A balcony looking out to the Gulf was our goal and this hotel was great for that. The hotel clerk managed to upgrade us to the top floor (for the same price) when we said, yes, we did mind noise. Now we know why. The outside bar by the pool on the east end of the building emitted a thumping bass sound that could shake the room. Thank goodness we were at the top and the "music" did stop around 11 p.m. The room was spacious and had a refrigerator but did not seem worth the higher price compared to other hotels along the beach. Once there we saw that many hotels had balconies but had not bothered to advertise them. We may try a cheaper one next time and then be in a better position to compare. It did have good secure parking in the back and had a lovely pool. I prefer a softer bed but this was OK.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Galveston Beach Hotel Galveston
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Galveston Beach Hotel
- Holiday Inn Galveston
- Galveston Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just steps from the Gulf of Mexico, Galveston Beach Hotel, Galveston's newest beachfront boutique hotel, is located on the Seawall near the Pleasure Pier and East Beach, our property is the perfect escape from the daily grind. Only 200ft from the sandy beach, you are sure to enjoy Captain Jacks Beach Bar, this large palapa-style bar is famous in Galveston and is a favorite of locals and tourists alike. Jacks offers great views of the Gulf of Mexico from 2 sun decks and a dozen ocean view tables. Captain Jacks also offers a full menu with island favorites such as, fresh fish tacos, char grilled burgers and fresh cut fries. Visit Jacks during the summer months for live entertainment from local artists on our own elevated band stage! Free Wi-Fi, a flat screen TV and a mini-refrigerator are featured in all of the temperature-controlled rooms at Galveston Beach Hotel. Most rooms offer fantastic panoramic views of the Gulf of Mexico and public beaches. Our on-site restaurant offers a full breakfast menu to start your day off right. Just minutes from the cruise terminal our property offers great cruise packages including parking and shuttle transportation. Whether you are going to the beach, on a cruise or in Galveston on business, you are sure to have a comfortable stay with memories that last a lifetime. Our property offers; bunk bed suites, private balconies, a magnificent free form pool with a swim up bar and waterfall, a family friendly restaurant, room service, a full gift shop and arcade! You can truly kick off your shoes and relax at the Galveston Beach Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Galveston Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.