“Great Local spot that is not super expensive” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #29 of 241 Restaurants in Galveston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Doing business, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dallas, Texas
“Great Local spot that is not super expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Plain and simple this is a local spot that is off the strand that will not bust your budget. Located in an old neighborhood in an old building, this place screams Galveston. It was packed on the night we went and the experience was very nice. I was super tired after being at the beach all day, so I cannot speak to the margaritas, but the food was tasty and above average.

My only complaint is that the service was spotty. My group of 16 was split into 2 tables and one of the tables got the good waiter and my table got the bad waiter. One group was happy and full, while the other was frustrated and hungry.

The most pleasant part of the night was my $30 bill for myself, my wife, and 2 children. That makes me smile anytime. I would go here again and I recommend you do the same if looking for a local taste of Galveston. It may be a little touristy, but you wont bust your budget going there.

• Visited September 2013

Texas City, Texas
“I REALLY wanted to like this place but...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I just didn't. I ordered nachos. How hard is it to screw up nachos? They were soggy, had more refried beans then they did meat and cheese, about 5 jalapeno slices and that's about it. The two other people I was with all had the same experience with their meals. None of us would go back nor recommend.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“Great Meal...Awesome Price!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We went to the original on the advice of a local it wasn't on the strip, but so worth it. The service was excellent, the selection good and the food was incredible.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Republic, Missouri
“Can you say taco?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Just a wonderful place to enjoy some Mexican food with a beer or spirit or even a coke. My wife and myself can dine here for as little as $15.00. We really enjoy the Queso cheese which seems to have the right amount of spice and is nice and creamy. I really enjoy the enchiladas with the beef and chili sauce. The service is good with plenty of chips and salsa. A must try.

• Visited September 2013
“Good place for Mexican”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

We ate here late on a Friday night. Liked the atmosphere and the wait staff was attentive. We all ordered different dishes and all were good. Chicken flautas and fajitas were good. Also liked the salsa and chips, the salsa had a good flavor.

• Visited August 2013