“Great tour” 5 of 5 stars

Kerrville, Texas
6 attraction reviews
“Great tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We couldn't ask for a better introduction to Galveston. The duck tour might be more"thrilling" for kids, but this tram tour was very informative and we learned a lot about the city of Galveston. I'm glad we chose the Pink Tram!

Visited August 2012

Houston
4 attraction reviews
“Great Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We had out of town guests and decided to go to Galveston for the day. I found Treasure Isle Tour Train had great online reviews so we went with it. This is time well spent. Everyone enjoyed the tour including our 6 year old who was not thrilled when he heard it was 1 1/2 tour. We enjoyed the history and sights. We are set up with a list now of places to go when we return to Galveston. Enjoyable with a witty tour guide to boot! Bring water or drinks along for the ride!

Visited August 2012
Prairie Grove, Arkansas
4 attraction reviews
“No Wheelchair Access”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

We thought this train would have a way for a wheelchair to get on but we couldn't ride it because there wasn't any wheelchair accessiblity. I wish they would make this ride have wheelchair access.

Visited July 2012
La Porte, Texas
“Thoroughly enjoyable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Thoroughly enjoyable and showed a lot that even regular visitors (like me) would probably miss. Even though I've lived in the Houston area for years and visit Galveston regularly, this was a pleasant, entertaining, and interesting tour with information that was totally new to me. Not for the kiddies - not enough physical activity to hold a kid's interest. Bright pink, open air tram cars allowed the fresh sea breeze to waft around us. Personable guide driving the jeep that pulled the tram cars; apparently, the original tram engine drowned in Hurricane Ike. This tour stimulated my interest more than the "duck-boat" tour. Well worth the fee. I would do this again.

Visited June 2012
San Antonio
“Enjoyable Historical Tour of Galveston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

The tour is approximately an hour and a half and travels past many of the historical homes and sites throughout Galveston. I would recommend going on the tour early in one's trip to Galveston, because it could help visitors identify locations to visit more at length. My wife and I regretted not being aware of some of the historical spots when we still had time to visit them individually. Highly recommended tour.

Visited June 2012