“Best hotel deal on the island!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Galveston

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn & Suites Galveston to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites Galveston
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5924 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 49 hotels in Galveston
Spring, Texas
“Best hotel deal on the island!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

We were absolutely thrilled with this hotel. The staff was very friendly. Every room has an unobstructed beach view balcony. I just can't say enough good things about our experience. We stayed in 513 which is the 3rd from the rear of the hotel on the 5th floor. We could see and hear the ocean on our private balcony. When they say "partial ocean view", it's a bit of a fib, because all you see is the ocean. No joke. The balconoies are also constructed so that you don't see or hear any of your neighbors.

Kroger is walking distance, as are McDonald's, Popeye's, and a convenience store. We never heard any of our neighbors the entire time. Parking was ample and convenient. The a/c worked very well, and the room had its own fridge which worked well also. We had the king bed with the pull out sofa bed, and our family of 4 was very comfortable. We didn't feel cramped at all. The entire hotel was freshly painted and not in need of updating. We stayed at the Best Western next door 2 years previously, and liked the Quality Inn much better.

If you like Galveston, you'll absolutely love this hotel. We will definitely stay here again.

It's difficult for me to think of any negatives, but just to "keep it real" so this doesn't sound like a staff member writing this:
The flat screen HD tv's are using low def cable, so the picture is not very good. But to be honest, who goes to Galveston to watch tv in a hotel, right?

There are a lot of seagulls, as I'm sure there are at every hotel.

There was only one high chair in the breakfast area. We have a toddler and an infant. The 2nd morning that we were there, the high chair was already taken. No biggie, because our daughter just sat in my lap.

We did our homework with hotels before we took this trip. We read the reviews, and we found that this hotel had the most positive reviews and the least "deal breaker" negative reviews. We stayed here in March 2012 the week after spring break, and our rate was only $59/nt.

Room Tip: You can see the sunrise unobstructed, over the water from the odd numbered rooms.

493 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Houston, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

My wife and I stayed for a night on a weekend getaway. We were trying to keep costs low and this hotel seemed to fit the bill. We were greeted by Melanie, a manager, who did an excellent job answering all of our touristy questions and helping us get settled in (even though we showed up early). The room was clean and comfortable. There was a small refrigerator to keep our leftovers in and the view was quite nice, even though it was only a partial view from the 3rd floor. I would definitely recommend this to friends and family. The best part was the reasonable price and good location.

Only downside I can think of is the square pillows. If you're a big pillow person, I recommend bringing your own.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Denham Springs, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Check in is technically at 3pm, but I arrived in Galveston a few hours earlier than expected. The front desk staff allowed me to check in right away. I couldn't get an adjoining room with the party I was meeting, but the staff rearranged some things to put us side by side. I was treated like family the four days I was there. Melanie was very attentive and sweet as pie. No doubt I will be staying here the next time I visit the island. It's centrally located on Seawall Blvd and it's within walking distance of just about everything. You cannot beat the price either! Thank you so much for making my stay so enjoyable!

Room Tip: The elevators are a little slow, so you may want to try for 1st floor arrangements
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Decatur, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Booked here after reading the great reviews for a vacation for my 13 yr old and myself. What a disappointment! Elevators (2) were extremely slow! Spoke in advance to hoterl staff to ensure no mold/previous storm damage as my son has severe asthma - told no, booked non-smoking - room had an extreme stale stench throughout our stay, even after spraying Febreze heavily the smell would return! Stayed for 4 nights and room was serviced after requesting - beds made with 1 of the bedspreads having a huge black grease mark on it; no restocking the room with coffee - had to go to front desk to receive AND room was NOT vacuumed each day leaving hair on the bathroom tile floor and in the sink! Not even sure if the sheets were changed each day as they were wrinkled on 2 of the days as if the bed was just made?? The price included a continental breakfast - the syrup containers were near empty and when hotel staff was asked for additional syrup by my teen "Melanie" did nothing but state that "there should be some on the tables" even after being told that they were empty! Our keys quit working and had to be reprogramed, the internet quit working and the staff expected us to call their internet provider to resolve! When asked for a copy of receipt it was refused since I had booked online through US Airways who uses the services of others (Total Security Solutions, Travelnow.com, Travelscape who is associated with Expedia) - I wanted the receipt to show the rate that had been paid for each day since when I added another nights stay Quality Inns staff told me they could add the nights stay but not at the same rate I had paid for the first 3 nights - to get that I would have to go through who I had used. I asked what rate per night through them, was told $134.95 which I told them that was the same rate I had paid per night - Quality Inn then told me that no, I had paid $109.76 per night - this is the receipt I wanted a copy of - REFUSED by Quality Inn!!! Really enjoyed Galveston BUT will not stay here on our next trip!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Journeyman1234, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Galveston, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Hi Darla: I do not know what room you stayed in, but we take your comments very seriously. If you would like to speak to me, please call the hotel and ask for James. All I can say is we are sorry. The situation with the rates and showing you what you paid, is caused by restrictions in contracts between all hotels and online websites like Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, etc., that restricted disclosure of the rates guests pay. You get a receipt directly from these companies when making the reservation, and then they give us their credit card to pay the room. We have no idea what rate you paid them, but they do not pay us the same rate, because they make their money on margin between the two. The only receipt we are able to give you is a blank one with no rates. This is true of ALL hotels. As for the elevators, they seem slow because they are in constant use. There are 2, but most people use the main one, and this was during Spring Break, so the hotel was packed with kids. I hope you will give me a call, as I would love to discuss this with you further. We want happy customers. Best regards, James Marx, GM
Austin, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Our family had a great stay at this hotel but we came home and found out that the bed had lice and infected all of us. We were able to treat it but what a pain and unnecessary worry. Other than that, there were no other issues - breakfast was good, location was great, service was good.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012 via mobile

Me and my fiance' came here for our 2 year anniversary. We made reservations online over a month before. Because we booked early we got a fantastic rate for a king suite with jacuzzi in room. (I must tell you, though, that the description of the room does not say jacuzzi, you just have to find the pictures of the king suites and make sure it has a jacuzzi. I think another has a couch or something.) Check in was at 4pm. We arrived at about 3:50pm and checked in and the housekeeper had just finished cleaning our room. No problems at all with waiting for a room. They put us on the 5th floor, which like other reviewers said, the higher the better for views. We have a huge room, a very nice sized balcony with a great view, everything is clean, huge tv, desk, table, 2 chairs and tiny table on the private balcony. Also, even though we have a jacuzzi in room, the bathroom still has a shower/tub. Other ammenities are: coffee pot and coffee in room, refrigerator and microwave. The bathroom also has a blow dryer, ladies! I packed mine just in case. The location is great, the staff is friendly and we will definitely be coming back next year for our 3rd year anniversary and staying in the same room.. 507!!

• Stayed March 2012

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Galveston? Share your experiences!