I purchased a Groupon to stay one night and wish we could have stayed more!
The location of the hotel was excellent... off the beaten path, just the way I like it. Away from the crowd...
The hotel is in the process of being re branded as a Holiday Inn Club Vacations and is being renovated. I have to say we were a bit worried when we drove up to see all the heavy machinery and workers. It was a little confusing to navigate our way to the temporary office, but once we found it the staff was so nice and helpful.
We got a room on the west side with a pool (and beach view). It was a great view to watch the sunrise/set.
The room was absolutely beautiful. Everything was brand new, freshly painted, and well decorated. The kitchen and bathroom were well stocked and very clean. The bed was super comfy and clean. I was floored to see the whirlpool tub and stand alone tiled shower. There was a washer/dryer combo, DVD player, and even an iPod docking station! Overall, I felt like I was at home.
The [infinity edge] pool and hot tub are great. And its just a short walk to the beach. Also available are a basketball hoop, sand volleyball court, tether ball, horse shoes, and picnic tables with grill.
Despite the inconvenience and confusion from the renovations, I gave this hotel 5 stars for the location, the wonderful staff, and the beautiful accommodations. We will be returning!
- Also Known As:
- Escapes! To The Gulf At Galveston Hotel
- Escapes! To The Gulf At Galveston Hotel Galveston
- Escapes To The Gulf Galveston
- Escapes Galveston
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacular, unobstructed views of sparkling turquoise waters from your private villa balcony are waiting for you at Galveston on the Gulf. Located on a Texas barrier island in the Gulf of Mexico, Galveston offers miles of beautiful, unspoiled beaches and a quiet location away from all the activity found further down the island.The tropical setting and relaxing atmosphere of the resort invites blissful relaxation for you and your family. Enjoy time together lounging by the oceanfront pool deck featuring a generous hot tub and heated infinity-edge pool that seems to stretch to the ocean. For the younger set, there’s a kiddie pool and of course, plenty of sandy beach and warm Gulf waters on your doorstep in which to play! And right next door is a public beachfront pavilion with facilities on an educational wetlands preserve.About 15 miles up the coast of the island you’ll find Postoffice Street in the Historic District, home to many tree-lined art galleries, coffee shops and over two-dozen historical buildings. Additionally, Gallery Row features antiques, collectibles and fine art, while Stand Avenue offers plenty of shopping, boutiques, festivals and nightlife. Great dining options can be found along the shore as well as downtown.With a wonderfully relaxing atmosphere, as well as a downtown historic district famous for its lovely 19th-century Victorian architecture, great restaurants and family attractions, there are plenty of reasons that make Galveston a popular family vacation destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Venere and Hotwire so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.