“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Galveston

You added Baymont Inn & Suites Galveston to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Galveston
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2826 63rd Street, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #18 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Angleton, Texas
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

My daughters and I wanted to celebrate the16th birthday of my oldest daughter alone just the three of us. We recently loss my wife and their mother a few months ago and wanted time to reflect and had no plans of going out. She decided that afternoon on the day of her birthday that she wanted a hotel on the beach with an ocean view. It was the thanksgiving weekend and last minute notice so I began to check several hotels. The average rate of the nice hotels was $160 and above for a room with 2 queen beds.The available hotels I discovered below that cost was not acceptable and not what my daughters are accustomed to. So things were not looking so good until I called wyndhamrewards and they told me about the Baymont Inn & Suites. I thought ok, I have never heard of them but I gave her the location we wanted, the price range I wanted to stay within, the number of beds and something with an ocean view on the seawall. Wow, she took less than a minute and said I found a great place for under a $100 on the seawall with double queen beds and an ocean view. Would you like to book it. I replied yes but was wondering what will this place look like. We made it to our destination and was pleasantly surprised at this best kept secret, wow it was awesome and exceeded everything we had hope for. The room was beautiful, clean,cozy, had a balcony with an ocean view and my daughters were happy and so was I. I would highly recommend the Baymont Inn & Suites Galveston and we are looking forward to visiting there again, real soon!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Redfield, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

We stayed one night at this hotel before boarding our cruise. The fresh cookies they served at the check in desk was a nice touch and the breakfast the next morning was okay. There was a lot of people eating so the dining area was full and no place to sit so we had to eat in our room. Our room was clean and had a fridge and microwave which we did not use for this trip but we will definitely keep it in mind for a long weekend trip back in the future. The room also had a balcony with chairs so sitting out in the breeze was nice. It has a very pretty pool but we did not use it during our short stay. There was also plenty of free parking.

We had read some reviews where people had problems with bedbugs here so I checked the beds from top to bottom before we got in them. We had no problems and did not hear anyone else complaining of such.

The hotel is right behind a steak house and about one block from Wal-Mart
so easy walking distance. It was about 3 miles from the cruise terminal so it was in a great location for everyone. We enjoyed an evening walk along the pier and we would easily stay there again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Pocahontas, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2010

We arrived 10/28 and stayed 5 nights. The motel staff were very friendly and helpful (loved the fresh baked cookies every evening). The motel is centrally located, although a block off of the seawall but still convenient. The room was very nice, quiet and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast had a nice array of food and was always stocked. We did have a few "teeny" ants but maintenance gave us a can of ant spray and they were gone. The week-night rates were very reasonable ($47) but jumped for Friday and Saturday night to $80 & $100. Still overall, it was reasonable.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

This hotel had a clean nice room with a flat panel tv and a balcony. It was off of seawall blvd and close to the beach and many attractions in the area. My GPS sent me to the wrong address and when I called the hotel the lady gave me excellent directions to the hotel.

Breakfast was good but only breads and pastries. No meat was served. The bed wasn't too hard and the bathroom was nice too. Smoke free was a plus too.

I'd recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
SW La
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

Stayed a Sun. night in Mid Oct. and unfortunately my expectations weren't high and I wasn't let down. This was my second stay at this property and I booked strictly because it was cheap. And for the 2nd time, even though it wasn't busy, it took me over 30 minutes to get our room due to inexperienced help. And while checking in, another couple came down to switch rooms because their TV wasn't working. Then after getting to the 2nd floor room, it only had one king bed even though I was with another buddy so we went back down to switch to a 2 bed room. And we were told that would be a $15 upgrade charge even thought they offer the rooms at the same price on their website. I was tired so I said ok and over 30 minutes after arriving we finally got our room. Fortunately when I checked out, I ask for a receipt and they told me there wasn't an upgrade charge and that the clerk made a mistake.

Now, for the 2nd time at this property, we had to open both doors to air out the room from the overpowering air or carpet freshener they use. The flowery smell was overbearing. Fortunately after about 30 minutes of running the a/c with both doors open, the smell went away.

The hotel is about 200 yards off of the seawall with no sign so it isn't easy to spot. And it is depressing being right next to an abandoned AfroAmerican cemetary from the 1920's to 40's which is owned by the city. And Galveston should be ashamed of itself for not cleaning and maintaining the cemetary where all of the head stones are broken and in disarray, weeds are overgrown and it is a terrible and eerie site,

And, as usual, only one elevator is in use with an out of order sign on the other one. And in the morning, the staff piles up towels and garbage bags beside the elevator.

The property was built in 2006 and is the standard cookie cutter 3 story property and was a good value but it doesn't compare to a true 3 star property.

Rooms were large, they have a safe and a small frige. They offer free breakfast if you can call it that. I had an OJ, yogurt and bowl of cereal. Wifi didn't work and I didn't care for the bed and had a back ache in the morning but like I said, I wasn't expecting much from a cheap hotel. Price was great.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Grand Prairie Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

The hotel was easy to find-our rooms were ready when we got there- very easy check in process-Two elevators to the rooms, but one was out of service, but we never waited long for a ride up or down. We were traveling with friends and both rooms were clean, but our room had a musty smell. I got some spray from the attendant, and fortunately they left it in our room. I would have to spray it every time we were out for awhile. The bed was comforable enough. Don't expect to see a view of the ocean very well, The hotel is not right on the Seawall, but it is close. Most of the rooms have a side view and if you lean out you can see the ocean. It was good enough for the price that we paid compared to staying somewhere else. I would definetly recommed this hotel especially if you are on a budget and want to keep the price down.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

It was a great hotel, the rooms were nice and big and very comfortable. Its great to have a fridge and microwave. Enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Galveston? Share your experiences!