“Sleeping gem on da beach!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort

You added Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11743 Termini- San Luis Pass Road, (Farm Road 3005), Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77554 (Formerly Galveston on the Gulf)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Houston, TX
“Sleeping gem on da beach!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

What a surprise!!!! Super service by blonde lady at front desk. I knew I was going to like this place when it had my favorite beer in stock!!! It is right on the beach and has a beautiful infinity pool and hot tub spa. The room is very spacious and comfortable. Full kitchen with everything you would need in the kitchen. Just a great place!!!! 'Nuff said!!!

• Stayed December 2013
Helen B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our recent stay with us. We do try to stock our market place with items guest request. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us. Once again thank you for your review and photos.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Canon City, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Staff is great and very accomodating. No crossing the highway to get to the Beach here. Property is well maintained. Beds are new and very comfortable. Just a few miles W. of Seawall and all the great restaurants.

Room Tip: The one bedrooms are very small..... too small for other than 2 people. Get the deluxe one bedroom...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hello, Thank you for completing a review of your recent stay with us. Our one bedroom queen units are the smallest room type we have on property. Our one bedroom king rooms (deluxe) have a full kitchen, large balcony, king bed in the bedroom, and a Jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. Once again thank you and hope to see you again in the near future.
Georgetown, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of this resort. Our unit, E52A, was a 1 bedroom with full kitchen, eating area, and living room, as well as master bedroom and very large bathroom with full shower and a jet tub. Unit was very clean, well appointed, well supplied in the kitchen with all the necessities, nice views of the ocean. Staff at front desk was wonderful - suggested eating places and things to do, had a supply of recent DVDs you could borrow for free, daily newspaper, etc. Only problem we had is very poor hot water in shower - the rest of the unit - sinks, jet tub,, all had plenty of hot water. We had mtce check on it, I know they were in room while we were gone, but it never got better, and they never reported back to us if there was a fix or not. That's my only complaint. I would definitely stay here again on our next trip to Galveston.

Room Tip: Ask for a unit that faces the pool and is on a higher floor, so you have a nicer view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Tom O., Thank you for completing a review of your recent stay. I am happy that you enjoyed your room and our staff at the front desk. I am sorry that you encountered the issue with the hot water. Hope to see you again in the near future.
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

We were there for two nights during the DICKENS ON STRAND event, although that was not why we were there. The room was clean, attractive and had a splendid view of the ocean. My only concern was that the bedroom did not have a window, and as a claustrophobic, I found that a little anxiety provoking; I wound up sleeping in the living room on the convertible sofa, and expected a horrible nights sleep. To my pleasant surprise, the sofa bed was extremely comfortable (no pressing of the springs into the flesh), and I enjoyed a great nights sleep.
After my return home, I discovered I had left something in the room. Two days later, I called the hotel and spoke with Victoria, who politely and expeditiously obtained info from housekeeping that the item had been found, and arranged to return it to me. Very professional, very courteous.
I will definitely return to this place and recommend it highly to anyone wanting an 'off the beaten path' experience.

Room Tip: choose an East room (35B offers excellent ocean view)!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Dennis M., Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Our one bedroom queen rooms do not have a window in the bedroom but if that is something you need in your room, all of our one bedroom king rooms do have the window in the bedrooms. I am glad the sofa in the living room was comfortable and you were able to enjoy your stay. We do mail items back if they are found in the rooms after you depart and I am happy that Victoria was able to help you through this process. Hope to see you in the near future.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I have always stayed in the middle of Seawall and I wanted to try this one out and it was wonderful. Away from hustle and bustle of the main area, but not far drive at all. They have full kitchens well stocked, spacy, and a great hot tub. Staff is amazing and I will stay here from now on.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Jenna L., I am very happy that you found us and thank you for completing a review of your recent stay. Our hot tub is heated year round with our pool heated seasonally. Thank you again and have a wonderful day.
Bossier City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

The location of this hotel is perfect! It is on the beach side of the street (few are). There is a walk way that leads to the beach. It is down the beach from eating places and activities. Which made it perfect for us. Takes only few minutes to get to good places to eat. My room was a king, one bedroom, full kitchen, tv in faily room and bedroom, large bathroom with separate shower and tub. Our view was facing the outdoor pool. Our room was a partial view of the ocean. From what I can tell all the rooms are partial view of ocean because the hotel is a "U" shaped building. The problems: only one mirror in the whole place (bathroom). The first night, went to the bathroom in middle of the night, turned on the light and there was a roach on the floor right by the toilet. When people upstairs flush toilet it sounded like it was coming out in our bathroom. We had to shut bathroom door each night to sleep. There is some kind of pump that runs most of the night in the stairwell. It is very loud and we were down the hall from stairwell. When you enter door from hallway to go into your room, you actually enter a small entry way that has a shared washer and dryer and two doors to two different rooms. When the other guests are in the entry way you can hear every word being said.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

When we arrived at 11:10 pm, we were met my a security officer who had little knowledge and stated "I cannot check you in." He gave me my key and stated I needed to return to the desk in the morning. When we got to the room, we found the room empty of towels, shampoo, soap, etc. Aftera long day of travel, it was very upsetting not to be able to wash up prior to going to bed.
On our second day, we were informed that personnel would be coming into our room to inspect our fire/smoke systems. We were not given a time; they just showed up about 2 hours later while my daughter was in the shower. The "gentelmen" would not take no for an answer to enter the room.
I tried cooking twice during our stay. I discovered when trying to boil water that the large burner on the 2 burner stove was not heating up properly. I did not report because I was already fed up with the experience at this "resort."

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort? Share your experiences!