“Pleasant Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Galveston

You added Hampton Inn & Suites Galveston to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Galveston
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6431 Central City Boulevard, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Park, Stay, and Go
Ranked #11 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dallas
“Pleasant Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I've stayed here three times now and each visit has been pleasant. I've always found the staff to be helpful and friendly. The room is always clean and the decor up to date. The bed is very comfortable too. I'm not crazy about the pool (which is in the back of the property next to the parking lot) but then again, the beach is across the road. For Galveston and for the price, this is a great hotel. It's a Hampton Inn--not the Waldorf Astoria--and it delivers a quality of stay that is exactly on par with Hampton properties. I like the location too--just a stone's throw from the Sea Wall and a vigorous evening walk from a host of restaurants. Galveston is not exactly Miami's South Beach, after all. I just take the whole package for what it is and enjoy it. Like Galveston, this hotel has much to commend it if you leave yourself open to pleasure that is not one-size-fits-all.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Houston, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

The managers there are very incompetent and are prejudice. I felt completely ignored and unwelcomed. They may seem nice because they are doing business, but they'll do anything to get money including screwing you over.

The rooms were nice (VERY SMALL AND COMPACT), but over-priced. There are other more beautiful locations in Galveston for same or lower prices, with the staff being more attentive as well. The view is upfront of a Walmart (like how unappealing is that? And unsafe too! You know lots of weird people are attracted to Walmart at ungodly hours). And the back view isn't much else. You can't see the beach at all... I was really disappointed concerning price due to the fact you're only paying for luxuries there in which you'll never need because you'll be out exploring Galveston instead.

Also, if you stay here and calmly and firmly talk to a manager about some misunderstanding they will threaten you by saying they will call the police because they don't want to deal with someone else's misfortune (when it is their problem too, yet it doesn't affect them at all).

My experience is poor due to complete miscommunication on their end. I reserved a month ago and asked multiple of times on the phone if the price was right in "total" as I am on a budget. I was told the "rate", yet being this is the first time I've ever reserved I did not understand that it was per night. The words "per night" never escaped anyone's lips. I told the reservation desk on the phone that it was my first time as well, so I believe I was taken advantage of due to my ignorance.

I was surprised by the bill I got on the day of my departure, because I asked again if that is the total when I signed for my rooms. She said yes (I stayed there for two nights, thankfully no more) I received no e-mail confirmation when they promised they would send it automatically after I reserved via telephone; I called them twice. When I talked to them in person again and asked for it to be sent again (when I received by departure bill), the manager clicked a few times on the computer and voila! I got an e-mail. Trust me, I checked my spam and everything, and we made sure the e-mail was correct on the phone by spelling my e-mail out completely. They are just lazy, and not thorough in their work

Overall, I believe the managers are incompetent and only want your money (as per usual for businesses). I'd feel better as a paying customer if the staff actually acknowledged the presence of its customers instead of treating them as if they are inconveniences and are only objects for money.

This Hampton Inn is completely unprofessionally managed. I should have listened to earlier reviews about this place, YET I gave this Hampton Inn faith and was spit back at my face.

Room Tip: Even numbers face the Walmart.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

This was my 3rd time staying at this wonderful property. I am always treated in a most friendly and wonderful manner. From check in to check out, everything was fantasic. I stayed in room 519 over looking the parking lot. The breakfast was very good. The room was super clean and fresh as usual. I enjoy staying here and will continue to make this my number 1 pick for Galveston! Thanks to all the great staff!

Room Tip: I would request one on the end w/ a balcony to get a good view of the SeaWall and ocean.
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

Hotel needs maintenance! Front staff blames everything on Hurricane Ike, that was four years ago. Air conditioning is loud. The room decor and hallways are all brown and beige and blah. We asked to be upgraded to a room with a balcony for an additional $20.00. The room we were shown had a large hole in the wall and stained wall. Were not offered another choice. We have stayed at other Hampton Inns which were much more pleasant places.

Room Tip: Don't stay there until management gets their act together.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

The hotel is okay for a Hampton. However the customer service is the worse I've experienced in the industry by far!!!! Whoever works the night shift is completely disagreeable. I know its late but you work behind the desk and a guest asking for a taxi is not a ridiculous request. I didn't ask for you to call them! I just wanted a number... You would think a hotel would have business cards like that on hand and it would not be accompanied by long sighs from the front desk clerk. I'm sorry that you had so much to do at 11pm when the lobby was dead to provide poor customer service.Which is your Job!!! I will never stay at this hotel ever again. This person is extremely rude and I don't understand how she has a job in this economy. I will be taking my business elsewhere. We had a stay here booked for next summer for a week. We will be cancelling that!

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I love Hampton Inns and will prefer to stay at these hotels. I was under the impression that it was an ocean front and vioew property and showcased on the website. It is a wal-mart view and you can barely catch a glimps of the water from your balcony. The location was great though! We really enjoyed it, but felt deceived.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Huntsville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

We took a family trip to the Hampton Inn and Suites on August 11th thru the 13th. I had read the reviews before leaving about the hotel staff being so rude, but I figured maybe just maybe it would be a different outcome for us. We had a pretty good outcome upon arrival that night as we got there pretty late being we were coming out of town. So far so good. We got up for the complimentary breakfast and Unfortunately they ran out of eggs and although it was not yet 10 a.m. I over heard a guest asking would they be putting out more. The lady stated no as by the time they got done cooking it would be 10 already. That gentleman might I add you could tell was very upset! We came back from the waterpark and it looked as if the only thing that was cleaned by the room service was the bed spreaded up not really made the towels had been put on the shelf but not the best room service I'd seen in awhile. We asked about a later check out as we are Gold Members and stay in many different hotels for business throught the year, rudely we were told the best that they could do was give us a 1 p.m. check out ... as if we were bothering them are something! And on top of it all the whole entire morning it seemed we were being rushed out because of lack of communication with the room service. No one knew that we were supposed to be checking out late so therefore 1 came and then the other just came right on in and had to be told that we were not to check out just yet. At one time I was in the restroom when I heard my door come open and someone came on in. Guess the radio playing let them know that they needed to come back later.

Overall this was one of the worse Hampton's I've ever been too and I will tell everyone I know to not stay there because you don't feel welcomed at all.. I think they really need to look at who they have running things all these bad reviews need to really be taken seriously and the Hampton Inn & Suites needs to check their staffing before word gets out that their service is horrible and unprofessional!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Galveston? Share your experiences!