This is a 5 story hotel across from the beach but on a busy corner so when you are sitting on the balcony or leaving the door open, it can be a little noisy. But they must have soundproofed the rooms because when you shut the balcony door, you can't hear anything....except for maybe a police siren. We had adjoining rooms and my kids had the tv on....I couldn't even hear the tv, much less their noisiness and we only had one of the adjoining doors shut. Beds were very comfortable and the room itself was VERY clean and roomy. But I didn't give it 5 stars because there is only ONE small and very slow elevator for the whole hotel. Because we were on the 5th floor, climbing up and down the stairs with luggage was out of the question but the elevator was so slow, we were tempted to do it. Breakfast area was very large and continental breakfast was fine but there's a IHOP next door and a Waffle House across the street if you want more of a breakfast. The other thing we didn't like was a chemical smell in the hallways....obviously some kind of cleaning thing but the rooms don't smell like that at all...it's only in the hallways....strange.
We were there during Mardi Gras weekend and while all the other hotels were overpriced, the Quality Inn and Suites remained reasonably priced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Award Winning Quality Inn & Suites™ Beachfront hotel Galveston, TX located on the Seawall, adjacent to miles of sandy beaches and offers beautiful views of the Gulf of Mexico from our guest room balconies. Newly Installed State of the Art Dual Band WiFi System with a fast 100/20 three ISP Broadband Connection. This hotel is a Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence Award Winner 2014 - 2011 and is just minutes from the great area attractions, such as the new Pleasure Pier with its amusement rides, Moody Gardens, the historic Grand 1894 Opera House, Schlitterbahn Water Park, the Elissa sailing ship, the Strand National Historic Landmark District, 61st Fishing Pier, the Cruise Ship docks, and many restaurants overlooking the Gulf, recreational sailing, fishing and numerous amusement rides. The hotel is also located very close to the Galveston Convention Center. Full-service features and amenities include:• Free high-speed Internet access• Free deluxe continental breakfast• Free coffee in the lobby• Free local calls Guests are invited to take advantage of the exercise room, indoor heated pool. This Galveston, TX hotel offers business travelers access to fax services and competitive corporate rates.All spacious guest rooms have large private balconies with seating, coffee makers, hair dryers, safes, microwaves, mini refrigerators, desks, tables and chairs. Almost every room offers spectacular ocean views. Executive king suites also boast sofa sleepers. Coin-operated laundry facilities are located on the premises for guest convenience.Whether traveling for business or pleasure, the Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront hotel is the perfect place to stay when visiting the Galveston, Texas area. Our friendly staff looks forward to seeing you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Venere, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Galveston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn & Suites Galveston Hotel Galveston
- Quality Inn And Suites Galveston
- Quality Inn Hotel Galveston
- Quality Inn Galveston
- Galveston Quality Inn