My husband and I went with our friend from Iowa and was very pleased with my choice. I looked at almost all the properties for a location that would meet my two requisites. Having been to Galveston before I knew most properties are across the major road from the beach. You have to be willing to risk your life to get across to take a walk and explore the beach. So I wanted a property on the beach. My second need was for a 2nd bedroom for our friend. All rooms have a view, but we had the end room, 4th floor so no other rooms were seen, just ocean and sand... perfect. Ocean sounds to lull us to sleep, full patio covering both bedrooms and living space made our 2 nights complete.
Only 1 warning, this is a bit out of town and currently no food delivery and there is no close restaurant. But, there is a full kitchen and Kroger grocery to stop at for essentials. They do have items in the lobby for purchase that were more reasonably priced than I would have expected.
The staff was very helpful, I remembered coffee but forgot filters. They handed me a stack when I asked. All the staff that we encountered was more than helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacular, unobstructed views of sparkling turquoise waters from your private villa balcony are waiting for you at Galveston on the Gulf. Located on a Texas barrier island in the Gulf of Mexico, Galveston offers miles of beautiful, unspoiled beaches and a quiet location away from all the activity found further down the island.The tropical setting and relaxing atmosphere of the resort invites blissful relaxation for you and your family. Enjoy time together lounging by the oceanfront pool deck featuring a generous hot tub and heated infinity-edge pool that seems to stretch to the ocean. For the younger set, there’s a kiddie pool and of course, plenty of sandy beach and warm Gulf waters on your doorstep in which to play! And right next door is a public beachfront pavilion with facilities on an educational wetlands preserve.About 15 miles up the coast of the island you’ll find Postoffice Street in the Historic District, home to many tree-lined art galleries, coffee shops and over two-dozen historical buildings. Additionally, Gallery Row features antiques, collectibles and fine art, while Stand Avenue offers plenty of shopping, boutiques, festivals and nightlife. Great dining options can be found along the shore as well as downtown.With a wonderfully relaxing atmosphere, as well as a downtown historic district famous for its lovely 19th-century Victorian architecture, great restaurants and family attractions, there are plenty of reasons that make Galveston a popular family vacation destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Escapes! To The Gulf At Galveston Hotel Galveston
- Escapes To The Gulf Galveston
- Escapes Galveston