“staying at the Baymont” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Galveston

You added Baymont Inn & Suites Galveston to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Galveston
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2826 63rd Street, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #21 of 49 Hotels in Galveston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Everywhere
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This was going to be 3 stars Wyndham. I'll be writing a review on your site as soon as I get the email but that this pool closed at prime pool time ESPECIALLY in the fall when sun time is limited is hilarious. When I checked in Friday evening I thought for sure this was just during the week but no it was Saturday also. So ladies if you are looking to get some sun during prime time book somewhere else. I'm sorry there has to be another time you can book your pool cleaner Baymont. That pool is one the smallest and COLDEST I've ever encountered, there's gotta be a better way. So...
Check-in: Quick and effiicient. Received a phone call ensuring the room was ok. I thought room was nice and clean. Small balcony and if you leaned over the balcony and looked left(room 308) and looked real hard you could see the water from the seawall. Unlike the Quality Inn I stayed at last year, the balcony chairs looked halfway decentwithout grime/dirt. Fridge/microwave clean and there were plenty of towels.

Pool: Well I'm a limited beach person and I don't wake too early so when I woke about 1030am Saturday I remember breakfast is over at 9am(told me at check-in so no prob) but man is that early for the weekend? I think it's meant to discourage folk from sleeping in or limit the breakfast offerings. Just my opinion.so can't help you there as I never saw any food and don't know if coffee was available after that time. So as I mentioned the pool is closed form 11 to 2 so I couldn't go there first. So time I got back from breakfast and stopped at a few beach bars, pool was open.( I would really liked to be at the pool earlier). But as I found out, you really don't want to be at this pool. It is very small and I can accept that. I can't accept 4 loungers and 1 of them broken. I will upload the picture later. and 2 tiki hut picnic tables. That in noway is comparable to the numbe of rooms at this hotel. A couple and I kept alternating loungers as I wanted to be in the sun and they wanted the jacuzzi side, then I got hot and need shade etc. That pool even after the sun beating on it all day was COLD so most folks that showed up briefly went for the jacuzzi then left because of lack of seating. Pitiful. Stack a few loungers and take the tags off the few cheap ones you have for goodness sake. Geez! I wonder if the super 8 (wyndham property also) next door might have been better to be honest. Now that I think of it, I wonder if we were allowed to use their pool lol? The inconsistency among Wyndham properties blows my mind I swear. I've had 4 star like super 8's(austin) to to dirty/filthy(look at my reviews) properties. Set a standard and ensure your franchises stick to it Wyndham!. I am about through with you period.

Service: Staff/desk: Were friendly and even kept my swimsuit for a day that I left behind and that's why it is 2 stars instead of 1. If you're just hitting the beach and need to sleep I recommend. Other than that, you will be disappointed

Room Tip: Highest floor available; closest to the seawall
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
baymontinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Galveston, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
We apologize if your stay was anything less than satisfying, all issues will be addressed, thank you for all your helpful tips and comments.
Austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is my first excellent rating for a budget hotel. Mind you, I went in September during the week and had a great rate.

My room was big and clean. Part of the ceiling was arched and had modern decor. The room had a fridge, micro and coffee makers. The A/C was good, flat screen tv on the wall. It had a door to a full sized private balcony. Of course the balcony faced the parking lot. To my right view was the pool and a distant ocean view. It is an easy walk to the beach.

They offered a standard continental breakfast. The warm food was Texas shaped make your own waffles, toast, mini bagels, and instant oatmeal. (more offerings than most budget motels.)

Staff was nice with a good attitude. The hotel is 100% non smoking!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
room for a great price- Yes Yes Yes, thank you for the awesome comments, we hope to see you soon.
San Antonio, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Galveston is my favorite place to getaway! Baymont Inn is the place I love to stay for my budget. On my last stay here the hotel was so clean and had no issues at all, Except that I left my iPhone behind after checkout. I realized this 30 minutes after I left the hotel. When I called my phone the front desk already had it and said it would be there to pick up. So not only a great hotel with a great price...Also, trustworthy...which in my humble opinion is PRICELESS! Stay here if you want great service and a nice view of the seawall.

Room Tip: Suites have an added couch but pretty much are the same size as other rooms.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5***** for a bargain-WOW WOW thank you for all the fantastic comments, we love our guests, we always treat everyone with a V.I.P title, we hope to see you in the future for your next gettaway. again thank you for choosing us.

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Galveston? Share your experiences!