“Plus and Minus” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sandpiper Motel

Sandpiper Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Galveston
Sandpiper Motel
You added Sandpiper Motel to your Saves list
201 Seawall Blvd., Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77550   |
Ranked #30 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
Burleson
“Plus and Minus”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Plus - Great Location, Clean, Great Pool, Great RV Sites on concrete

Minus - Management, poor way todo business. No Confirmation on Reservations. I drove 350 miles to find out my name was not on the list for a reserved site. I asked for a pull thru and gave them my credit card num to hold it. The clerk on Sunday told me he could see me in his computer but that the computer did not reserve a spot. Blame the computer, Blame the management for poor training of employees. They ask for my email when making the reservation, but I did not get a confirmation. So as I stand there I have no documentation that I have a reservation. I saw that they did have open spots, but those were reserved I was told. Gee you have a customer standing in front of you that you are pissing off, in hopes that someone else may show up or not. I was given the option of a handi cap site, which I took and they gave me a reduced rate- Not Really they do not publish price info so it is hard to verify what they say. I told the pull thru was $60.00 per night I was charged $50.00 for a back in site.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Midlothian, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

I booked this about a month before coming down to Galveston. They had our reservation ready and gave us a pull through as requested. When we got here it's kind of confusing where to come into the office. If you take the side street and come through the gate you can get to the office and sites. I had our MH and parked in front off the street and had to go down the street and turn around. Site are level and clean. 30/50 amp service with water and sewer. Seems to be a little tight and close to each other but if you are looking for a place to enjoy the beaches this is it. You are directly across from Stewart Beach and can walk onto the beach from your site. As one of the other persons that reviewed we scoped out all the other RV Campgrounds in the area and believe this is the best.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Spring, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

This is a RV resort , it is very clean, wide, level concrete pads. Full hook ups w/cable & internet.The pool, hot tub, fire pit area is beautiful with a great view of the Gulf. We spent Thanksgiving '13 there & had a great time. They even provide doggie poop bags & receptacle. Looking forward to visiting again in the Spring.

Room Tip: Did not stay in motel. They have 6 motel rooms.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Galveston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

We enjoyed staying a week in our motorcoach . The kids stayed in the rooms. Pool is elevated and clean. Grounds are kept up and clean bathrooms. Anne is a delightful manager. She has written the book on customer services. My husband is a grumpy sort who rarely gets along with anyone. She handled him like a pro.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Granbury
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012 via mobile

Hurricane Ike must have a done a service to the Island by wiping out the old motel at this location. The newly constructed RV Resort is very nice. Clean facilities and right next to the beach. Bring mosquito repellent however (duh). The manager "Dallas" is a little quirky but eventually gets your reservation right. We visited every RV camp on the island and this one looks to be the best by far.

Stayed April 2012
Moreno Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

We stayed here with our 40' RV. Beautiful setup for RV sites. Most have the gulf views. Plenty of room. Upon check in we were invited to go to a bar b que and kathy (is great!) asked if we would like to bring something for the pot luck. Very community oriented already. Did go, they had a wonderful bar b que fit for a king. Had a volunteer group that provides bar b que cooking services that raises money for the community that I thought was great. They even had a Bluegrass group there for our entertainment.
The premises had a beautiful infinity edge pool. They are doing a lot of work improving the pool area. It's going to look awesome when it's completed.
Hated to leave as all the people that worked there we so friendly!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Grapevine, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

Ok, all the reviews are old. This is no longer a motel. I did stay here many many times when it was a motel as it was cheap and on the beach. Hurricane Gustov wiped the motel out as it did to all of Boliva and most of the island. Now for the changes, it is now a new RV park with super nice wide pads and full hook ups. They have built a new pool and are currently working on the restaurant. We will be going down there in April for the Spring Nationals NHRA drag races in Bay Town (go team force and TJ Zizzo in top fuel!) and then spend a few days on the island again at this new rv park. So, stay tuned for my upcoming review in April. See ya on the road!

Room Tip: This is no longer a motel, it is a full service RV park right on the beach with full hook ups.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Been to Sandpiper Motel? Share your experiences!