“An improvement over last time” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 263 Restaurants in Galveston
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Description: Our beautiful location and fresh fare makes Miller’s Seawall Grill a Galveston favorite for locals and visitors alike. While we prepare meals, our guests relax and enjoy the atmosphere and views.Our full menu is available all day. We offer traditional American breakfast favorites like French toast, omelettes, waffles, pancakes and steak and eggs. We also serve sandwiches, po-boys, burgers, salads, soup and gumbo. Miller’s also serves traditional entrees, like chicken fried steak, ribeye, steaks, and pork chops. Of course, our seafood selection is superb: shrimp, oysters, scallops, flounder, snapper, salmon, crab.Our bar serves beer and wine, along with our signature bloody mary, margaritas and mimosas. Miller’s also offers takeout.
San Antonio, Texas
“An improvement over last time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

After visiting Miller's in August 2013 I wrote a 3-star review for the restaurant in this quirky-looking gingerbread type building overlooking the gulf.

This time, instead of lunch, Susan and I were there for breakfast. The food was high-quality, cooked to order - no complaints - and the coffee was good. What earned Miller's an additional star was our server, Mani, a friendly gal who gave as good as she got when it came to my kidding and banter. She even punched me - on the arm (Susan recommends that servers at least throw a straw at me) when I told her the food ruined my appetite. (Get it?)

We enjoyed our food ... and Mani.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
donalcsd, Owner at Miller's Seawall Grill, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to update your review, Robert. It's always fantastic to hear we've impressed a guest! Hopefully you'll keep us in mind next time you're in the area. I'm sure Susan looks forward to more witty banter. Plus our breakfast is eager to ruin your appetite again. (get it?)

Take care,

San Angelo, Texas
“Feb 2014 Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

The food was very good. What I didn't like was it was very dark and oldish and got the impression that it wasn't clean. First impression could be wrong. Wait staff was great. Very small parking lot, unless there is more elsewhere, but we parked in that little triangle where it sits. I understand that many people Love Millers's but I definite prefer Fisherman's Wharf over Millers.

Visited February 2014
Regardless of how much time passes, I always appreciate feedback. First and foremost, I want to assure you that we hold our Grill to the highest standard and have it professionally cleaned regularly. As for parking, we may not have unlimited space available, but we sure try our best with the lot we have. If only Galveston was a tad bit bigger so we could fit more cars!

You may not know this, but our building was actually built in the old Galveston style of 1890's. That's why you noticed our wood ceilings, wainscoting, pattern white ceramic tile floors -- all of the interior is built from old houses in Galveston and the state Capitol. While you may think it's "dark" and "oldish." We think we offer guests a cool piece of history.

At the end of the day, it's disheartening to read that you don't prefer to dine with us. Especially since your review offers little detail about how we can improve. If you'd like to provide additional feedback, please feel free to do so. I'm all ears on how we can improve in order to better serve our guests.

Kindly,
Chandler Tx
“Extraordinary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

We loved the food and the service was superb. My 13 year old son told the waiter he had a complaint....."The food was too good." Will definitely return.

Your opening line says it all! Thank you for taking the time to share this glowing recommendation for us, Laura. I'm sorry to hear "the food was too good," and please let your son know we are working on making it excellent! I look forward to welcoming you back.

Take care,
Folly Beach, South Carolina
“Review based on service only”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

There was a short wait for seating but it took so long to get served water and coffee that I couldn't wait another 15 minutes to place an order. Ended up walking out.

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
It's truly disheartening to read this review as it's so out of character for us. I truly apologize that it took a while for you to be greeted, and want to assure you that's not the impression we wish to leave on our valued guests. I understand that first impressions can be hard to shake, but I sincerely hope you'll decide to give us another chance to impress. I know we can provide you with the 5-star experience you deserve!

Kindly,
Glenpool, Oklahoma
“Very accommodating for large groups”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We were able to reserve a space large enough to accommodate our gymnastics team and their families (about 25 people) with only a few hours' notice, and the service was great. The menu was varied enough that everybody was able to find something they wanted. Our burgers were delicious, and I saw several people in our group sampling each other's dishes. They put us in an entire separated section of the restaurant which was nice. We'd been hoping to dine outdoors, but their patio wasn't open yet. We still had a great view, though.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
It was an honor hosting the gymnastics team at our Grill! I'm happy to hear a good time was had by all and I cannot wait to share these kind words with the rest of the team. Next time you're craving a delicious burger, please keep us in mind! Our door's always open.

Kind regards,