I felt sorry for people who stayed in "beachfront" hotels on the seawall. Looked like some of them had great views from their balconies but so scary when they had to cross a road of 4 lane busy traffic to actually get to the beach.
This hotel is on the beach, literally. Go down a boardwalk from the pool area or down a sandy path and you are there! It's not a private beach exculsive to the hotel, but that was okay. I met some friendly people walking from nearby rental homes. This beach was NOT crowded either. Probably because the hotel is away from the main cluster of tourist stuff which is nice. We drove out twice a day to eat and/or see attractions and it's not a bad drive at all - maybe 10 min or less; just not walking distance. And it was nice to come back "home" to a quieter area.
We went to Walmart and got food so we could do some of our meals at the hotel since it had a little kitchenette. And while at Walmart, might I recommend getting some boogie boards for fun in the waves and also a small sack of cheap dry dog food. This we used to feed seagulls on our beach; better than bread. I also recommend going after dark down to the sand dunes with a flashlight where you can look for and surprise the crabs.
Our suite was very clean and spacious enough. My husband and I took the bedroom. The teens liked having their own space in the form of a comfy pullout couch in the living room and their own tv. You can check out DVD's and games. Liked having a washer/dryer right outside our door. I liked that there were two entry doors to get to your room; that felt like extra security. From the hallway, the first door opened onto a little foyer which then had three doors: the washer/dryer and two suites. Our balcony was pretty tiny but good enough for two people- 3 or 4 could squeeze in. Nice view of the ocean!
The pool and hot tub were clean and pretty. Staff was very friendly.
You might not always nab one for yourself, but there is some covered parking. We usually managed to get a covered parking spot. Parking lot is very close and convenient to elevators. Have fun finding the check in/lobby. That's a bit of a puzzle at first but you will figure it out. There is a sign clearly stating where to go.
It was quiet and peaceful at night. The pool closed at 10.
Great experience - I recommend and would stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Escapes! To The Gulf At Galveston Hotel
- Escapes! To The Gulf At Galveston Hotel Galveston
- Escapes To The Gulf Galveston
- Escapes Galveston
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacular, unobstructed views of sparkling turquoise waters from your private villa balcony are waiting for you at Galveston on the Gulf. Located on a Texas barrier island in the Gulf of Mexico, Galveston offers miles of beautiful, unspoiled beaches and a quiet location away from all the activity found further down the island.The tropical setting and relaxing atmosphere of the resort invites blissful relaxation for you and your family. Enjoy time together lounging by the oceanfront pool deck featuring a generous hot tub and heated infinity-edge pool that seems to stretch to the ocean. For the younger set, there’s a kiddie pool and of course, plenty of sandy beach and warm Gulf waters on your doorstep in which to play! And right next door is a public beachfront pavilion with facilities on an educational wetlands preserve.About 15 miles up the coast of the island you’ll find Postoffice Street in the Historic District, home to many tree-lined art galleries, coffee shops and over two-dozen historical buildings. Additionally, Gallery Row features antiques, collectibles and fine art, while Stand Avenue offers plenty of shopping, boutiques, festivals and nightlife. Great dining options can be found along the shore as well as downtown.With a wonderfully relaxing atmosphere, as well as a downtown historic district famous for its lovely 19th-century Victorian architecture, great restaurants and family attractions, there are plenty of reasons that make Galveston a popular family vacation destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.