“Outstanding!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Dessert
Azle, Texas
“Outstanding!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Words can barely describe how utterly delicious & perfect our lunch here was. My husband & I stopped by while on vacation. It was the first restaurant we visited, and it was by far the best even topping a higher end seafood restaurant that we tried later on. Hub & I had two of their lunch specials, which I understand change often for variety. I had pan-seared red snapper with vegetable side dishes, and hub had the grilled ling with rice & broccoli. Both were heavenly! Whoever comes up with their dishes KNOWS food and flavor. Delightful, and most unexpected from an unpretentious cafe. Atmosphere is very nice and makes you feel at home. Service was stellar. The biggest winner was the food. Did I mention the prices are unbelievably reasonable & the portions huge!?! Every other seafood restaurant we looked at in Galveston was twice the cost. I wish I had this place near my home. It deserves even better than its #4 spot on TripAdvisor.

89% Recommend
Coldspring, Texas
“Oops!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

I have been eating at the Sunflower since before the move to their current location (at least 10 years). I have found the food to be high quality, well prepared and fresh. Today I had a Ruben Sandwich which was perfect! The slaw was outstanding! Even the French fries were remarkable. Then I ordered desert. This is, after all, a bakery! My eclair came to the table frozen. There was a frozen mass of filling in the center. Not right! The waiter was startled when I sent it back, but took it off the bill without question. He also informed me that Sunflower does NOT freeze their pastries. A short time later he came back and informed me that the temp of the pastry case had been "mis set" and the case was at 22 degrees! He apologized and thanked me for bringing it to the attention of the restaurant. I count the "Eclair Incident" as one minor aberration in YEARS of reliable quality. I include it to show only that when an error does occur, Sunflower Bakery accepts responsibility and makes it right. I have them top marks and will not hesitate to return. Great food at reasonable prices!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Galveston, Texas
“Always a good choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Like always, the food was delicious. I had a waffle breakfast with poached eggs and they were wonderful (best poached eggs I've had were here - so I come back for them).

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

I can early in the morning on a weekday so I can't say anything about their service when there is a crowd. I can say that service was excellent today and the Shrimp Omelet was outstanding! Definitely give this place a try!

Lewisville, Texas
“Delicious Breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Portions are huge. The Big Breakfast with chocolate chip pancakes was wonderful but could have been shared between 2 people. Whoops! Still ate almost all of it. Kids loved the giant cinnamon roll (so did I). Mimosa's were a little strong but that's alright by us.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere