We had a very nice and relaxing stay here. The room was perfect. Loved having the kitchen and we did use it. They had just about everything we needed. Kroger and Walmart are less than 2 miles away. The staff was very friendly. The pool was refreshing and the walk to the beach was a short walk down the walkway.
Just know that they hardest thing was the elevator. Each side only has one. Since the hotel is elevated for sea level, you have to first get on the elevator to ride to the office on the second floor. The stairs are locked on the ground level for security for obvious reasons. So the most inconvenient thing was the elevator. I took the stairs most the time and that was a good workout from the 5th floor.
There was only cleaning service if you requested it. Which is what I like since I am very about privacy and do not like people coming in and out of my room unless i need something. The staff was very friendly.
Not the hotels doing and mother nature is out of their control but they do seem to have a sea weed problem this time of year. Walking thru 2 feet high sea weed was not fun and it would have been nice if the hotel did come down and clear some paths for people to use the beach. But like I said, it's not their fault but yet they really didn't have anyone down there doing anything to make the visit to the beach better. Of course, it's possible the beach is not their property so that may be why they do nothing to clear off the seaweed in their stretch of the beach. Before making your vacation plans, see if there is any sea weed issues the time of year you go. The smell was not all that pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort offers a wonderfully relaxing experience for couples and families alike. This quiet beachfront resort is located on the Texas Gulf coast south near the historic port city of Galveston. The city is a charming, Victorian-era treasure filled with authentic period architecture and strong echoes of the 1800s. Set away from the bustle of downtown, you'll enjoy villa accommodations with fully equipped kitchens, living and dining areas, plus free Wi-Fi internet access. All villas feature private balconies overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. The heated, outdoor infinity-edge pool and large hot tub offer direct, waterfront beach access and a new recreation area. Kids enjoy half-court basketball, shuffleboard court, beach volleyball and tetherball, while you'll love the fitness center available to guests 24/7 and picnic areas for outdoor dining. A small Marketplace store is available for guest convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, BookIt.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Escapes! To The Gulf At Galveston Hotel Galveston
- Escapes To The Gulf Galveston
- Escapes Galveston