“Lots of food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery
Roanoke
“Lots of food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Me and my husband were just walking around looking for a place to eat when we stumbled upon this establishment. It was very clean and had a fun atmosphere. Once we got our food we couldn't believe how much we got and it was all so good!

Visited May 2013

Galveston, Texas
“Bad first impression”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Horrible. Just freakin horrible all the way around. So I decided to try this place out based on a friend's recommendation. What a mistake that was. So I order the d'mingo(the d is silent? I guess) burrito by phone and get told that it'll be ready in 20 minutes. Well 20 minutes later I'm there and have to wait another 20 minutes for my order to be ready. On top of that the customer service was horrendous. You barely get acknowledged and when my order was ready I get a "Here, bye" I mean seriously? Have you people been in business for two days? Save yourself some time and money and go get a bronco(google it) from people who know what customer service is.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
“The Whole Encilada”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The salsa for the table was odd and spicy, but the more I ate it the more I really liked it. The enchiladas were excellent. This is a good solid Authentic/Tex-Mex restaurant. If you think El Chico is great mexican food this is probably not the place for you, and it does not offer much for atmosphere, but I enjoyed the food and the service and would definitely go again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Food was awful, service lacklustre”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We chose this restaurant out of the many Mexican restaurants in Galveston based on all the fabulous reviews online. We had fairly high expectations for the food.

Unfortunately, we were disappointed. We are vegetarian, so we asked for vegetarian recommendations, but they didn't really have any. So, we ordered nachos and gorditas with veggies to share.

The nachos were the worst nachos I've ever eaten, and I eat Mexican pretty frequently. They essentially put some tortilla chips on a plate, dumped on a can of beans, and heated processed liquid cheese on top (not sure if it was Cheese Whiz, but that's what it tasted like). It was really gross.

The gorditas were decent, but we were only given one knife with which to cut them, and we weren't given any plates, so we had to eat from the serving dish and share our knife. When we wanted service from the waitress, we had to go find her at the counter to get her attention. The restaurant was not busy; only one other table of customers while we were there.

Overall, it was just a really disappointing experience. I would not eat here again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dallas
“Best Fish Tacos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We were hungry after a day on the beach and wanted something quick. Had carry out fro Los Compas. It was fabulous. The chips and salsa were heated. The fish tacos were grilled with a tasty cream sauce and slaw in the shell. We will be sure to visit them on the next trip to Galveston

Visited April 2013