“Out of Sight” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Galveston

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn & Suites Galveston to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites Galveston
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5924 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Leander, Texas
“Out of Sight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My wife and I go to Galveston twice a year at least and we have tried most all the hotel/motels there. When we tried this one we were blown away by the service, the staff, the free breakfast (to die for),the room and everything else. The first time was in Feb. and it was cold but the indoor pool was sooooo nice. Our room (#520) was the best. Great view from two windows and the balcony. So when we went back this time we decided to stay here again and again it was through the roof in every way. Your staff are so friendly from the second you walk in the door. They greet you like you are old friends and it just makes you feel great. This time we had room 318 and still the view from the balcony was wonderful. We have decided to make this our place to stay from now on. Thanks for everything. Rick and Martha Messinger

Room Tip: Just stay here. You can not go wrong.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Columbus, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed there this past Thursday and I was surprised that it was better than I expected. I did not like the parking lot but at least it was free to park. The bed was comfortable, though it seemed to be too much furniture in the room. The house cleaning could be better because it seems that every towel that I picked up had a piece of hair on it. The view from the balcony made up for all that I did not like. The breakfast area is nice and it included basics such as cereal, juice, sausage, and coffee. Overall, I would probably stay here again, especially since the hotel offers good prices for the rooms.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Excelsior, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I liked this hotel. It was in a great location, right across the road from the beach. The rooms were nice. I especially like the fact there was a fridge (also a microwave). I thought parking would be tough but it was fine. I didn't get a chance to use the indoor pool and the exercise room seemed small. There was protein and some fruit on the breakfast. I used the laundry $1 for washer and $1 for dryer. It seemed really expensive tho, because of the event happening.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Added a night in Galveston to a Houston convention week. Selected this inn on price and location. It iadvertizes itself as the best Seawall value and to my knowledge it is indeed a value. Inn is on the seawall and views from the small decks off of each room are great over looking Gulf and Galveston Seawall. Room was typical quality for this level of hotel with some signs of use and expected beachfront salt water corrosion in spots. Very convenient just off of end of I-45 thoroughfare to Houston. It is walking distance from several good restaurants, shops and a great place to base a Galveston visit.

Staff is very freindly and helpful. Seemed more like a residence type environment than a hotel. People seemed very comfortable with the place. Hotel seemed to be a favorite for both economy minded business people (evident in the morning as business dressed people left early) and older people using this as an extended stay base for an escape from northern weather. Enjoyed a brief chat with some of those folks lounging outside near the laundry and pool. Breakfast was above average for this type of accomodation.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper level room near the front for a fantastic view of the Gulf.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Buffalo, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed at this hotel over the biker weekend. The hotel was in a good location away from the downtown area, but easy access from the freeway and near many resturants and shopping areas. The beach across the street was poor at best. I understand that the hurricane from a few years ago did a number on the beach. The rooms were simple and clean. Breakfast area was clean. The real plus to this hotel is the staff. Melanie was outstanding. She did everything. Everybody from the front desk, to housekeeping were very helpful and pleasant. I would stay here again if the price was right.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

This hotel lacks amenities but, for the price, it was a great stay. The staff was very helpful, friendly and courteous. Our room was clean and comfortable as was the breakfast area. However, the hallways and elevator could be cleaner and the elevators were noisy and old. I used the stairs but being on the 5th floor, we used the elevator at times (luggage and bikes to room). The location is convenient to the seawall and 61st Street Pier. We had a nice view of the Gulf from our room. I would stay here again, but only for a bargain price.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Katy, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed here in room #111 October 18, 2012. I booked this hotel partly for the price ($57 on a Thursday), but also because I like to watch the sunrise over the Gulf in the morning. This hotel is not "on the beach". It is behind Tortuga restaurant's parking lot, well off the seawall. The "partial Gulf view" is shown on the photo attached. If you sit in the very corner of the balcony, you can just make out the water. King rooms are only on the first floor, so if you want a better vantage point, you must book a double bed room. The hotel itself is very clean, and the staff very friendly. The bed, however, made for a long night and a backache in the morning. Another caveat; this area is heavily travelled by the Island's colorful homeless population, so be prepared to deal with panhandlers on the seawall if catching the sunrise. When I initially parked my car in the lot behind the hotel, I stepped out into a pile of glass where someone had broken out a car window. Not comforting.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Journeyman1234, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Galveston, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
I am glad you posted a review, by doing so you give us our most useful way to improve...from hearing what actual guests feel about the property. However, I would like to clarify a couple of items: 1) No hotel in Galveston is on the beach, and we make no claims that we are, 2) we have rooms with king beds throughout the property, though there may not have been any available on the day you checked in...we are a very busy property, and in the winter everyone wants rooms with a single king bed. I apologize for not being able to get you one in a different part of the hotel. 3) we advertise partial beach views, because that is what they are. We have many guest that love the views and come frequently. 4) Our rooms start on the 2nd floor and Tortuga's is a one story property, so only the rooms on the 1st level have an obstructed view. All of the other floors have nice reviews. lastly, the balconies face east and west, so all of thee rooms have either a sunrise, or sunset view, depending on what side of the hotel you are on. We do appreciate this review, and I would love to have you back. If you decide to come back, I will give you a discounted rate, and I'll make an effort to get you on an upper floor. We never want anyone to leave feeling we didn't take care of them, and I would love a second chance to prove it. Best regards, James Marx
James

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Galveston? Share your experiences!