My son in law and I arrived at the Holiday Inn Sunday afternoon 21st April after a long ride on our Harleys from Corpus Christi.
As we arrived music was coming from the Bamboo Thatched unit in front of the hotel by the pool and everyone was having a great time. The pool was cold because of a cold wind, but we checked in to a room on the 4th Floor overlooking the sea with a balcony it was first class. The Room was clean and well cared for as was the hotel in general and the staff were very good on local knowledge. We did some walking along the sea front and decided to dine in the hotel as we were both tired. The restaurant has an Hawaiian theme and all looked good from the menu. I ordered the Fruit Kabob which promised 3 different fruits and a yoghurt dip, for main course I ordered the special BBQ Mahi Mahi and two sides of vegetables and my son in law ordered the coconut Shrimp dip and for main he ordered Hawaiian Chicken with pineapple and two sides. However when my starter arrived it was melon, melon and melon and no yoghurt dip, the server did not mention at the time that the dip was missing and it was only when asked she said it was not available. Also on the 3 types of fruit on the Kabob she said that melon was all they had. We had a couple of glasses of wine with our meal and at $7 a glass for Chardonnay and Merlot from a small bottle it was not the cost effective way to have wine. When the main course arrived my two sides of vegetables turned out to be two lots of French or green beans nothing else.
Again I asked our server what was going on and she said the chef had not liked the way the carrots had turned out so I did not have these with my beans but got a double helping of beans. Although okay there is really a limit to the number of French beans one can eat. My son in laws Hawaiian Chicken had two lots of rice as his two side dishes.
All in all not a really good way to spend an evening in Galveston prior to leaving this morning.
I can recommend the hotel, the staff and the location but not the restaurant although we were given a small credit on our meal this morning on check out.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Galveston Beach Hotel
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Galveston Beach Hotel Galveston
- Holiday Inn Galveston
- Galveston Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just steps from the Gulf of Mexico, Galveston Beach Hotel, Galveston's newest beachfront boutique hotel, is located on the Seawall near the Pleasure Pier and East Beach, our property is the perfect escape from the daily grind. Only 200ft from the sandy beach, you are sure to enjoy Captain Jacks Beach Bar, this large palapa-style bar is famous in Galveston and is a favorite of locals and tourists alike. Jacks offers great views of the Gulf of Mexico from 2 sun decks and a dozen ocean view tables. Captain Jacks also offers a full menu with island favorites such as, fresh fish tacos, char grilled burgers and fresh cut fries. Visit Jacks during the summer months for live entertainment from local artists on our own elevated band stage! Free Wi-Fi, a flat screen TV and a mini-refrigerator are featured in all of the temperature-controlled rooms at Galveston Beach Hotel. Most rooms offer fantastic panoramic views of the Gulf of Mexico and public beaches. Our on-site restaurant offers a full breakfast menu to start your day off right. Just minutes from the cruise terminal our property offers great cruise packages including parking and shuttle transportation. Whether you are going to the beach, on a cruise or in Galveston on business, you are sure to have a comfortable stay with memories that last a lifetime. Our property offers; bunk bed suites, private balconies, a magnificent free form pool with a swim up bar and waterfall, a family friendly restaurant, room service, a full gift shop and arcade! You can truly kick off your shoes and relax at the Galveston Beach Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Otel so you can book your Galveston Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.