“Great for extended familes” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort

You added Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11743 Termini- San Luis Pass Road, (Farm Road 3005), Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77554 (Formerly Galveston on the Gulf)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn a $50 Gift Card!
Ranked #3 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
2cowboys
“Great for extended familes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2008

We stayed in a two room unit. It was great. My family was able to stay in one room and my cousins were able to stay in the other room, but we were still joined together. The washer and dryer in the unit was excellent. We were on the second floor, which was good, because the elevator is slow when everyone is checking out. The view was excellent from both of our balconies. Our room looked onto the pool, great to see the kids below! It felt more like staying in an apartment than a hotel!!

• Liked — on the same side of the road as the beach
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Allen, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2008

Great place all the way around. Very new and clean. My experience was the same as other reviewers - everyone was very friendly and helpful. We even left my 4 year old's beloved blankie at the hotel and they sent it UPS within a couple days. We stayed in a "B" unit - probably the cheapest and it was tiny but great for us. Even being on the side of the building, we still had a great view of the ocean. Great walkway out to the beach, with shower to clean off. Perfect!

• Liked — how nice and clean it was
  • Disliked — tad bit pricey
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2008

I was concerned, reading negative reviews after I booked my NONrefundable reservation, about the condo. I was pleasantly surprised!
Most impressive was the clenliness of the condo unit. Absolutely sparkling. Soft towels and washcloths. I packed a ton of silverware, dishes, towels and paper items. I didn't need any of them. Everything was there and clean and ready for use. They even supplied me with laundry detergent!
The unit was tastefully decorated, and the centrail air plus two ceiling fans left me very comfortable. It was quiet, even though my room was just next to the pool.
The elevators are SUPER slow, but that wasn't a big problem for me.
I read another poster said the condo complex had activities for children -- I wish the desk clerk had told me and my children that -- we would have loved to participate. All in all, a solid place!

• Liked — I most liked that it was pet FREE, had fab gulf views, and was so very clean
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2008

Really, I would have rated it above average or even Excellent but we were dissapointed with the Hot Tub because it was really a Warm Tub. We complained twice but nothing happened. There were 5 of us (all adult women) & we were looking forward every evening to enjoy the hot tub & relax but it wasnt hot enough. We are a group of women who go every year on a "Girl trip" for 3-4
days & this is the first time we go beyond Padre Island. We may come back to your resort next year or later this year. Like I said, we did like it very much... hope you work on the hot tub. PS, I am even considering purchasing a time share. Thanx!!!

• Liked — The actual rooms were fantastic, very comfortable beds, cold air & very clean. We were facing the pool & beach. very very nice
  • Disliked — Hot Tub temp & check in becasue there was no one at the desk upon arrival (we did get in a little earlier) WE waited sbout 20 minutes for the person to come in. We were not going to mention this because it wasnt bad & we could have overlooked it. I would reccommend that you place a large sign somewhere facing the pool directing to the Check_IN offcie, it is alittle hidden.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
sherwood, arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2008

My husband, myself and and our 3 boys, ages 9-15, stayed here for a week in one of the two bedroom lock-outs. We had a very enjoyable time. The staff was very friendly and the resort was very clean and accomadating. They had fun activities for my 9 year old every day. He really enjoyed making t-shirts, seashell picture frames (with shells he collected himself), etc.. There is also a lot to do in the area. We recommend the free ferry ride! We saw dolphins from our balconey most every day. Was an overall wonderful experience, even with the tropical storm that hit!
We look forward to returning soon!

• Liked — convenience to beach
  • Disliked — internet was totally unreliable for a working husband!!!!
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Durant, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2008

I stayed at Escapes for 3 nights, and loved every minute! The room was equipped with everything you could think of. All kitchen neccessities, loads of towels, washer/dryer, whirl pool tub, shower, and a full kitchen. I stayed in the 1 bedroom Elite, unit E24-A. I had a view of the heated pool and the ocean. It was very beautiful. I had read some negative reviews before I stayed here, so I was a little worried, but pleasently surprised. This is a timeshare property, but I was never asked to attend any presentation nor did they even ask if I would be interesed. The only time I ever spoke with staff was to check in & out. I have to say, this is one of the most relaxing vacations I have been on. Thanks Esacapes! I recommend to all.

• Liked — Beachfront
  • Disliked — Check out is at 10am. I think that is too early.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hillsborough, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2008

We exchanged a week through II for spring break week. Escapes! boasts that all units have a gulf view. That is true, unless you are in unit E12, which is on the first floor, right by the pool. There are planters by the pool with plants that pretty much obscure your view of the gulf. There was a problem with the waterlines by the pool which were hidden in the bottom of a poolside planter. All of the dirt had been dug out of the planter and was piled beside the planter (in front of our door) along with orange cones and yellow tape. It remained like this all week. To make matters worse, by being at ground level, people are constantly passing by, on the way to the pool or the beach. That pretty much eliminates keeping the curtains open, unless you want everyone looking inside the unit. Also, management plays music all day by the pool via speakers. We could hear the music (or at least the bass beat) from inside our unit, even with the doors and windows closed and the television on, as well as the sounds of people playing in the pool. The pool maintenance guys start cleaning the pool and moving the furniture around at 745 in the morning, yelling across the pool at each other. That's what I woke up to on several mornings. We arrived at Escapes! before noon because of our flight into Houston. Check-in is at 400, but we took a chance on maybe getting in early. The ladies at the office were very nice and told us that our room wasn't ready yet, but they would be glad to check us in as soon as it was ready. After waiting a couple of hours and seeing other people checked in early, we inquired again. We were told that our room was still not ready and "Housekeeping gets mad if they ask them to clean a room before they get to it." We asked to be moved to a different unit (we had found where our room was) and were told that they had nowhere to move us. We finally got into our room at 345. The housekeeping supervisor stopped in to make sure everything was done and I told her that we had been waiting since before noon. She said, "Why didn't they call and tell me? We would have cleaned it so you could get in!" Over the next few days, we asked multiple times to be moved and were told, "We'll call you if we have anything to open up." Every time we asked them about it, it was like we had never talked to them before. We were never called. The complex never appeared to be filled the entire time we were there.
As far as Escapes! was in general, it is very nice. The rooms are clean, nicely decorated and have everything one would need for a very comfortable vacation. We were in Oleander one-bedroom (part of a 2-bedroom lockout). The bathroom was huge with a whirlpool tub. The kitchen was a full kitchen with everything we needed. The pool area was nice and clean and never overcrowded. The timeshare salespeople were not high-pressure. We received two calls to our unit asking if we would "complete a survey in exchange for a digital camera." We know that was code for "listen to a sales pitch." We declined. The one negative thing about our stay was the location of our room and it was significant. It made staying in such a nice complex more like staying at a Hotel 6 for the lack of a view of the gulf. What good is staying at a waterfront resort if you can't leave your curtains open so you can look out on the gulf while you're inside? We were very disappointed.

• Liked — Modern, clean, comfortable, beach not crowded
  • Disliked — Our room/unit assignment
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort? Share your experiences!