“Filthy Rooms Hotel Smelled Not Fresh Upon Entrance an Bathroom in Room Was Nasty I Have Lots of Photos I Reported To Management” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Galveston

Save Saved
You added Baymont Inn & Suites Galveston to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Galveston
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2826 63rd Street, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3, Save 20%
Ranked #20 of 49 hotels in Galveston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012 via mobile

Filthy Establishment!! Cheap Price but Rooms are Nasty Mold in Ceilings an Bathroom Disgusting When We Reported it to Management She Got angry Aggressive An Mailed Us a $12 Check For Mold Compensation Dont stay Here Please Run!!!

• Stayed January 2012

605 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Kelowna, BC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012 via mobile

My family of 5 stayed here post cruise. Not impressed. At all. Yuck.

The bathroom had broken fixtures, poor attempts at painting the walls got the coffee maker splattered, the nooks and crannies had dirty "stuff" and 2 of the towels had black hairs on them (and my family is blonde).

The flatscreen tv was mounted 10% or so crooked, how could that be missed.

I can respect a hotel when it is a bit worn out as long as the place is actually clean. This place is worn out AND dirty.

The one nice thing I could say is the front desk did let us in early.

• Stayed March 2012
Beaumont, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

I know this is kind of long but please take the time to read it and save yourself some headache in the future.

I stayed in this hotel on the weekend of Feb. 17 - 19, 2012. We went to Galveston to celebrate our anniversary and our hotel was being paid for by a third party. It was Mardi Gras weekend so I understand things can get a little busy at the hotel, but there was no excuse for the way we were treated. After arriving back at the hotel Friday night after spending it on the Strand, we arrived back to find out there was no parking spots available. Understandable because of the people drawn to Galveston for the weekend. I approached the front desk clerk and he told me that I would have to park in the fire zone forming a line around the side of the building and blocking other guests in. I decided against this because of all the drinking that guests were doing, I did not want my new car to be a sitting target. I ended up parking at a neighboring hotel that had a couple of parking spots left.

After getting up to our room, we decided to get cleaned up before going to bed. After taking a shower it was almost 3:00am. We went to get into bed, and noticed there were two dead spiders on the bed. I looked at the other bed in the room and noticed another bug dead in that bed. I called the front desk and told them about the situation and asked them if they could bring me new linens up to my room. He said he could not give me new linens without me giving him the other ones. So I had to get redressed at this time of night and strip my bed of the linens and noticed the mattress protector was YELLOW with urine spot...in multiple areas. I took all the covers down to the front desk and had to argue with the desk clerk because he could not give the same type of linens I brought him. After 20 minutes of going through each piece of sheeting with him he finally got me all the pieces I needed to remake the bed myself at 3:30 in the morning. The next morning I went down to the front desk and spoke to a lady who was more courteous than the boy from the night before. I explained the situation and she told me that the hotel manager was not going to be in until Monday, but she would try to get in touch with them.

Upon checkout on Sunday I asked the same girl if she got in touch with the manager and she said that she was going go call me on Monday when she got back to work. I told her thank you and left the Baymont.

The manager called me on Monday morning and got rude with me right off the bat. No apology for the way I was treated by her employees and then told me she went through the linens that were on my bed and found no bugs. This is a complete lie because I saw the boy that night throw the sheets on a huge pile of other linens. Then she tells me that she cannot do anything for my inconveinence because I did not pay for the room, a third party did.

Regardless of who paid for the room, I was the guest at the Baymont but I will never stay there again. Rudeness by the staff and more importantly the management will ensure that I let as many people know to avoid this establishment.

Room Tip: Stay Somewhere else
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Wesley Chapel, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012 via mobile

Nothing really exciting at this facility. Average stay, average accomodations. Worked for a one night stay. I do feel the staff need to tighten up on the cleaning and a bit more friendlier. Will I return, probably not, many more options in this area!

• Stayed March 2012
alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

I just recently took a trip with my husband and three of our kids (13yr old twins and a 4 yr old) to Galveston. We stayed in a two room suite. It offered two Queen beds in the main hotel room (just like any other standard hotel room) it featured a TV, dresser, and a small table with two chairs and the two beds. It was roomy but not over the top huge. Thru an attached door was a LARGE bedroom featuring a King bed, with TONS of space to walk around and another flat screen tv, dresser, and a large closet for clothing. This room is not your traditional connecting room, it does not have an outside door, it does have its own window. It was a perfect room for us to put our twins and know that they were not going to be taking a tour of Galveston during the night! There was a balcony off the main room, and the bathroom access is also off the main room. The bathroom was average, but functioning. The beds were good, not the worst I have ever slept on, but not a Westin Dream bed either.

The hotel offers a full breakfast in the morning, and it was good. There was fresh fruit, with no knives sharp enough to cut up apples for smaller kids. Oatmeal, waffles, cold cereal, assorted baking, toast, bagels, coffee, and juices.

I would definitely stay at this resort, I echo some of the other reviewers that signage is not great, and finding this place on a foggy day (which Galveston seems to have a lot of) is not easy. If you decide to go it is directly behind The Golden Corral, which is right on the main road, and has signage.

The staff at this hotel went above and beyond I have nothing but great things to say about them. Each person I came into contact with was friendly, smiling and helpful.

If you are looking for a value hotel for the money, this one definitely does the trick! It is not the ritz, but it certainly functions well, and is comfortable.

Connect with me on facebook at www.facebook.com/AmandaEvansCC

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Argyle, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

Stayed here the night before our cruise so that we'd be relatively close to the Cruise Terminal and could arrive early. Takes maybe 8-10 minutes to get to the cruise parking places from this hotel. It's a decent place to spend the night with average beds/furnishings/bathroom and some nice extras like a microfridge & microwave in the room. There's a small balcony with not much of a view; we didn't use it though. A/C, TV, etc all worked fine. It's easy to drive right by the place as it's tucked in behind a Golden Corral on Seawall Blvd; I found it with my GPS. It's a short walk to the beach if you so choose. Front desk had a line of 5 people when we got there early evening; was kinda slow getting us checked in but friendly. Continental breakfast in the morning is ok with the usual muffins, pastries, coffee, juices, and waffle makers (makes Texas shaped waffles). We paid less than $60 for this stay which is reasonable in my opinion; we plan to stay here again prior to our next cruise!

Room Tip: Rooms facing west have better "views" (east side has parking lot). First floor can be no...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Steinbach, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

When in Galveston. this is one of the best places to stay.
The welcome was warm and friendly and the staff has knowledge of the area that they are glad to share with one.
Check in was quick.
The room was clean. the beds were firm but soft. Even the A/C was quiet enough to use as white noise for the night.
Internet was easy to connect and fast.
The breakfast is very nicely set up so that many people have access to the items and the variety of items was very good.
We will definitely stay here the next time we go to Galveston.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Galveston? Share your experiences!