Went down for the night, checked out a couple of hotels decided we liked the view. Unfortunately I arrived around 1:30pm on a Sunday. WATCH OUT - it's check out time and round um up for the bus to the cruise ships. One lady was at the desk trying to handle all these people trying to check out and get to the boat. I waited my turn and ask to check in - I was told the cost was $109 but wouldn't have a room until after 3pm. She told me she had to get these people checked out and I would have to wait. I waited patiently (while my husband, daughter and her friends sat in the car) for her to help me. After 20 minutes, I decided I would come back after 3. We went back around 4pm and another lady was at the desk and she told us it would be $129 for the same room. Come on people on a Sunday, no body is beating down the doors to check in. How can a room rate go up $20 in a couple of hours? Ahead of me was a gentlemen asking for his room to be cleaned after they had been there 2 days. Later I saw him come down carrying his own garbage! After talking with the lady at the front desk several times she agreed to give us the original quoted rate. We checked in and the room was very nice, large bathroom and great view of the ocean overlooking the pool. It seems like a really nice place - but they appear to be lacking "staff" to accomodate large groups. Everytime I passed the front desk, there was no one there. Maybe it's the off season? Anyway, I wanted to say one more thing - whoever recommended "The Spot" - maybe okay for grownups but not a good atmosphere for kids.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Galveston Beach Hotel Galveston
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Galveston Beach Hotel
- Holiday Inn Galveston
- Galveston Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just steps from the Gulf of Mexico, Galveston Beach Hotel, Galveston's newest beachfront boutique hotel, is located on the Seawall near the Pleasure Pier and East Beach, our property is the perfect escape from the daily grind. Only 200ft from the sandy beach, you are sure to enjoy Captain Jacks Beach Bar, this large palapa-style bar is famous in Galveston and is a favorite of locals and tourists alike. Jacks offers great views of the Gulf of Mexico from 2 sun decks and a dozen ocean view tables. Captain Jacks also offers a full menu with island favorites such as, fresh fish tacos, char grilled burgers and fresh cut fries. Visit Jacks during the summer months for live entertainment from local artists on our own elevated band stage! Free Wi-Fi, a flat screen TV and a mini-refrigerator are featured in all of the temperature-controlled rooms at Galveston Beach Hotel. Most rooms offer fantastic panoramic views of the Gulf of Mexico and public beaches. Our on-site restaurant offers a full breakfast menu to start your day off right. Just minutes from the cruise terminal our property offers great cruise packages including parking and shuttle transportation. Whether you are going to the beach, on a cruise or in Galveston on business, you are sure to have a comfortable stay with memories that last a lifetime. Our property offers; bunk bed suites, private balconies, a magnificent free form pool with a swim up bar and waterfall, a family friendly restaurant, room service, a full gift shop and arcade! You can truly kick off your shoes and relax at the Galveston Beach Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Galveston Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.