“Seafood and non-seafood lovers all happy” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 261 Restaurants in Galveston
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Description: Our beautiful location and fresh fare makes Miller’s Seawall Grill a Galveston favorite for locals and visitors alike. While we prepare meals, our guests relax and enjoy the atmosphere and views.Our full menu is available all day. We offer traditional American breakfast favorites like French toast, omelettes, waffles, pancakes and steak and eggs. We also serve sandwiches, po-boys, burgers, salads, soup and gumbo. Miller’s also serves traditional entrees, like chicken fried steak, ribeye, steaks, and pork chops. Of course, our seafood selection is superb: shrimp, oysters, scallops, flounder, snapper, salmon, crab.Our bar serves beer and wine, along with our signature bloody mary, margaritas and mimosas. Miller’s also offers takeout.
Campbell Hall, New York
“Seafood and non-seafood lovers all happy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Walked to Miller's after our wonderful train historical tour of various parts of Galveston. All six of us pleased with lunch which varied from shrimp tacos and poor-boys, hamburger steak with a delicious rye swirl bread, chicken fried steak, chicken club and calamari.. Homemade blue cheese on house salad was excellent. Our server was great, tea glasses never went empty. Price was less than $100 with tip included which I feel very reasonable and one of us even had a Bloody Mary!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
donalcsd, Owner at Miller's Seawall Grill, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thanks for the great review, Anna! It was wonderful to hear your entire party walked away happy and we can't wait to welcome you back!

Dallas, Texas
“Big portions!! Good service!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Went here based on others review. Had party of 6 for lunch and only waited about 10 minutes to be seated. Our drinks came fast except for bar order, but not to bad. Nice views. Had a lot if American comfort food and seafood. Had the club sandwich with was good. Fish tacos also good and fresh tasting. The calamari was not as fresh, little rubbery. That was our only complaint. Service was good , I never had an empty drink. Hostess that was working was excellent, very friendly, talkative to kids and was even helping clean off empty plates always a plus in a busy place. Overall very good with us for a party of 6 with some drinks, seafood and other it was only $95. FYI they do add gratuity to parties of 6 and more.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
donalcsd, Owner at Miller's Seawall Grill, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
My sincerest thank you for the great review here on TripAdvisor, Kelly. While I'm happy you loved our club sandwich and fish tacos, I'm disappointed our calamari did little for your taste buds. Rubbery food is very out of character for us, so I hope you'll give our dish a second chance to impress next time you're on the Island. Don't be a stranger!

Until next time,
Austin, Texas
“Great dining experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

We ate here on a Sunday night. The menu is extensive and a little cluttered, but I was able to find my way to some delicious food. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive, engaging in cheerful conversation and checking in often.
I am a wimp when it comes to spice, so I requested they go easy on my grilled fish- the cook seasoned it perfectly! The okra was delicious as well, but I was disappointed by the lack of flavor to my sautéed mushrooms.
We enjoyed our dinner here, people watching, chatting and sipping on our tasty tea.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
I'm happy to hear you found your way to some delicious food. Thank you for taking the time to share this great feedback with us. I truly appreciate your food recommendations and look forward to sharing your kind words about our service with the team. I hope you'll dine with us again next time you're in Galveston!

Be well,
“My kind of place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Two of us had lunch here. Shrimp breading was light and tasty, mac and cheese was killer! Lump crab and avocado salad was definitely worth the price. Avocado and chips was much better than regular guacamole. Bloody Marys were quite tasty and very well garnished with lime, olive and shrimp. We ate it all at Miller's seawall!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
donalcsd, Owner at Miller's Seawall Grill, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
We're so glad we could share it all with you! Can't wait to welcome you back again soon and thanks for all your kind words.

Gatesville, Texas
“Greasy and flavorless”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

My husband, toddler, a friend and I visited Miller's Seawall Grill for dinner on a Thursday night. The restaurant was not busy and we were seated in a booth overlooking the beach. The staff were helpful and friendly, bringing my son water with a lid and straw.

I liked that the children's meals were the same as the adults, only smaller (a choice of an entree + side from the adults menu).

We had the cajun shrimp appetizer, and for dinner we ate a variety between us- hamburger and fries, meatloaf, crab cake, shrimp, and fish, as well as mashed potatoes, okra, and other side dishes. Everything was oily (even the grilled fish), the food was flavorless, and it sat like a lead weight in my stomach. It was fast food only in a restaurant setting. I would not recommend it nor would I eat there again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
donalcsd, Owner at Miller's Seawall Grill, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
We're sorry to hear that you felt like our food was just of average quality, Heather. Though we go above and beyond to find both healthy and flavorful options for our guests, we wish you had found some meals you enjoyed more. Thanks for bringing your concerns to our attention.