. The hotel offers a free full hot breakfast every day, free high-speed internet and Wi-Fi, outdoor pool and whirlpool, fitness center, and meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Galveston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.