We stopped here for one night on our way home to Tennessee from a week in San Antonio. The value was great (only $100 for 4, 2 people in a bedroom and 2 people on a pull out couch). There was a full kitchen (fridge, microwave, dishwasher, and 2 burners). Also, there is access to a washer and dryer. The décor was modern and pleasant. The room appeared clean. Many rooms have a view of the ocean. The hotel is located on a quiet, spacious beach (as previous reviewers said, this is ON the beach, unlike almost every other hotel in the town). There are lots of shells washed up on the beach so it would be a great place to bring kids.
We really enjoyed the outdoor pool and hot tub. The pool was modern and well kept. The hot tub was connected to the edge of the pool for easy access to move back and forth between the two.
The only negative thing about our stay was that in the room, several of the light bulbs in the lamps were burned out and there aren’t any overhead lights. Also to be forewarned, this is more of a condo type stay, so don’t expect a maid and fresh towels each day (you can pay extra for this). Overall, I would recommend the Escapes hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacular, unobstructed views of sparkling turquoise waters from your private villa balcony are waiting for you at Galveston on the Gulf. Located on a Texas barrier island in the Gulf of Mexico, Galveston offers miles of beautiful, unspoiled beaches and a quiet location away from all the activity found further down the island.The tropical setting and relaxing atmosphere of the resort invites blissful relaxation for you and your family. Enjoy time together lounging by the oceanfront pool deck featuring a generous hot tub and heated infinity-edge pool that seems to stretch to the ocean. For the younger set, there’s a kiddie pool and of course, plenty of sandy beach and warm Gulf waters on your doorstep in which to play! And right next door is a public beachfront pavilion with facilities on an educational wetlands preserve.About 15 miles up the coast of the island you’ll find Postoffice Street in the Historic District, home to many tree-lined art galleries, coffee shops and over two-dozen historical buildings. Additionally, Gallery Row features antiques, collectibles and fine art, while Stand Avenue offers plenty of shopping, boutiques, festivals and nightlife. Great dining options can be found along the shore as well as downtown.With a wonderfully relaxing atmosphere, as well as a downtown historic district famous for its lovely 19th-century Victorian architecture, great restaurants and family attractions, there are plenty of reasons that make Galveston a popular family vacation destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Escapes! To The Gulf At Galveston Hotel Galveston
- Escapes To The Gulf Galveston
- Escapes Galveston