We stayed here from Thursday 8/7 until Saturday 8/9. Really enjoyed it. Here are my pros and cons:
Very friendly staff (everyone who worked there said hello). We got there at noon and tried to check in early and they said they would call us when the room was ready. They didn't call until almost 4....but they were totally booked so I can understand that I guess. Great location. On the West end which is away from the traffic along the seawall. And beach access was GREAT. We loved not having to cross the street. Pool was great. Because of it's location, it's totally shaded in the mornings and evenings - which is perfect if you're sunburn! And you can see the ocean from the pool, which was pretty nice. LOTS of chairs and tables, we never had a problem getting one even though the hotel was booked solid. Very family friendly. Pretty much everyone there had children, so there were no drunk college kids or any other riff-raff.
We were very disappointed in our "gulf view" we were promised. We were in W22B (I think) which seemed like one of the smallest rooms on site and the balcony (which was barely big enough to fit 2 people) was in the corner to where we couldn't see the ocean unless we leaned over the rail. We planned on enjoying the balcony and the "gulf view" while our kids napped during the day....but that didn't happen. The balcony was so cramped we just stayed inside the room. Also, the 10am check out time seems pretty early when check in time isn't until 4pm.
Read a lot about the long wait for the elevator but didn't really experience that at all. No mosquitoes either. Also read a lot about the pool being loud. We were on the 2nd floor and even when the pool was totally crowded, we couldn't hear it at all from our room.
Would We Stay Again:
Probably, but we would definitely book way ahead of time in order to get a bigger room/balcony. Maybe that was my fault for booking a room for 2 even though we had 2 toddlers. I wouldn't want to stay in that particular room again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort offers a wonderfully relaxing experience for couples and families alike. This quiet beachfront resort is located on the Texas Gulf coast south near the historic port city of Galveston. The city is a charming, Victorian-era treasure filled with authentic period architecture and strong echoes of the 1800s. Set away from the bustle of downtown, you'll enjoy villa accommodations with fully equipped kitchens, living and dining areas, plus free Wi-Fi internet access. All villas feature private balconies overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. The heated, outdoor infinity-edge pool and large hot tub offer direct, waterfront beach access and a new recreation area. Kids enjoy half-court basketball, shuffleboard court, beach volleyball and tetherball, while you'll love the fitness center available to guests 24/7 and picnic areas for outdoor dining. A small Marketplace store is available for guest convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Escapes! To The Gulf At Galveston Hotel Galveston
- Escapes To The Gulf Galveston
- Escapes Galveston