“Great and affordable.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Galveston

You added Quality Inn & Suites Galveston to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites Galveston
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5924 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Saint Cloud
“Great and affordable.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Spent 5 days in March at this property. We were very impressed. The rooms were clean, beds were ok. Overall the property was well maintained. The staff, at all levels from the front desk to house keeping we amazing. They were friendly helpful, and knowledgeable. Some of the best service I have seen in along time. The Breakfast was your usual Quality Inn fare, but its was well stocked, organized and the area was clean. We will certainly go back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

I booked my room online and saw that most guest gave it a rate of 4 out of 5. That was far from accurate. My check in went smoothly. As soon as I got on the elevator, I was overcome with the smell of sewage and vomit. The hallways smelt better. I booked a room with 2 queen beds...I was given 2 full beds. The restroom was NOT clean. There was a bottle of bodywash in our tub left from the previous guest covered with their hair...EEEWW. The toilet rim was black with mildew. When we asked for more towels, we were told we had to bring our dirty ones down to the front desk before we could receive clean ones. I have never heard of such a thing. The breakfast was the only good thing about this hotel. Never again will I stay at the Quality Inn @ Galveston, TX.

• Stayed March 2014
Journeyman1234, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Galveston, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
I am sorry you were unhappy with your stay, I wish you had told us when you were here that you had issues. I am in the elevators daily, and unless some had actually just done something in the elevator, they were not a problem. There is no way you could have gotten a room with (2) double beds, because all we have are queens, and they are the extra longs. Again I am very sorry you had problems. The towel exchange is necessary because during Spring Break people take the towels to the beach and leave them, or wrap their wet shoes and bathing suits in them and take them home, so we end up giving out 10-12 rooms per room and many get taken. Our hotel, like all of the hotels in Galveston, spend tremendous amounts on linen replacements due to theft. If you were to call me I might be able to make some kind of accommodation...as we would have done if we had known of your issues while here.

Best Regards,
James Marx, GM
Enid, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

The hotel was very clean, nice pool and location. We accidentally left our room key in the pool area and asked a gentlemen that was working in the laundry area if he could let us in to get it, not only did he but we had forgotten our towels and he went and got our family some without us even asking for them, however we called to the front desk to get more shampoo/condition ( we had left ours at previous hotel and hadn't made it to the store yet) and the lady said she would try to get some to us, but never showed up with it but there was a walmart and walgreens as well as several other store very close by so my husband just ran and picked us up some. I do feel like the price was a little high, only because we stayed in planet Hollywood in Vegas which was quite a bit more elegant and it was less. Overall I would definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed March 2014
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

We stayed overnight on March 17. Perhaps the St. Patrick's day holiday had something to do with our unpleasant stay. First with the positives: Check-in and out was easy, and the staff was courteous. The room was spacious enough for four of us, and it was clean. Breakfast was decent.
There are a few minor things that could easily be remedied: the tissue box was empty, the door to the patio did not stay closed unless it was locked, and there was only one plastic cup even though there were 4 of us staying in the room. Also, the vending machine did not have bottled water, just soda. The beds were extremely soft.
The walls are very thin. We could hear every sound on the other side of the walls, and above us it sounded like people were bouncing around until midnight.
The reason I would not stay at this hotel again is the location, which other people seem to think is a positive. It is located on the corner of 61st and Seawall, directly behind McDonald's and Popeye's. Our room faced the McDonald's with bright lights from their parking lot shining directly into our room. The noise from the street, especially the cars taking off from the red light at the intersection was so loud that it sounded like there was no glass in the window. Not only that, but a trash truck came by around 3:00 a.m. to empty the dumpsters in one of the nearby parking lots.
In a different location, I may have stayed at the hotel again because of the value; unfortunately, I will be looking for a quieter spot next time.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Journeyman1234, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Galveston, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
I am sorry you didn't like the location, and that the other guests may have been noisy. We do not get many comments like this, but this is Spring Break at the beach, and there is not a noisier time of the year to come to the island. Just about everyone in the hotel has teenagers and small children. Perhaps a different time of the year would yield better results. We can not be responsible for road noises any more than any other hotel, and anyone on the seawall, which is where we and the beach are, is going to have these issues. Best Regards,
James Marx, GM
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I researched Trip Advisor before I booked my hotel for a quick trip to Galveston. When traveling with my daughter and her friends, I wanted easy beach access, free wifi, and free breakfast. Quality Inn had all of those things. We arrived very early, about 11:30 AM, and the front desk lady said they had a first floor room available immediately, but she warned there would be no beach view. The girls just wanted to get in a room, so we accepted the offer. The room was right next to the front desk, and close to the elevator, so I knew there would be a little extra noise.

The view from our room was of the parking lot, but if I looked a little to the left, I could see the ocean. The room had two good sized beds, a table and two chairs, a new flat screen TV, a small refrigerator, a microwave, closet, and plenty of room for the 4 of us. One thing that impressed me was that they had Direct TV at the hotel. I don't spend a lot of time in my hotel rooms, but when I am there, I like to chill out with the television. So many hotels offer explanations as to why they get so few channels, etc, but this was nice-even some movie channels included. The bathroom was decent sized, with the sink, toilet and shower/bath all in the room together.

We did enjoy the free breakfast the next morning. I liked that there were three "stations" of breakfast food-everything was not crammed together. There were biscuits and gravy, make your own waffles, yogurt, fresh fruit, danishes, a few kinds of cereal, oatmeal, coffee, juices, milk, a really good variety. When I got syrup, I could tell they were almost out in the containers. I got some and sat down. As I looked around, the worker, Roxanne, I believe was her name, had already brought out fresh jars of syrup. She was certainly on top of things in the breakfast room. Another big plus, there was plenty of room to sit. So many hotels have small breakfast areas, but this one had probably 10 tables or more, and there were other chairs and couches nearby in the lobby area. The food was hot and tasty. A great way to start the day.

The location of this hotel is great. It is very centrally located, with lots of restaurant locations close by or just a short drive. The beach was just a short walk to the crosswalk, then you were on the beach. The hotel pool was indoors and fairly small. There was no jacuzzi. The ocean was cold, so the girls were looking forward to jumping in the pool. The water was not as warm as they would have liked, and because it was spring break, there were a ton of kids in the pool. Though I had hoped the pool would be a good alternative to the beach, the girls only stayed at the pool about 5 minutes.

The hotel staff was great during our trip as well. The manager was cleaning up some around the front desk when I complimented his breakfast room. The ladies at the front desk did a great job of recommending close restaurants, getting us items we had left at home, and definitely getting us a room LONG before check in time. I would certainly book a room here again.

Room Tip: I hear the upper floors have a good ocean view.