“Get the tile fish special!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Rudy & Paco Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 263 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 20th Street
Saint Charles, Illinois
“Get the tile fish special!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

WOW!! That's the word for my friends meal. I had the ahi tuna and it was great but my friends tile fish special was to die for!! We were a party of eight...5:30 seating. The ownership and waitstaff of this rest. is what puts and keeps it on the map. If you are in the area, this MUST be a stop!! It is an elegant, traditional(serve from the left..all dinners were served at the exact same time with a timed elegance) decor with it's forte being its old world manners....you know those things that most every restaurant and person have totally forgotten!!! All eight of us tried everything, so I must comment on all. Their claim to fame top two dishes are fine but in those dishes it is more about the sauce and crust than about the delicate fish flavor. As usual I am the odd ball when it comes to the most popular,,,I swear I don't know how people eat!! We had the ceviche...it was delish. we had the appetizer tower for a large group and they added to it to fit the group which was nice. The calamari which was breaded had a wonderful flavor...not of calamari but of the prep which in the case of calamari I'm all in favor of since it is not an expensive seafood category. The empanadas were okay but not great. The shrimp were spectacular! One of the ladies had the poblano soup which she was disappointed in, just bland. Another had the black bean which was very flavorful!! I ordered a caesar salad which was excellent!! I had the Ahi with jalepeno cream sauce. Here I needed more flavor in the sauce. The fish was of nice size and cooked to perfection. It came with asparagus cooked to perfection! My friend had the tile fish(the waiter explained that it was similar to sea bass) I can't remember the description but it was seriously the best plate on the table....WOW!! Great flavor, but yet didn't mask the fish...WOW!! This should have been on the regular menu!! Maybe tile fish is harder to find?? WOW...wish I could have gone back! The two most famous dishes..snapper simpatico and snapper a la freddie were as I said fussy and all about the prep and sauce. But obviously I am odd man out as they are the most requested. They brought the bday gal a huge piece of cake that we all tried and I would definitely recommend that cake...DELISH!! All in all I would say this is a special place, pricey but very good and service a 10+++ The waiters suggestions and knowledge are critical....USE them here!!! The owner actually went out and saved a streetside parking place for my friend as we had parked in the opera parking which I guess is a big NO-NO! Who does that anymore? Gotta love this place just for chivalry alone! Thanks Mr. Paco

• Visited April 2014

Balmorhea, Texas
“As close to perfection as we have ever found in a restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

The food and service were outstanding. We had ceviche, spinach salad and snapper on raspberry chipotle with crabmeat.h The food was superb and the atmosphere relaxed with no table turnover rush. Sharing of appetizer, salad and entree was graciously received and beautifully wserved. The waitstaff was experienced and professional with excellent suggestions without appearing overbearing or intrusive. Comfortably elegant atmosphere.

• Visited March 2014
Watertown, South Dakota
“The service and the food.....mmm mmm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

We had a dinner reservation here last night. The resaurant is small, but easy to find, and very elegant. From the start, our service was very very good. Their wait staff is clearly trained into a system of customer first teamwork! It showed. And the food was very good as well. I have to recomend the Sympatico! Very good! Great place for a date with your wife!

Visited March 2014
Durham, North Carolina
“Outstanding Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I visited Rudy and Paco's as an out of towner celebrating my wife's birthday. The restuarant and service is 5 star. Food is original, tasty and well presented. The service is of the highest quality. Rudy and Paco's would be rated as outstanding in any venue. It is a star in Galveston. However, one must bring their wallet as this is not an inexpensive meal. Almost $200 for two including tip and drinks.

• Visited March 2014
BC
“Popular”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Service was very good and food was good, but not as gourmet as I expected based on other reviews - and expensive.

Visited March 2014