“Long weekend getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Galveston Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added Galveston Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Galveston Beach Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1702 Seawall Boulevard, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551 (Formerly Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort Galveston Beach)   |
Ranked #32 of 49 hotels in Galveston
“Long weekend getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

So we ended up getting a great last minute deal for a long weekend thanks to priceline. We got 2 rooms for 2 nights. Staff is very friendly. Room are decent but need some fixing. There was rust on the doors for balconies and paint peeling here and there. All rooms have ocean view and free parking. Convenient location. Pool is small but nice. The beach across the street is a plus. Not that from pleasure pier and you can rent bikes right next door. We had a great time. The next time we come hopefully it will be fixed up.

• Stayed August 2014

79 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I came to Galveston in August 2014 and through a change of circumstances found myself needing to find a place to stay. I was not prepared for this unwanted expense. I had planned on staying with friends. I needed something nice, where I felt safe being alone. When I came in I was greeted by Britney at the front desk. She was very nice and listened to my long explanation and solved my problem within minutes. The rate I was given was affordable AND I HAD A VIEW OF THE OCEAN. I was on my way to salvaging my vacation. Upon arriving in the room I discovered my TV remote was not working properly. Eric came up right away and fixed it. I had a nice conversation with him as well. Both people made me feel very comfortable there.
The hotel itself was nice as well. I loved the pool and the bar area where I could eat. The location was PERFECT as well. I would definately recommend this as a place to stay when coming to Galveston.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
GBHGM, General Manager at Galveston Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you so much for letting everyone know what a great stay you had with us! I am glad you had some excellent interaction with our team! We will let them know! Please come back and see us again!
Spring, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great location and pretty nice place, pool equipped with a swim up bar that also serves food! The staff was very friendly and helpful, The rooms could use a little updating (carpet was a bit worn) but all and all its a very nice place.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
GBHGM, General Manager at Galveston Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you for staying with us! I am really glad you had a good time with us! Come back and see us! The carpet replacement is only a small portion of our renovations starting shortly! Your going to love it! Thanks Again!

Rick G.
Palestine, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel first of all placed false advertizement on website. I asked for the glass I saw on the website NO CAN DO!!! The elevator is still slow and that is where you hear all the other complaints from all!!!:( I took our own beer to the pool,after reading the rules said no glass containers. Did not say can't bring your own beer!!!:( They did have a bar in pool and said TX state law, I guess for US.There was No microwave at all no where in building that is what we where told. The room stunk when we first got there. I was just looking for a fun vaca with my family for a couple days cause that is all we got this year. Working mom and dad very athletic daughters but we will go some where else next time!!!!

Room Tip: Just be careful what you see online and ask lots of questions.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Your comments are very important to us. Thank you for taking the time to post. The elevator situation is resolved at the Hotel as the company was waiting on parts. It was very frustrating for all f us. Please contact me personally regarding your stay as I would like to discuss it in more detail. On another note we begin our transformation next week and are excited about great changes to come!

Sincerely

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I stayed here this past week. Cannot beat the view this hotel has to offer. It is however in great need of updating (which they are starting to undergo.) The carpet in our room was horribly stained/dirty/musty smelling. Little specs of mold growing on the ceiling, and on the artwork hanging in room. I understand this is a beach hotel but the mold is unacceptable. If we do come back to Galveston, I'd love to stay here again- only if the entire place is remodeled.

The longboard bar and pool was great. Good drinks, nice bartenders. However, someone should REALLY be watching what goes on at night in the pool. The other night I walked out onto our balcony and saw a couple having sex off in the corner of the pool! There were children in the water! Absolutely sickening.

3 star recommendation.

Stayed August 2014
Thank you for posting on Trip Advisor

Our hotel begins its total renovation in a week. There are lots of things to do and I insure you that upon your return you wont wont recognize us as the place you stayed on your last visit! We are very excited to be able to get started. Hope we see you in 2015!
Tellico Plains, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The best expirence I have had out of all the places i have ever staied some of the friendlest and most helpful staff i have ever met it almost like being with family members that you realy like the rooms are clean and comferable and they have a realy nice pool to lay out at and the most fun thing of all is the Long Board bar that is conected to the pool they have some of the best bartenders i have met anywere and great food and you get all of this without going off the hotel

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
GBHGM, General Manager at Galveston Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you so much for your response regarding your awesome stay. WE appreciate your loyalty and cant wait to unveil our new product! Hope to see you back soon!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed 8/8-8/11/14. Really enjoyed our Girls weekend out. Despite needing a little updating & only one elevator was working which made for a long wait each time we used it. The rooms were a little muggy till they cooled down but not enough to complain about. The waiter (young guy) that worked in the dining room both mornings was extremely polite and made me want to go and see him and tell him goodbye. The hotel was clean & the pool/bar was awesome & the ocean was right across the street (perfect location). I had to call a few days later re: charges on my card and Brandi in reservations was extremely helpful, polite & called me back as she said she would in timely manner and had hold taken off my card earlier. Thanks and we will defiantly be back. Angie W

Room Tip: We stayed on 2nd floor & facing pool. We loved it!!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review! We appreciate your business and I appreciate you mentioning associates that went beyond for you. Our culture as well as our look is moving forward. I hope you make it a point to come back and visit us!

Rick G

Been to Galveston Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!