First, let me say that I stayed at the hotel on April 6th for one night. My wife and I had been a previous guest. The hotel is in a great location on Seawall Blvd and has adequate and secure parking. Malcolm at the front desk was very courteous and helpful during our stay.
I am a Platinum Club Member and was greeted and treated as such upon my arrival and during my stay. We were in room 217. I requested a higher floor to get a better view of the Gulf of Mexico, but this was the best available room. The room was at near the bar and pool area, and we were told in advance that the band is pretty loud, but will stop playing at 10 PM. Malcolm said that if the music was too loud just let him know and he would contact the bar. That night (a Saturday night by the way), the music ended by 10PM and noise was not a problem.
The rooms are dated, but clean. If you must have a more modern room, may I suggest the other Holiday inn property up the road on Seawall Blvd. It is much nicer, however, it is more expensive. If you are looking for a hotel to spend the weekend and not a fortune, I would recommend this property. It is clean and comfortable.
We did not utilize the pool or the restaurant on property. It is a half block from Miller's Seawall Diner which I highly recommend for breakfast and other meals as well. Great food. The hotel is directly across the street from the beach. I also understand that if you are taking a cruise ship and spend the night at this hotel, they will allow you to leave your car on their fenced in parking lot. Just check with the hotel prior to booking to verify.
Not the fanciest hotel, but decent. I would stay again, and if you are using Priority Club points, it only cost me15,000 points for a one night stay.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Galveston Beach Hotel
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Galveston Beach Hotel Galveston
- Holiday Inn Galveston
- Galveston Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just steps from the Gulf of Mexico, Galveston Beach Hotel, Galveston's newest beachfront boutique hotel, is located on the Seawall near the Pleasure Pier and East Beach, our property is the perfect escape from the daily grind. Only 200ft from the sandy beach, you are sure to enjoy Captain Jacks Beach Bar, this large palapa-style bar is famous in Galveston and is a favorite of locals and tourists alike. Jacks offers great views of the Gulf of Mexico from 2 sun decks and a dozen ocean view tables. Captain Jacks also offers a full menu with island favorites such as, fresh fish tacos, char grilled burgers and fresh cut fries. Visit Jacks during the summer months for live entertainment from local artists on our own elevated band stage! Free Wi-Fi, a flat screen TV and a mini-refrigerator are featured in all of the temperature-controlled rooms at Galveston Beach Hotel. Most rooms offer fantastic panoramic views of the Gulf of Mexico and public beaches. Our on-site restaurant offers a full breakfast menu to start your day off right. Just minutes from the cruise terminal our property offers great cruise packages including parking and shuttle transportation. Whether you are going to the beach, on a cruise or in Galveston on business, you are sure to have a comfortable stay with memories that last a lifetime. Our property offers; bunk bed suites, private balconies, a magnificent free form pool with a swim up bar and waterfall, a family friendly restaurant, room service, a full gift shop and arcade! You can truly kick off your shoes and relax at the Galveston Beach Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Galveston Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.