“wow !” 5 of 5 stars

sarasota, florida
15 attraction reviews
“wow !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

This building is not to be missed ! Built in the late 1800's, this Victorian building had magnificent high ceilings, and great glass and oak display cases, housing special exhibits. The top floor houses an incredibly extensive archive, accessible to every one and adored by scholars !

Visited February 2012

Galveston, Texas, United States
4 attraction reviews
“wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

Everything you need in a library. Friendly staff and beautiful architecture.

Visited February 2012
Beaumont, Texas
50 attraction reviews
“This place is a gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

The Rosenberg Library musuem has well presented information about Galveston's history. We're so glad we visited. You can't beat the price - it's free! We plan to visit again because the displays change. We're also going to stay a while and read next time we're in Galveston. Highly recommend!

Visited November 2011
Austin, Texas
9 attraction reviews
“Fun, educational way to escape the heat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I have never liked libraries. I know, I am one of the few but I have always found them to be too dark, too dirty, and full of questionable people. The Rosenberg Library has completely changed my mind. I love this place! It is a historical building conveniently located downtown. It is clean, bright, and brimming with happy, pleasant librarians that just want to help. There are tons of really great free children's programs all summer that you will not believe. The kids section is far away from the adults so you don't have to be stressed out and sshhhhing the entire time you are there. There is also a very interesting Galveston history museum on the top floor that is kid friendly. They can steer a ship with the help of the actual wheel from the USS Galveston. This buys the adults time to browse the fascinating pictures of how the entire island was raised 14 feet. Don't forget to ring the bell....but not too loudly!

Visited July 2011
Ft. Polk La.
“I lived in Galveston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2008

I spent 32 years in Galveston, and growing up there, the Rosenberg Library was a great joy in my life. And as I travel around some, I have come to miss it terribly. It seems to be the "STANDARD" by which I judge all other libraries. But unfortunatly, others just don't seem to measure up. Sometimes I think this is because of the rich history of the island, and all "she" has to tell...so to anyone planning a trip to the island,by all means, go visit . I don't think you will be disappointed if you are one to appreciate history. And Galveston is swimming in it!!!