“Great” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Galveston

You added Baymont Inn & Suites Galveston to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Galveston
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2826 63rd Street, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #18 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Denison
“Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2010

Front desk was very helpful & friendly. Rooms were wonderful. Nice, clean. Good value for your money.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Tyler
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2010

This is a great place to stay for the money. Our room was clean and well kept and we would stay there again. The front desk staff was a little rude at check-in, but that is a minor problem. I have stayed in much worse hotels that cost a lot more.
If you pay a small rate and expect a five star, perfect hotel you need to find another hotel. If you want a good value and a good place to stay, this is it.

Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

After a less than pleasant check in we discovered bugs in our bed !!! we notified staff at front desk and they could have cared less. Stay away from this hotel, very dirty and very rude

Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2010

We were excited to stay at this hotel that seemed like a great deal because it was inexpensive and near the beach. Well....that excitement soon ceased right before we got in the front door of the hotel and were whiffed in the face with a big gust of thick warm mildew air. I mean, I guess you should expect a little bit of that when you stay at a hotel near the beach, but this was much too unacceptable. Not only that, but our room was thick with smoke stinch also, and it was a non smoking room. We actually felt gross just walking across the room and considered going to a different hotel because we just couldn't breathe well. Now I have stayed in at least 50 different motels/hotels throughout my life and I have to say this was my worst stay ever. And I don't have money either, I've stayed in really really cheap motels. I don't mean to sound mean, but I just think the hotel needs to do something about the mildew...maybe get different flooring?? :-/ And other than the smell....the bedding and the rest of the room had dirt/bugs. This would be a great place if they...got rid of the mildew, replaced bedding, and cleaned all the dirtiness, especially all the visible dirtiness everywhere. The point of my review is....even if you have to pay 20 or even 50 more dollars, stay somewhere else.

Oklahoma, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2010

Let me put this in perspective... this hotel was great for my friend and me because we were not in Galveston for a vacation... we were just passing through town and needed a place to stay. Reserved this off of hotels.com because of the $60 price. It was definitely worth it for what we needed!

Very great value!! For $60 we got a private balcony, two beds in a very modern and very comfortable room (also very clean), on what seemed to be a nice and relatively new property. Free morning breakfast was on par with other hotels of similar quality... breakfast dining area was a little dirty but my experience tells me that this is a problem even at more expensive places that offer "serve-yourself" continental breakfasts.

I could not imagine staying at this place for a vacation! It's just a chain hotel without any real resort amenities. Location on the island isn't the greatest... it's on/near a relatively dead stretch of Seawall not closeby anything overly interesting.

Pool and hot tub area seemed nice, though. If you're in town for one or two nights, or in town on business... you should definitely consider this place an option.

ALSO -- I did not experience the uncomfortable beds everyone else is talking about. I suppose everyone is different but I personally did not have a problem with the bed, and I did not hear my friend complain about his bed either.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
Orange, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2009

Like others reading reviews on this hotel, I was a little skeptical seeing the wide range of opinions regarding this establishment. When I booked the hotel on a well known discount website (you know, the one with the famous space exploring actor that stars in their commercials) the reviews averaged and 8 out of 10. But when I checked other sites I found mixed reviews. The bottom line is that this hotel was an really pleasant surprise. The rooms were very nice and included a flat panel TV, modern furnishings, a private balcony, fridge and a microwave. The rooms were spacious, clean and updated and the bathrooms were very nice. We arrived about 7pm and the lady at the front desk was super nice and helpful without being overly chatty. The breakfast was a little skimpy, but for the price I couldn't ask for more. The only downside was that as I was using the computer in the "business center" the next morning, I overheard a very loud conversation concerning another employee. After several minutes, I told the very loud woman behind the front desk that her conversation was loud and inappropriate and that guests don't want to have to listen her loudly running down another employee. Seriously, you could have this woman from just about anywhere on the first floor of the hotel! But I can't hold that against the hotel. Overall, great stay.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Dallas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2009

Booked room for 3 nights, 10/18/09-10/20/09. Due to a sleepless night on 10/18, my wife and I went to lunch on 10/19 and decided to catch up on some sleep. Around 2:00 pm, we were awaken by hammering and sawing in the adjacent room. First time I called the front desk, the phone just rang and rang. I decided to wait a few minutes to call. Once I was able to contact the front desk, I was told that the workers are hanging flat screen TVs. I requested to have re-schedule or give us at least an hour or two to get some rest. She did not accept my request and contacted the owner. After a few minutes, the owner called and told me that people "typically" are out of their rooms at that time and the workers can not be re-scheduled or asked to stop. I mentioned the fact that we had a sleepless night and he questioned the reason. I could not believe that he had to have a reason as they are in the "HOSPITALITY" business and the least they should have done is to manage the schedule to work on another room or move us to another room. The ONLY other option offered was to leave the hotel. We could not accept this type of rude and abusive behaviour, thus we left. Unless you think this is acceptable, I would suggest checking out the competition. Being treated as a low life may not be your idea of hospitality either

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Galveston? Share your experiences!