“Nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Galveston Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Galveston Beach Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1702 Seawall Boulevard, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551 (Formerly Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort Galveston Beach)   |
Ranked #32 of 49 hotels in Galveston
Spring, Texas
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Great location and pretty nice place, pool equipped with a swim up bar that also serves food! The staff was very friendly and helpful, The rooms could use a little updating (carpet was a bit worn) but all and all its a very nice place.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

77 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Palestine, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The hotel first of all placed false advertizement on website. I asked for the glass I saw on the website NO CAN DO!!! The elevator is still slow and that is where you hear all the other complaints from all!!!:( I took our own beer to the pool,after reading the rules said no glass containers. Did not say can't bring your own beer!!!:( They did have a bar in pool and said TX state law, I guess for US.There was No microwave at all no where in building that is what we where told. The room stunk when we first got there. I was just looking for a fun vaca with my family for a couple days cause that is all we got this year. Working mom and dad very athletic daughters but we will go some where else next time!!!!

Room Tip: Just be careful what you see online and ask lots of questions.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

My husband and I stayed here this past week. Cannot beat the view this hotel has to offer. It is however in great need of updating (which they are starting to undergo.) The carpet in our room was horribly stained/dirty/musty smelling. Little specs of mold growing on the ceiling, and on the artwork hanging in room. I understand this is a beach hotel but the mold is unacceptable. If we do come back to Galveston, I'd love to stay here again- only if the entire place is remodeled.

The longboard bar and pool was great. Good drinks, nice bartenders. However, someone should REALLY be watching what goes on at night in the pool. The other night I walked out onto our balcony and saw a couple having sex off in the corner of the pool! There were children in the water! Absolutely sickening.

3 star recommendation.

Stayed August 2014
Tellico Plains, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The best expirence I have had out of all the places i have ever staied some of the friendlest and most helpful staff i have ever met it almost like being with family members that you realy like the rooms are clean and comferable and they have a realy nice pool to lay out at and the most fun thing of all is the Long Board bar that is conected to the pool they have some of the best bartenders i have met anywere and great food and you get all of this without going off the hotel

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
GBHGM, General Manager at Galveston Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you so much for your response regarding your awesome stay. WE appreciate your loyalty and cant wait to unveil our new product! Hope to see you back soon!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed 8/8-8/11/14. Really enjoyed our Girls weekend out. Despite needing a little updating & only one elevator was working which made for a long wait each time we used it. The rooms were a little muggy till they cooled down but not enough to complain about. The waiter (young guy) that worked in the dining room both mornings was extremely polite and made me want to go and see him and tell him goodbye. The hotel was clean & the pool/bar was awesome & the ocean was right across the street (perfect location). I had to call a few days later re: charges on my card and Brandi in reservations was extremely helpful, polite & called me back as she said she would in timely manner and had hold taken off my card earlier. Thanks and we will defiantly be back. Angie W

Room Tip: We stayed on 2nd floor & facing pool. We loved it!!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review! We appreciate your business and I appreciate you mentioning associates that went beyond for you. Our culture as well as our look is moving forward. I hope you make it a point to come back and visit us!

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hmmm, the hotel does seen to be in transition. One elevator worked so very inconvenient and riding w grumpy guests who have been waiting just like you. Kinda stuffy smelling but it is a beach room which I feel always smells. Good location and pool. Decently nice staff nice view from balcony. Not sure I'd stay again but your choices are kinda limited.

Stayed August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your visit. We appreciate your choosing us and hope that you WILL come back as I can assure you compared to the other hotels in the market, we will be at the top of the list. Renovations start soon and in 2015 you really will have to look twice to see if you are in the same hotel.

Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We booked a room for $125 a night online. We drove 7 hours to get here, and all of the sudden, they want to charge us $350 a night. They would not take responsibility, and said that they would do $250 for the first night, and $350 for the second night. Ended up cancelling everything and going to a Hampton(Amazing place).

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Mr. Jake,

Please contact me here at the Hotel so I might be able to investigate your situation. A reservation confirmed is a reservation confirmed. I look forward to speaking with you.

Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Galveston Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!