We chose this property because of the many great reviews and have to say that we wholeheartedly concur. Among the many reasons we would return are these:
1. The property is newly renovated, and has been done to a high standard. Holiday Inn Clubs has done a fine job in renovating the former Escapes! property. We had a king room in the East wing on the 4th floor. It was very nicely and comfortably decorated. Queen rooms are smaller and have a smaller balcony, but are just as nicely decorated. We decided to pay the little bit more to have the larger suite and would do it again. All rooms are set up to get a view of the ocean, so really, there is no bad room. Some will overlook the pool area in the center courtyard as well, and the ones on the outside also get either sunrise or sunset views depending on whether you are in the East wing or the West Wing. We had a sunrise view room and absolutely loved the view over the beach and the gulf. The soundproofing in the rooms is good and light blocking curtains over privacy sheers keep the room as dark or light as you like. I personally liked laying in bed and watching the colors of the sunrise come into our room. We also loved having sliding doors in both the living room and the bedroom that open to one long balcony. Since the weather was great and we needed neither heat nor AC (each unit controls its own thermostat) we left the sliding door in the bedroom open a little at night and slept to the soothing sounds of the waves. Perfect!
2. The amenities are great. The bed was VERY comfortable and the King room was very spacious. Nice big bathroom with a large glassed-in shower and a jacuzzi tub. Hairdryer and bath amenities were provided. Towels were good, and pool towels also provided. The living room area with a sofa bed was roomy and gave us plenty of space to relax after a long day sightseeing. The kitchen cupboards are stocked with glasses, plates, bowls, utensils, silverware, knives, pots--in fact, everything we might have needed to eat or cook our own meals was in the kitchen. Our unit had a full size stove and a dishwasher, a full size fridge and a microwave. There is a washer and dryer that you can use that is shared with just one other room. The room was very clean when we checked in. Because you are really renting a condo, there is not daily maid service unless you want to pay extra. It was not a burden to hang up our towels, make our bed or to wash the few dishes we dirtied. There is a broom and mop in a closet if you need it, and dish soap, dishwasher soap and kitchen towels etc provided for your use. There is free wifi in every room, and the first two days it worked perfectly although was not particularly speedy. The last two days their service provider's server crashed so no wifi. But hey--we were on vacation and it was good to disconnect for a couple of days! On the balcony there are chairs and a side table. Outside there is a nice pool and hot tub, a sand volleyball pit and picnic tables. The weather was breezy and in the upper 60's so we didn't swim, but there were a few hardy souls in the pool and hot tub who seemed to be enjoying themselves.
3. The location is perfect. The property is far enough away from the bustle of the Seawall area to be quiet and restful, but close enough to make it easy to drive in to whatever you want to see or do. The amazing thing is that while the property was fully booked due to being a holiday weekend, it never seemed to be crowded there at all. On our way into town, we saw other people trying to cross the VERY busy 4 lane Seawall Ave to go between the little strip of beach below the seawall and their "beachfront" hotels. It made us really appreciate that this property is actually ON the beach. The beach itself is very nice. There is a boardwalk from the pool area that leads directly to the beach. Perfect access for walking along the beach or swimming in the waves.
4. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Despite being busy, both staff members we dealt with were just super and offered very good customer service. We really appreciated that.
Helpful things--some other reviewers said that it was hard to find the office, and that the hotel wasn't signed with the right name. The signage is now there, so you can't miss it. The office is still hard to find. We were expecting a lighted office on the ground floor, but it isn't there. We had to ask a guest who was in the parking lot where it was. So, how to find it: On each wing at the front (street side) of the building, there is an elevator at the ground level--just look for the luggage carts that are always parked right by the elevators. Take either elevator to the 1st floor. As you exit the elevator you will see a door immediately to your left or right (depending on which wing you are in) that leads back outside to a balcony/walkway across the front of the building. Walk along the walkway and smack in the middle is the office and a little store. That's where you check in and out.
We loved Galveston, and when we return, we will definitely stay at the Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort. I can't think of a single thing we didn't like about it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacular, unobstructed views of sparkling turquoise waters from your private villa balcony are waiting for you at Galveston on the Gulf. Located on a Texas barrier island in the Gulf of Mexico, Galveston offers miles of beautiful, unspoiled beaches and a quiet location away from all the activity found further down the island.The tropical setting and relaxing atmosphere of the resort invites blissful relaxation for you and your family. Enjoy time together lounging by the oceanfront pool deck featuring a generous hot tub and heated infinity-edge pool that seems to stretch to the ocean. For the younger set, there’s a kiddie pool and of course, plenty of sandy beach and warm Gulf waters on your doorstep in which to play! And right next door is a public beachfront pavilion with facilities on an educational wetlands preserve.About 15 miles up the coast of the island you’ll find Postoffice Street in the Historic District, home to many tree-lined art galleries, coffee shops and over two-dozen historical buildings. Additionally, Gallery Row features antiques, collectibles and fine art, while Stand Avenue offers plenty of shopping, boutiques, festivals and nightlife. Great dining options can be found along the shore as well as downtown.With a wonderfully relaxing atmosphere, as well as a downtown historic district famous for its lovely 19th-century Victorian architecture, great restaurants and family attractions, there are plenty of reasons that make Galveston a popular family vacation destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Escapes! To The Gulf At Galveston Hotel Galveston
- Escapes To The Gulf Galveston
- Escapes Galveston