We should have done this a long time ago! The villa we got (W42A) was perfect. Very clean, very modern and updated. Overlooks the pool and the beach.
The kitchen was stocked with pretty much everything you'd ever need - pyrex mixing bowls and baking dishes, one stainless pan and one non-stick, complete set of silver, whisk, can opener, wine tool, scissors. There's also a toaster and a microwave. Also included were paper towels, dish soap, dishwasher soap, and laundry soap.
- The cooking tools are stainless, so if you're used to using a plastic spatula and cooking tongs (they don't stock them), bring your own.
- You'll need to bring coffee filters, as I had to use paper towels. And bring your own coffee. See below.
- There's a plastic package inside the coffee maker containing that horrible hotel coffee and fake powdered creamer. But, you'll also find a tiny set of salt and pepper shakers that you might find useful.
- If you would rather not risk your kids eating/drinking out of glass and ceramic, you might want to bring cups and plates just for them.
- The freezer has an ice maker, but it'll be in the off position when you get there. Turn that on immediately and then you'll have ice to use for your beach picnic packing. :)
- If you're cooking bacon, turn the vent on high and cook it at a 5 or 6. My stove at home lets me cook it at high w/no issues, but in this little space, that did not work well and the smoke got out of hand. Enough to set off the smoke alarm. So. Don't do that.
- We had a lot of stuff to drag to the beach - one of those EZ Up Canopies, small cooler, beach bag, beach toys, and three camp chairs. Most of that stuff was in the car, which was on the Ground floor. The bridge to the beach, however, is on the 1st floor, so we had to schelp everything from the car up the elevator, thru the front desk lobby, out past the pool, to the bridge. HOWEVER, we could have just walked everything from the car by cutting thru on foot to the neighboring parking lot of the city Pocket Park 2 right next door. Now that we've made that mistake, you don't have to. If you try to drive your car over there, they'll want $8. I was able to sweet talk the guy into letting me in just to load up at the end of the day and he was nice enough to let me. :)
No complaints about this property at all. The wifi can be a little fickle at times, the elevator is just a little slow, and the sliding glass doors are really hard to slide open (at least ours are), but not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Certainly not complaint-worthy. We'll definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacular, unobstructed views of sparkling turquoise waters from your private villa balcony are waiting for you at Galveston on the Gulf. Located on a Texas barrier island in the Gulf of Mexico, Galveston offers miles of beautiful, unspoiled beaches and a quiet location away from all the activity found further down the island.The tropical setting and relaxing atmosphere of the resort invites blissful relaxation for you and your family. Enjoy time together lounging by the oceanfront pool deck featuring a generous hot tub and heated infinity-edge pool that seems to stretch to the ocean. For the younger set, there’s a kiddie pool and of course, plenty of sandy beach and warm Gulf waters on your doorstep in which to play! And right next door is a public beachfront pavilion with facilities on an educational wetlands preserve.About 15 miles up the coast of the island you’ll find Postoffice Street in the Historic District, home to many tree-lined art galleries, coffee shops and over two-dozen historical buildings. Additionally, Gallery Row features antiques, collectibles and fine art, while Stand Avenue offers plenty of shopping, boutiques, festivals and nightlife. Great dining options can be found along the shore as well as downtown.With a wonderfully relaxing atmosphere, as well as a downtown historic district famous for its lovely 19th-century Victorian architecture, great restaurants and family attractions, there are plenty of reasons that make Galveston a popular family vacation destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Escapes! To The Gulf At Galveston Hotel Galveston
- Escapes To The Gulf Galveston
- Escapes Galveston