“Great Family Place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Galveston Beach Hotel

You added Galveston Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Galveston Beach Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1702 Seawall Boulevard, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551 (Formerly Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort Galveston Beach)   |
Ranked #29 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Houston, Texas
“Great Family Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

WE Have Always Stayed at this hotel, Being A Holiday Inn at one time. We found The Staff To be the same Extra friendly People They have always been. This Hotel has no Brand but it seems They operate Very well without all of that. Don't listen to the Naysayers.

Room Tip: Face the Beach Get up high
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Galveston Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Return guest reviews such as yours are greatly appreciated here at the Galveston Beach Hotel. We are happy to read you think our staff are the same great people they have always been and we hope to be seeing you again soon! Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Topeka, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Stayed October 6-8, 2013. After we made a reservation we got a email stating that the motel was no longer a Holiday Inn, we were a bit concerned of what we might be getting into. We decided with the location and the view we would roll the dice and keep our reservation. We were very happy with the view and the room. We could tell they were working on improvements to the motel. The room was clean and the staff was very helpful. The secure parking outback was very nice. Will stay again.

Room Tip: We had a room on the fourth floor great sunrise view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
We are very happy you decided to stay with us here at the Galveston Beach Hotel and you were very happy with your decision. Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review and for your business. We look forward to your next visit!
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I fell in love with the staff. Wonderful people constantly willing to help. Tommy, the bartender for the restaurant was a fast friend and made my stay feel like coming to visit friends.

I stayed in 419 which is right above the pool and Captain Jacks bar. It was great! On Saturday night, I opened my balcony door and listened to the band. It was a great band as well!

I plan on booking this hotel again when I come back!

Room Tip: If your wanting to enjoy the pool area and listen to the live band, stay above that area. If you are...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Galveston Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
We are happy you fell in love with our staff and hotel here at the Galveston Beach Hotel. We will be sure and let Tommy know your kind words about him. Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review and we look forward to your next visit.
Katy, Texas, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Quite clean and very near to the beach. We have barbecue and camping in the beach and just walking distance from the hotel. The hotel stuff is friendly and we do have a wonderful trip with my family. Like it !

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Galveston Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
We are happy to read you had a wonderful trip with your family here at our hotel the Galveston Beach Hotel. Thank you for such a nice review and we look forward to your next visit.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I booked a room through booking.com. We stayed for 2 nights. It took us 45 min to figure out that it was actually the hotel with the big Holiday Inn Sign, because they had failed to change the sign to Galveston Beach Hotel... Actually they have not done much with the place during the transition accept for down sizing customer service! I had smoked outside by the pool and uses a cup to dispose of my ashes, I carried the cup inside which I had already stacked a few other cups in it and through it in the trash in my room not thinking anything of it... A hour after checkout, my banking account was charged 100.00 and then a week later it was charged $50.00 then $15.00 them $10.00 all different transactions in the same day... When I had checked in my room was 49.00 a night on a special.. And they charged me 75.00 each night, $25 of that was suppose to be refunded at check out... When I asked about the charges they were very rude and just kept saying we are no longer the holiday inn and I just said good because I didn't think I booked at the holiday inn... I even had one girl walk off as I was asking her for more towels... I also received many comments about the rate I was paying and how low it was and that would be changed with booking.com immediately. It was clearly printed on my conformation email that I had a late check out included at 2pm.. And they argued that with me.. Again saying they were not the holiday inn... When I called to ask about the extra charges I was told they found a cup with ashes in my room ( a cup that was in the trash with other cups stacked in side) and because of that I was charged 250.00 for smoking in the room.( Which never happened) So not only do they have terrible musky smelling old rooms, they snoop through your trash trying to add on extra charges and there staff are the most unprofessional and completely none accommodating hotel staff!!! I would stay at hotel 6 before I stayed here again (rooms are cleaner) but immediately after checking out because of their rudeness, we checked in at Palm Beach Hotel the rooms were just as nice, the location was great... And the staff was friendly and eager to help!

• Stayed September 2013
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Galveston Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Our pricing is in line with similar properties in this area and we feel that we offer good value given our central location and extensive facilities. However, in your case it appears we failed to meet expectations, and for that I am truly sorry.”The problems you mentioned were brought to the attention of our management staff and have been addressed. While the lack of service you experienced is unusual and not the standard of our hotel, there is no excuse for an attitude on the part of any of our employees. We are sorry for the inconvenience and annoyance this incident caused.
Katy, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed here Aug 13- a Tuesday. My boyfriend and I had a bad experience at this hotel and it was definitely not worth the $200/night.

The drain in our bath/shower was clogged and slow to drain, the coffee maker didn't work (and was FILTHY inside), the wifi didn't work in our room at any point during our stay, and our TV was not working correctly.

They have a Holiday Inn guarantee plaque in the bathroom which says that if any part of the stay was unsatisfactory guests didn't have to pay for it. However when we tried to call the front office- not at weird hours mind you, at 5PM and again at 8 and 9 PM, we never got through.

When we told the front desk at check out how we were not pleased with our stay they said there was nothing they could do because we booked through Kayak/Expedia. When we called Expedia/kayak they didn't do anything either.

Avoid this hotel and Expedia.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to discuss the disappointment you experienced during your stay at our hotel. Your feedback is essential to our future success! Problems can always arise, but our goal is to have them addressed promptly by staff members so our guests are not inconvenienced. I regret that the hotel did not meet your expectations. We are in the process of evaluating opportunities for improvement and appreciate your input!
Roanoke, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

The View was great and the bed was comfortable! Hotel is the Holiday Inn Sunspree but also goes by the name Galveston Beach Hotel! Our room was on the 3rd floor across from the beach bar Captain Jacks! We were there on a Saturday night and there was a live band that was very loud and we had a hard time hearing our tv over the loud reggae music coming from the bar!
Another problem we had was our balcony did not have any chairs-all other balconies had chairs! We asked the front desk for our chairs after we checked in -no Chairs and again the next morning we asked again and NEVER got any chairs!!! Make sure you have chairs!!!! Also there was not any tissues!
View and location is great! Pool is beautiful!

Room Tip: Stay away from the beach bar!!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Galveston Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for providing us with feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry about the chairs on the balcony. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort

Been to Galveston Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!