“Most Delicious & Finger Licking Good” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Houston
“Most Delicious & Finger Licking Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Leon's BBQ took me back to a place that my father and I frequented when I was a child. A place where the people were caring and friendly and the food was just downright delicious! My husband and I bought two-two meat dinners and EVERYTHING was finger licking good. My only regret was buying one piece of their homemade pecan pie because it turned out to be as delicious as the food! Congratulations and hats off to Leon's BBQ

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Ann Arbor, MI
“Great BBQ, great people!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We'd read about Leon's on Trip Advisor and knew we wanted to have dinner here on our stay in Galveston. We showed up for a carry out dinner a few minutes after Leon had closed for the night, but he was waiting for some people who'd called ahead to say they were driving in for some BBQ from almost an hour away, so he invited us in.

Three things to note in that scenario: 1) some local Texans were driving almost an hour each way for Leon's BBQ; 2) Leon was waiting for them to arrive since they were stuck in traffic; and 3) when he saw us slow down to figure out if the place was open--he came out and waved us inside.

By the time we left with a bag full of amazing food we were on first-name basis with Leon and with the 3 ladies who'd driven so long for BBQ.

We got back to our condo and looked at our meal--we were sharing the 3 meat meal with 2 sides. We had beef brisket, chicken, and ribs with cole slaw and baked beans. Served with BBQ sauce on the side. All made from scratch, all made right there, all delicious. All for $16. It was fantastic food for our late evening dinner, made all the better by Leon's warmth and genuine hospitality.

This isn't a fancy restaurant, but it is real food made by good people. If I lived nearby, I'd drive almost an hour to eat with Leon again and again!

Waterford, Wisconsin
“Satisfaction in Quality and $$”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We were in town for a cruise on RCI Mariner and found Leon's on Tripadvisor. We were glad we did! The decor is nothing to write home about but the food was really good and the price was too. I recommend getting the three meat plate and splitting it between 2 people. We had the brisket, Carolina chipped pork and the chicken. All were really good. We should have tried the ribs. We had mac & cheese, cole slaw and green beans for the sides. The mac was very good. The cole slaw wasn't as creamy as I like it but it was good. The green beans were okay but I should have gone for the greens instead. I also had the bread pudding with rum sauce for dessert (YUM). For the 4 of us it was only $40 for two 3-meat dinners, drinks and dessert. I'll be back if I make it to Galveston again.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A little hole in the wall..but the food makes up for the atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Found this restutanta on trip advisor and decided to give it a try. Glad we did. The food was excellent. A family owned restutanta, Leon's been in business for 27 years. Came around and spoke to all of us. Huge portion sizes and price was great. We all (party of 7) all left very full and not a scrap left. A must eat at place in Galveston!

Vancouver, Canada
“Wow, a hidden gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Wanted a true BBQ experience (don't have it where we live). The place didn't look like much from outside but we were welcomed inside and the food exceeded expectation. Low on the ambience but high on the quality.

Visited March 2013