I wanted to give this place a great review. One of the few hotels directly on the beach, we were looking forward to staying here. We stayed from Juen 15th through 18th. Check in went well because we were late getting down there. Our room was right by the elevator and it appeared that at the time only one of two elevators were working in the building. The elevator noise ran constantly with a break maybe between midnight and 4am. Additionally, our room was situated next to the housekeeping laundry room, so every time a commercial washer or dryer was running, we could hear it.
The room itself was nice with a small balcony overlooking the pool and part of the beach. The bed and pull out bed were both older and uncomfortable. The beach area is public but on the weekdays was very quiet. Travel to and from the main areas of Galveston were easy.
Now, who schedules CONSTRUCTION during peak travel times? A large corporation who could not care less about its travelers, thats who! Starting on Monday (thankfully we left on Tuesday) at around 8:30am, the construction started. A jackhammer or Sawzall was being used on the fourth or fifth floore on the other end of the building and it was rattling the pictures on our walls in our room. There was absolutely no way to spend any time in the room due to the loud noise and putting a small child down for a nap was next to impossible. I had to go drive our son around in the car. The walls were literally vibrating from the construction and it continued with only short breaks until around 6pm. When I asked the staff about it, all I got was a smile and "sorry about that." In addition, we contacted Holiday Inn corporate last week and have still not heard back from them. For the price we paid per night for the room (Saturday night was outragious!) I would like to think that something more could be done besides "sorry about that."
I do not recommend this place right now. Maybe if they can get the renovations done (try doing it in the winter next time) this place will be great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacular, unobstructed views of sparkling turquoise waters from your private villa balcony are waiting for you at Galveston on the Gulf. Located on a Texas barrier island in the Gulf of Mexico, Galveston offers miles of beautiful, unspoiled beaches and a quiet location away from all the activity found further down the island.The tropical setting and relaxing atmosphere of the resort invites blissful relaxation for you and your family. Enjoy time together lounging by the oceanfront pool deck featuring a generous hot tub and heated infinity-edge pool that seems to stretch to the ocean. For the younger set, there’s a kiddie pool and of course, plenty of sandy beach and warm Gulf waters on your doorstep in which to play! And right next door is a public beachfront pavilion with facilities on an educational wetlands preserve.About 15 miles up the coast of the island you’ll find Postoffice Street in the Historic District, home to many tree-lined art galleries, coffee shops and over two-dozen historical buildings. Additionally, Gallery Row features antiques, collectibles and fine art, while Stand Avenue offers plenty of shopping, boutiques, festivals and nightlife. Great dining options can be found along the shore as well as downtown.With a wonderfully relaxing atmosphere, as well as a downtown historic district famous for its lovely 19th-century Victorian architecture, great restaurants and family attractions, there are plenty of reasons that make Galveston a popular family vacation destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Escapes! To The Gulf At Galveston Hotel Galveston
- Escapes To The Gulf Galveston
- Escapes Galveston