“Yes folks, it's ON the beach” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort

You added Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11743 Termini- San Luis Pass Road, (Farm Road 3005), Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77554 (Formerly Galveston on the Gulf)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn a $50 Gift Card!
Ranked #3 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Oklahoma
“Yes folks, it's ON the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

I felt sorry for people who stayed in "beachfront" hotels on the seawall. Looked like some of them had great views from their balconies but so scary when they had to cross a road of 4 lane busy traffic to actually get to the beach.
This hotel is on the beach, literally. Go down a boardwalk from the pool area or down a sandy path and you are there! It's not a private beach exculsive to the hotel, but that was okay. I met some friendly people walking from nearby rental homes. This beach was NOT crowded either. Probably because the hotel is away from the main cluster of tourist stuff which is nice. We drove out twice a day to eat and/or see attractions and it's not a bad drive at all - maybe 10 min or less; just not walking distance. And it was nice to come back "home" to a quieter area.
We went to Walmart and got food so we could do some of our meals at the hotel since it had a little kitchenette. And while at Walmart, might I recommend getting some boogie boards for fun in the waves and also a small sack of cheap dry dog food. This we used to feed seagulls on our beach; better than bread. I also recommend going after dark down to the sand dunes with a flashlight where you can look for and surprise the crabs.
Our suite was very clean and spacious enough. My husband and I took the bedroom. The teens liked having their own space in the form of a comfy pullout couch in the living room and their own tv. You can check out DVD's and games. Liked having a washer/dryer right outside our door. I liked that there were two entry doors to get to your room; that felt like extra security. From the hallway, the first door opened onto a little foyer which then had three doors: the washer/dryer and two suites. Our balcony was pretty tiny but good enough for two people- 3 or 4 could squeeze in. Nice view of the ocean!
The pool and hot tub were clean and pretty. Staff was very friendly.
You might not always nab one for yourself, but there is some covered parking. We usually managed to get a covered parking spot. Parking lot is very close and convenient to elevators. Have fun finding the check in/lobby. That's a bit of a puzzle at first but you will figure it out. There is a sign clearly stating where to go.
It was quiet and peaceful at night. The pool closed at 10.
Great experience - I recommend and would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We just got back from a week at this Holiday Inn. We had a great stay. Our room was very clean. We had a great view of the ocean even though it is not considered a full front ocean view. The hotel is right on the beach. Unlike the other hotels in Galveston, you do NOT have to cross the four lane road called Seawall Blvd to get to the beach. Since maid service during your stay is a choice, my only recommendation is to give the rooms more trash bags for the kitchen and more toilet paper for the bath. I had to go to the front desk to get more during our stay. The view of the gulf is wonderful from the pool. We would definitely go again.

Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed here for first time for a long weekend with a few kids. The facility is nice and new. The front desk staff is very friendly. (Thanks for finding the blue swim shirt Sandy!) There is an activities room where they have games and movies. The 1 bedroom had a kitchen, but the room was smaller than we expected. The property is not huge /chaotic and is directly on beach, quite a rarity in Galveston. The property is a little out of the way as it is 5 miles west of town / Walmart. The fitness center is nice and overlooks pool, the basketball court is lame as it is in the parking lot (and was totally broken when we were there). While not the property's fault, the seaweed was Horrible 1st of June. There is no restaurant, but they have some snacks etc. Pool is infinity and hot tub is nice. Washer and drier shared by 2 units. Overall good place!

Room Tip: East side units closer to beach.
Evansville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed here on our vacation last week. Things I loved about this hotel 1. Staff was super friendly 2. It was on the beach (if you've ever been to Galveston you'll realize this isn't the norm) 3. The room was really nice, we had a separate bedroom with a queen size bed (that's right parents a bedroom with a door) then there was a comfy pull out couch in the living room. Then there was a fully equipped kitchen. We picked up breakfast and lunch stuff our first day and just ate there for both of those meals. 4. The pool was probably the cleanest hotel pool I've ever seen and it had a little splash shelf for the little ones to play on so they weren't always on the steps of the pool 5. Washer and dryer in unit

A couple of things to think about (not really negatives but might be important for some people): 1. This is fairly far out of town. If you want to go out to eat you are going to have to drive into town but it's not a far drive 5-10 minutes (might be a bit more during heavy tourist season as Seawall tends to get backed up). There is a little mini-mart in the hotel but not sure what the prices are like. 2. Room service does not come in during your stay so if you stay more than a few days you'll have to wash your own towels but they give you all the detergent and stuff to do that. 3. It isn't a private beach the hotel shares that section of the beach with a park so there will be more people there than what's at the hotel but the park is kept up well and I didn't see loads of trash on the beach or anything.

We really enjoyed our stay and I would use this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Olathe, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We just returned from a 4 day stay here and quite enjoyed our stay. The room we stayed in was a queen with a pullout sofa. We had room 46 B which has a small balcony with half pool and half ocean view.

The room quality and decor was up to date and nice. Our room had two flat screen tvs with cable, and the living room tv had a dvd player.Our 1 bedroom had a bedroom with queen bed, bathroom, a pullout sofa in a combo living room/kitchen. The rooms are condos where you do your own cleaning and laundry if needed as well as dishes in provided dishwasher.

They are not hotel rooms with a lobby and daily maid service unless needed for an extra fee. You also take out your own trash and pick up after yourself unlike a normal hotel room where maid service cleans, does linens etc. I only mention this because some may not know this if they see the name Holiday Inn and are used to the normal daily hotel services, lobby restaurant, bar etc.

We enjoyed having a washer and dryer and didn't mind using the dishwasher to clean the provided dishes, glasses ,coffee cups etc that we used. It was actually quite nice having a full kitchen and washer/dryer to wash and dry beach towels and clothing or even bath towels if needed.

Provided kitchen items included , pots and pans for cooking, dinnerware, microwave, toaster oven, coffee maker ,blender , decent size refrigerator with ice maker , dishwasher as well as , outside grills all helped us keep our dining costs down close to what we would have spent at home.

Laundry and dish washing detergent was provided and made it nice to not have to buy them or haul them home. All linens , blankets , bedding and towels are provided and clean when you arrive and as stated if need changed daily will be washed by you.

Pretty much the only things you will need to bring are normal vacation clothing and food you will want to prepare or of course you can eat out daily. You also will need your own beach towels as provided towels aren't supposed to be taken out of the hotel or pool area.

As far as location on the island we loved it. The hotel is right on the gulf and has a nice wooden walkway over a couple small dunes to the beach and the beach is free of trash you may see closer to the seawall and is much less crowded. It is probably a 4 mile drive to get into the seawall, restaurant, bar part of galveston. Its not really within walking distance.

During our stay it was windy and made for fairly rough water in the ocean but the beach area has a gentle slope and makes entry easy. There was also a lot of seaweed on the beach due to the wind and waves pushing it up on land. This is of course just part of nature and the waves made for fun boogie boarding and playing in the water if you like waves.

All property staff was super including the desk and maintenance staff we encountered. Sandy at the front desk is super sweet and helpful.

If I had to improve anything about the property it would be just a few places on the walks and around the pool that had algae on the walkways and I would like to see the pool be a little clearer. The rest of the property inside and out was very nice.

We definately would recommend staying here to anyone wanting a nice place right on the beach a little away from town and the crowds with a little bit quieter beaches.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay and I would use this hotel again.

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Stayed here a couple of months ago with the kids before I moved on island. We had a two bedroom , two bath villa. The girl who checked me in Victoria was amazing and very helpful with information. She gave the best customer service I have experienced in a while at any Galveston location. I am a hotel manager myself and this girl wowed me. She joked and laughed with me and my grandson when we down to get complimentary movies that they offer to all guests, pretty good selection too. I know many people said they did not like the way you have to go up to check in, but I found office just fine and my room after directions given at check in with no problem. My room was on backside, I never heard other guests, could see the ocean from my wonderful balcony. Another plus, even though very windy because it is right on beach are the screen son balcony doors. I left my door open with screen closed to keep bugs and gulls out and went to sleep listening to beautiful waves! Everything was in good repair and we had a great time. All staff was helpful, and always smiled and offered assistance, but Victoria did stand out. She is a jewel in the industry and a true beacon of hospitality. I am glad I am on the island now, but if my kids come or anyone else, I will send them there! It is a bot down Seawall and I recommend making the grocery stop before arribpval unless you are planning on going right back out. I loved that there wasn't all the busy traffic of Seawall yet right on beach. Pool and hot tub are great, volleyball and many other ammonites, free wifi that works great. No onsite restaurant or bar, but the kitchen has blenders and full frig, so stock up and bring your food and drinks and enjoy a wonderful time at the perfect place. Thank you all for wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors are always better as far as I am concerned. Remember there is no housekeeping until en...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort? Share your experiences!